Golden Eagle Webcam Forum

A webcam on a Golden Eagle Nest in Soomaa region
Forum rules
Welcome to this new webcam on a Golden Eagle nest in Soomaa.

We want to be as relaxed as possible, and help members to enjoy this forum. While having regard to the forum wide rules about picture size (800x600)and number of pics/videos per post(3) please post as much as you want. Try to banish the "double post" restriction. If you have prepared pictures, videos and text, please, please, post it. Your post is really wanted here. Please do not delete or withold your post just because another member has posted something similar before you. This forum is no place for a competiton about who posts first. All members are equal.

On other forums within Looduskalender, where there is one specified moderator, please respect the rules posted by that moderator as before.
This Golden Eagle forum will not have only one Moderator - as a team, we shall all do what is needed. There will not be separate Obsevation/Discussion topics.
Gunnar

Re: Golden Eagle Webcam Forum

Post by Gunnar »

Hi everybody,

I'm a new webcam forum member but worked with Estonian Golden Eagles already 20 years. I have followed this GE pair with trail cameras since 2011. From 2011 until today there have been every year one female - right leg green ring (number:SB086) and on left leg red ring (number:406H). I ringed this female as a nestling 2003 in the central part of Estonia.
In this nest nest have been through the last years at least two different males. Right now keep the important "father" place one Latvian guy! He have aluminium ring on the right leg (left leg is without any ring). On the last year trailcamera photos we could read only caps lock word "LATVIA" and our (Estonian Eagle Club) latvian colleagues confirmed that this male have really latvian nationality.

So Lucy and Bea - you did excellent work with zooming the rings but I hope that my addional information will not hesitate your attemptions next time:)!

Triin will help me quickly upload two trailcam photos of both eagles from the last year
Bea

Post by Bea »

Welcome to the forum, Gunnar, and many thanks for your additional infos about the history of this nest and its inhabitants :wave:

Maybe we will be lucky and one of the forum members can catch a moment with a better view on the Latvian ring :nod:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Triin

Post by Triin »

Gunnar wrote:Triin will help me quickly upload two trailcam photos of both eagles from the last year
Female

Male

Post by guest »

how nice is a Latvian boy :loveshower: lovely couple :2thumbsup:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Eagles cross borders :wink:

Maybe he heard about this former project :D
Biker

Post by Biker »

what great news!

Hey Gunnar
welcome! Thank you very much for the clarification of the identities of this couple.

Edit Whether these two are currently the only ones in this region or was there seen again a second male eagle recently?
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Welcome Gunnar, :hi: and thank you for your valuable information about the inhabitants of this beautiful nest. It's good to know the roots and history of the birds that we are watching. :D

Triin, beautiful photos - thank you too! :2thumbsup:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Wow, nice pictures and movies.
Thank you all. :thumbs:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

I am looking forward to what this cam will bring us.
When the Eagles are really calling the cam is too loud. It would be better to turn the volume a bit down to avoid deformation as much as possible. It probably can not be avoided completedly but it can be better than it is now.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Ahhh ..... Techno-Urmas made a clip including the visits of both Golden Eagles, thank you! :thumbs:

Bea

Post by Bea »

17:50 - Cam switched off

I suppose in case Golden Eagles will nest here length of transmission will be longer, with longer daylight. With the current cloudy weather battery will not recharge much by solar panels and with switching off in time energy can be saved.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I couldn't resist taking a picture from the male from Urmas' video.
The light is wonderful giving the bird an orange/golden colour.

laranjeiras

Post by laranjeiras »

:hi: thank you for the pictures and video
welcome gunnar - it must be so satisfying to track and see an eagle you ringed :thumbs:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

:wave: Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all pictures, videos, information and comments. :2thumbsup:
I often don't have time to watch during the day,
so it's really great to see what happened, after work.

These eagles are beautiful and impressive!
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Bea, Lucy and Guest, thank you for the pictures and videos!
:loveshower:
Gunnar, welcome! Thank you for the history!
I hope to see many more posts from you, here in the forum!

The picture of the baby chick!
:loveshower:
So Cute!!!
Bea

Post by Bea »

Marfo wrote:I couldn't resist taking a picture from the male from Urmas' video.
The light is wonderful giving the bird an orange/golden colour.
They look so majestic, don´t they? Your picture is the proof :thumbs:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Gunnar wrote: Triin will help me quickly upload two trailcam photos of both eagles from the last year

Gunnar, thank you very much! Greetings from latvian forumers https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 10#p168910 :hi:
Could you please tell us from what place in the central part of Estonia comes the mother?
And - if those photos are from last year, does it mean that they have both brought up an eaglet last year, Estonian eagle-girl and Latvian eagle-boy? Does it fledge?
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Triin

Post by Triin »

lianaliesma wrote: And - if those photos are from last year, does it mean that they have both brought up an eaglet last year, Estonian eagle-girl and Latvian eagle-boy? Does it fledge?
Both of these photos are from this webcam nest. Just different phases of breeding. One chick fledged last year. Usually golden eagles only have one chick.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Triin, thank you very much! :hi:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

February 8

Room with a view

Return to “Golden Eagle Webcam Forum”