Suggest Names for Young Black Storks 2019.

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Lea T

Re: Suggest Names for Young Black Storks 2019.

Post by Lea T »

My offer :rolleyes:
AAS- meadow
OJA- stream, brook

or just Oh and Ah, like the cartoon "Oh and Ah on the trip" :D

these are gender-neutral names
visit

Post by visit »

Ah, ok, thanks Jo UK and juta ! :thumbs:

so i like ain and ott, but don't know, if unisex or not :D
i just read and wait for the poll... :wave:
Lea T

Post by Lea T »

visit wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:48 pm Ah, ok, thanks Jo UK and juta ! :thumbs:

so i like ain and ott, but don't know, if unisex or not :D
i just read and wait for the poll... :wave:
Ain and Ott are male names.
visit

Post by visit »

ups, ok - then i have no names at this point of time and like to wait for the next basket of unisex names :laugh:
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

Jo UK wrote: July 15th, 2019, 1:14 pm So this is why Juta said it is not easy! :headroll:
:nod:
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

let's start from the beginning?
Names should be light and short, like a feather, easy to remember, easy to write and pronounce, and associated with (O and A). They must be in circulation in Estonia. And it would be good to recall the nature of our birds. Therefore, I ask you to pay attention to the names I have proposed.

what is brilliant is always simple! :nod:
Tatiana60 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 12:18 am I suggest monotonous Estonian names that suit both a boy and a girl:
Ali
Olli

Olli (lucky, temperamental)
Ali (friendly, attentive, serious and from Arab roots meaning: brave, senior)
716A - really senior and attentive
716O - really temperamental and lucky.
The source of information wrote my above. These names are harmonious, melodious and easy to remember.
http://slovar.vrukah.info/ru/%D1%80%D0% ... 0%BD%D0%B0
[color=#000000]https://ru.surnameanalys ... ml[/color]

Poliff

Post by Poliff »

Tatiana60 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:19 pm let's start from the beginning?
Names should be light and short, like a feather, easy to remember, easy to write and pronounce, and associated with (O and A). They must be in circulation in Estonia. And it would be good to recall the nature of our birds. Therefore, I ask you to pay attention to the names I have proposed.

what is brilliant is always simple! :nod:

[/size]

And in my opinion, this is the imposition of your opinion. Let's have a few names for "O" and "A", and everyone else will vote for some of the list. :nod:
Smile, you're being filmed by a hidden camera!
leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello Tatjana,

I think it's no good idea to ask the observers for a new start of giving names. Many of us have already made a decision. How should Juta proceed with these votes? And what should she do with double votings of people who have already voted?
:puzzled:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

I think, that we will end with suggesting names tomorrow evening and start with voting on Wednesday morning.
Leonia, you are right I even don´t know how to create the list of the names. Will think in the morning! :slap:
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Moira

Post by Moira »

Lea T wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:25 pm My offer :rolleyes:
AAS- meadow
OJA- stream, brook

Nature-related names are indeed the most gender neutral.
In Estonian the last letter of the name means nothing in regard of gender, the language has no grammatical gender. It is how a name is used and how it is perceived. Olli, for instance is a female name in Estonia, Ali is perceived as male name.
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Last year's names Maru, Päike and Karula have they also been gender neutral?

And in Osprey Forum there has been made a decision concerning gender and male and female names are suggested. Couldn't we do here the same?
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

aquiline wrote: July 15th, 2019, 11:05 pm Last year's names Maru, Päike and Karula have they also been gender neutral?
Yes, they are gender neutral, aren't Estonian names but words, Maru - storm, Päike - sun, Karula - location of their nest
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

:wave:
leonia wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:02 pm ... I think it's no good idea to ask the observers for a new start of giving names. Many of us have already made a decision. How should Juta proceed with these votes? And what should she do with double votings of people who have already voted?
:puzzled:
I mean, we have to vote again... of course, according to the proposed list. It's good technology.
HelenL44

Post by HelenL44 »

When the list is made could the listmaker give the pronunciation of the name? As an American I don't know how these names sound and I would like to be able to say them correctly in my head and when thinking about the storklets.
Helen S.
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

Poliff wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:48 pm And in my opinion, this is the imposition of your opinion. Let's have a few names for "O" and "A", and everyone else will vote for some of the list. :nod:
1. Oh..., this is not an imposition, and soft advertising... and not all arguments were given earlier. Smile together?... :D
2. I think we should vote again... of course, according to the proposed list. The list itself will include all previously suggested names that meet the requirements. The list itself will include all previously suggested names that meet the requirements (and even some new, but suitable. The commander decides :thumbs: ). I think, that can to vote even for 10-20 names. The winner is the name with the most votes. And if there is a draw, the winner is the name that is shorter. I agree with all the rules. :nod:
visit

Post by visit »

:rotf: *sorry ;)
HelenL44 wrote:When the list is made could the listmaker give the pronunciation of the name?
i think, you can hear the pronunciation, if you use google translator or dict.cc, they have this possiility ;)

i've no overview about the suggestions untill now but i trust juta, that she will collect them all. a list with the names and translations and without the empty phrases of advertising will be enough, i think :)

may be, if i cannot sleep i should look for some more names too ? :mrgreen:

:wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Tatiana, why do you say we should "vote again"?
We have not yet voted at all.
Be patient, please. Our usual routine will see us win through.
HelenL44

Post by HelenL44 »

thank you Jo and Tatiana,
Jo gave me the Google translate URL - I'd never noticed the clickable audio icon before!
Here's the first two I looked up in case anyone else is a native English speaker (my spelling for how it is pronounced):
Ain - Ayeen
Olli - Olyay

Oops - I meant "thanks Jo and Visit".
Helen S.
Moira

Post by Moira »

HelenL44 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 1:31 am
Here's the first two I looked up in case anyone else is a native English speaker (my spelling for how it is pronounced):
Ain - Ayeen
Olli - Olyay
Ain is pronounced as German number 1 'ein' . https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ein-#Pronunciation
Olli = Ollie, with longer 'l', though.
leonia

Post by leonia »

Lea T wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:25 pm My offer :rolleyes:
AAS- meadow
:unsure: Aas is the German word for carcass . . . :shock:

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”