Tawny Owls and all the others
Tawny Granny

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam

Post by Tawny Granny »

asteria wrote:Two tawny owlets from London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBBOvA0P ... r_embedded
Hello again!
What a lovely view from Kensington!
So many owlets could survive in the middle of the city? Good news but pity on ours this year :cry:
Any news about Biggie?!
Kind regards!
Granny
Mew

Post by Mew »

I expect that you have all seen it, but if not, do look at the wonderful summary of this year's owl webcam: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=219&p=77209#p77209
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Today I finished my album with many pictures of all the webcams we have to watch.
Yesterday arrived a postcard of a Tawny Owl, that I have auctioned. The card took place on page one and then followed many pics of our believed Claara, Claus and the owlets. My memories went back to this wonderful time when we all were together here - watching the growing of "Littlest", "Longneck", "Mid" and "Biggie". How will the rest of the family be? Looking forward to the next season of this nice birds..
Bleggi
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Hi, Bleggi!
I browsed the forum recently and was thinking about the same things. We are a good team!
It's a pity that a new season is so far yet.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Today our lovely Biggie is 4 month young. Her birthday is May 7th and I will remember of it.
Let us hope that she is well :wave:
Regards from Bleggi
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Belated happy birthday to my lovely little owl! How could I forget...
Mew

Post by Mew »

We have tawny owls calling in the trees opposite our house in the evening at present and so I remember with gratitude our little Estonian friends...
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

Happy person you are! Maybe you could take a picture of them?
Mew

Post by Mew »

mei2k wrote:Happy person you are! Maybe you could take a picture of them?
Believe it or not, we never SEE them - they just call to each other in the dark! [Hence my viewing the webcam here.] But hearing them is better than nothing....
mei2k

Post by mei2k »

I believe, it's a bit hard to spot them :D
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Aren't they cute?

Mew -- if you get a chance go peek when you hear -- jays or rooks or whatever kinds of birds like that, that live near -- making a big ruckus in the day. I have found hawks, raccoons and great horned owls that way. (And occasionally just some jays who have it in for one another.)
Mew

Post by Mew »

alice44 wrote:Aren't they cute?

Mew -- if you get a chance go peek when you hear -- jays or rooks or whatever kinds of birds like that, that live near -- making a big ruckus in the day. I have found hawks, raccoons and great horned owls that way. (And occasionally just some jays who have it in for one another.)
Hmmm, yes, I do look at 'disturbances' - and sometimes see a buzzard, sparrrowhawk or a kestrel. But the rooks, jackdaws and woodpigeons in these big trees opposite us seem to make a lot of noise most of the day! Not to mention the 30+ sparrows in our little garden who compete with them all day too :gathering: . Oh, and those big trees are in the grounds of our high school (1300 pupils, though admittedly they are quiet all day, till school ends....). A 'peaceful' English village?? :rotf: At least the village duckpond is relatively quiet!
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

It seems to be true.. an owl who is afraid of the dark.!! :puzzled:

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/199298-frig ... -the-dark/

:D
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Mew

Post by Mew »

Aww, lovely, Macdoum. Our cockatiel loves the sound of TV, etc, but doesn't seem to see the picture. (Or any reflection in a mirror.)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Such a cute owl.

I have wondered about the dvds you can buy for a cat -- my cats show no interest in anything on a screen. I think they were puzzled once or twice by the screams of the LSEs but for the rest that was just boring human stuff, but that owl certainly looks to be looking at something.
parkery

Post by parkery »

How do you repair a wood table chipped edge? I've got a dark wood coffeee table that has about a 1 inch wide edge chipped off of it. It's more than a gouge, but less than a chunk and would require filler/shaping to replicate the shape of the table edge. What is the best material to use and how do I ensure I match the color of the table?

Post by mei2k »

parkery wrote:How do you repair a wood table chipped edge? I've got a dark wood coffeee table that has about a 1 inch wide edge chipped off of it. It's more than a gouge, but less than a chunk and would require filler/shaping to replicate the shape of the table edge. What is the best material to use and how do I ensure I match the color of the table?
I don't mean to be rude, but your message is not relevant to the topic.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Mew wrote: Hmmm, yes, I do look at 'disturbances' - and sometimes see a buzzard, sparrrowhawk or a kestrel. But the rooks, jackdaws and woodpigeons in these big trees opposite us seem to make a lot of noise most of the day! Not to mention the 30+ sparrows in our little garden who compete with them all day too :gathering: . Oh, and those big trees are in the grounds of our high school (1300 pupils, though admittedly they are quiet all day, till school ends....). A 'peaceful' English village?? :rotf: At least the village duckpond is relatively quiet!
I followed a disturbance today sure I was going to find a raccoon or an owl -- but instead I found a Jay rukus. The Scrub Jays ( http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Western_Scrub-Jay/id ) and the Stellar's Jays ( http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Stellers_Jay/id ) were having it out.
Mew

Post by Mew »

Ah. Alice - these are our 'jays.' http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdgui ... index.aspx Colourful and I forget they are corvids......
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Mew wrote:Ah. Alice - these are our 'jays.' http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdgui ... index.aspx Colourful and I forget they are corvids......
These are the same jays as in Estonia aren't they? Viewing via cam it is often difficult to see all the colours.

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”