Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

And further... :2thumbsup:

11: 51: 54/55 juvenile voice

12:55:37 a crow nags, others join in
12:55:52 -55 adult Goshawk nags against it

12:56:09 croak (rattle :rolleyes: )
12:56:10 a Goshawk flies away from the nest tree followed by 2 crows (I still have to check carefully. In slow motion it often shows twice - even without wine. :whistling: )

Slower

Has the Goshawk been there all along? :unsure:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

14:46:49 A blackbird looks curiously into the nest. Accompanied by warning calls from a woodpecker (or Jay? :help: ), She leaves 14:47:13.

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

14:57:26 A Passer (family Sperling)?

This nest is welcome for everyone today. Only our goshawks dawdle .... . :slap: :rotf:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

15:17:32 adult voice
15:18: 17/22 adult voice
15:18:24 Juvenile
15:18:27 adult voice

15:18:46 Jay :mrgreen:

15:18:55 - 15:19:02 Oh, both together! :loveshower:

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

15:20:27 -33 Juvenil voice
15: 21: 09/10 too

Then it was Jay's turn. :D
15:35:46 - 15:37:51

Otherwise the afternoon was pretty much free of goshawks.

Hmm, the snow has almost completely disappeared from the nest today. So there is room for a present for the lady. 8-) (What a mess in the nest ... :laugh: )

Have a nice evening everyone!
:wave:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

February 22nd

Good morning everyone ! :hi:

There is news, I allow myself to share it here.

"Labdien,
Paldies formistiem par Jūsu ieguldījumu sēžot pie kamerām un ziņojot sīkākās nianses.
Runājot par to jauno vanagu, kas bija atlidojis 18.02.2021. tas noteikti nebija A98, jo Arnis viņam gredzenu uzlika uz labās kājas, šim gredzens ir uz kreisās.
Diemžēl es arī nespēju nolasīt gredzena numuru.

Ņemot vērā, ka Boka un Luijs šogad nav ne reizi šeit atrādījies domāju ka viņi šogad šeit neligzdos.
Bet ir cerība uz kādu jaunu pāri kam šo brīvo teritoriju un ligzdu vajadzētu ieņemt tuvākajā laikā. Parasti vecie putni ligzdas ieņem jau janvārī, un tad jaunie putni klenderē pa brīvajām ligzdām un ja iepatīkas tur paliek. Parasti tās ieņem februārī vai pat martā.

Jā, un vistu vanags ligzdošanu var sākt jau pirmajā pavasarī. Pagājušo gadu (2020 ) Rīgā sekmīgi ligzdoja 5 īpatņi, kas bija šķīlušies 2019 gadā.
Tas ir 2 ligzdās abi putni bija pirmā gada un vienā ligzdā tēvs bij jaunais un māte 5gadus veca."

Google translation:

Good afternoon, Thank you to the formists for your contribution while sitting at the cameras and reporting the details. As for the young hawk that had arrived on February 18, 2021. it was definitely not A98, because Arnis put the ring on his right leg, this ring is on the left. Unfortunately, I also can't read the ring number. Considering that Boca and Louis have never been here this year, I think they will not nest here this year. But there is hope for some new couple who should occupy this free space and nest in the near future. Usually the old birds occupy the nests already in January, and then the young birds flicker through the free nests and if they like they stay there. They are usually taken in February or even March. Yes, and chicken hawk nesting can begin as early as the first spring. Last year (2020) 5 specimens that had hatched in 2019 successfully nested in Riga. It is in 2 nests both birds were first year and in one nest the father was young and the mother was 5 years old.

by Imants Jakovslev

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... &start=860
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

My guess that it could be A98 was unfortunately misinterpreted. I did not write anywhere that I could see or read the ring. My guess was based on the impression that this goshawk was very comfortable and may not be new here.
Well, probably one of the misunderstandings that can easily happen with translation. :innocent:

Yes, I feared it. They would have been more active a long time. But it raises the question for me ... should Boka and Luijs still be in the territory (hawks are very territorial), would they tolerate another breeding pair? In her eyrie?

The teenager left feces. Not straight into the nest, but was that a sign of occupation?

Polly and her questions ... :dunno: :rotf:
Let's look and listen! :2thumbsup:

today, so far ...

08: 28: 25/26 close and sounding a little different (sleepy) - adult voice (I will check it out with more time. As far as I remember, this call was special)
corrected : no Goshawk :laugh:
09:04:46 Goshawks fly from the left towards the plant (unsure)
09: 43: 20/21, 45/46 adult voice far away
Indian proverb
Made

Post by Made »

Polly wrote: February 20th, 2021, 9:49 am [..] I suspect it is the girl, better the female. A98. I took a screenshot. [..]
Polly wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:30 am My guess that it could be A98 was unfortunately misinterpreted. I did not write anywhere that I could see or read the ring. My guess was based on the impression that this goshawk was very comfortable and may not be new here.
Well, probably one of the misunderstandings that can easily happen with translation. :innocent:
Dear Polly, thanks for your posts there! It was I, who put the site in DD forum to your findings and discussion about breeding age of goshawk.

I had realy misinterpreted… :blush: :puzzled: Your suspect about A98 looked like sound argument for me and I went throughout all the video, trying to catch that screenshot, where the ring is readable.. Then I found in DD forum, that A98 is our “sister 2020”, but also after it I stayed in belief, that you had seen the ring code… :slap: Please, forgive me!
Polly

Post by Polly »

Oh dear Made, don't worry! Everything is okay! :2thumbsup:
I didn't mean to reprimand ... just to correct it. I am very grateful that I can also get information in the neighboring forum. The turnout here is not that much ( :D ) and I have days when I can't see the camera. Or if I'm at a loss ... I'm just a layman and grateful for everything that I can soak up the thoughts and knowledge of others.
And of course I'm wrong. But it's great to learn and accompany these birds.

Yes ... the screenshot. :laugh: I devoured the video but couldn't read the ring either. Still, I'm sure it's at least a girl.

There is nothing disagreeable between us! It's great that there are friends of these birds like you. :innocent:
And many eyes see more!

And by the way, I think it's not bad to go wrong together.

Warmly Polly :innocent:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Well, it's very quiet today. It almost seems to me that all the goshawks are out of the house. Nothing ... not even during the otherwise active morning hours. :shock:
10:52 - 58 Sometimes I think it's a squeaky kid. But it also sounds almost like a youthful voice from Goshawk.

Who would like to hear for themselves ...

Today is not my day ... I even mistake crows for goshawks. (08: 28: 25/26) :slap: :unsure:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Balm for that quiet day ... it feels so good. :innocent:

15:44:24 - 30 adult voice (for sure :mrgreen: )

short distance

Indian proverb
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Polly :hi: :2thumbsup:

Nature GoodnBad......
Love this Golden Eagle nest and truly hope Spilve has a successful season. PS: I tried to join lookusalender a year ago but never got access to comment. But I read there daily, including WTE and Goshawks. I just want you and all the contributors to know I appreciate every post.

It can be found in a comment from the video "Spilve with a new Mate?".
https://youtu.be/KERlkvXYCVI

So you have quiet readers here in the thread.
Polly

Post by Polly »

February 23rd

Good morning everyone! :hi:

Liz, thank you. It's nice to know that.

It's really noisy in the workshop again today after a long time. So I probably wouldn't be able to hear distant calls.
But I have to go to work soon anyway, I can't follow the camera any further today.

So far, unfortunately, no sign of a goshawk this morning.

Have a great day everyone! :innocent:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Oh my god .... check it out !!!!! :loveshower:

09:41:54 juvenile (with ring) lands in the nest

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

The juvenile sounds good. He giggles quietly ... :innocent:
Jump on the higher branch and start calling.

09:42:58 he leaves the branch on another. No longer to be seen but now the 'lapping' continues until 09:43:18.

09:43:30 leaves the tree? Wing beats can be heard.
Crows accompany him ...

09:44:07 - 11 Calling

:innocent:

It's so beautiful and so mean ... I have to go now. :unsure:

:wave:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

F50 oder 58? :puzzled:

I think the same as before (February 18th).
Indian proverb
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Polly, :hi: thank you for reporting and great pictures :2thumbsup:

It's F50 (for me)

by Imants Jakovļevs » 23 Feb 2021 16:16
....It is interesting that on February 18 there was an unknown Lady of 2020 from Pardaugava. But today's Lady F50 is from the right bank in Riga.
On May 18, 2020, it was ringed in Jugla by Lake Bābelīte. Gredzenoja Imants Jakovļevs.
Plastic rings black with white letters have LV code. The first letter can be A, C, F, H, K followed by two digits.
Given that this lady jumped into the nest it is already an application to the nest! I think we'll see this lady here again!

I saw it too and have made a ZOOM video

GT without correction! :bow:
This lady can sleep calmly here if she likes it here and if she finds a worthy husband. For example, last year, for this lady, a sister who broke up at Lake Babelīte in 2019 (F41) started nesting on Krustpils Street. In 2020. At the beginning of March, got a male and successfully hatched 4 chickens. And one of these 4 chickens (H22) is already going to nest in Ķengarags this year
Polly

Post by Polly »

...great pictures
Oh dear Liz, I had to be in such a hurry to not be late for duty. I didn't have time for beautiful, selected pictures ... hardly even to process them in my head!

Zack, suddenly she was there! When I was about to shut down. :rotf:
... Given that this lady jumped into the nest it is already an application to the nest.
Yes, I had that feeling too. It was just a little hop into the nest. No big approach or via detours of the branches. Just bang. :loveshower:
It's one of those niceties that I really appreciate! That jumping into the nest can mean a relationship with the nest. It is these experiences from professionals that are very valuable!
He, Imants Jakovlevs will not read it here, but I would like to say thank you very much for the effort to contribute to the forum.

Aaah ... I was wrong about the rush, of course. It wasn't the same girl. But a girl ... at least. 8-)

I'll just add something and then I'll just enjoy the visit one more time.
She has a pretty voice ... . :innocent:
And I have to change the way I think about calls. This teenage girl can do this gickering like adult birds! Perhaps she is really only leaning towards animate a male partner?
Just thoughts ... today I don't think anymore. :faint:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Addendum to this morning:

09:36:12 from bottom right to top - a bird flies past the nest. It was unclear to me whether it was a crow or a hawk. Interesting was the fact that crows rarely pass this direction of flight from below.
(Although a crow can be heard directly)

09: 36: 18/19 Adult voice a short distance away

The crows keep nagging ...

I didn't really want to post the observation but now it fits again.

In retrospect, it may have been F50.

Thank you Liz :2thumbsup: and everyone have a good night! :innocent:
Indian proverb

Return to “Goshawks”