Fund Raising For Transmitters - 2019

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Re: Fund Raising For Transmitters - 2019

Post by Jo UK »

When discussing this with Urmas a while ago, he suggested that people who contributed to the fund should be asked how the money should be spent. I would like Urmas to suggest some projects which would help Kotkaklubi so we can give our opinions about each suggestion.
However, this is a busy time of year for the Kotkaklubi members.

pet@home, thank you for raising this subject - it does need resolution.
pet@home

Post by pet@home »

So, we will wait for suggestions. Thanks so far for replying.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I asked Urmas for suggestions about the donated funds. As expected he is too busy with field work to be able to give time to our questions. He suggests leaving the funds until next year. This year he has five transmitters waiting to be fitted to adult black storks.

But first - catch the stork

So we still have 1,502.40 euro waiting for Urmas to use.
Trine

Post by Trine »

Jo UK wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:14 pm This year he has five transmitters waiting to be fitted to adult black storks.
But first - catch the stork
Interesting. Is he considering "our" birds for catching?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Sorry, Trine.
I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps they will appear on Birdmap in time.
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Jo UK wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:14 pm This year he has five transmitters waiting to be fitted to adult black storks.
This is a lot :2thumbsup: Where do they come from? Last year Urmas had to borrow one for Aru
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

pet@home wrote: June 18th, 2020, 10:21 pm

I'm wondering that it takes so long time until Kotkaklubi will receive the funds raised from the money pot.
Jo UK , I assume Kotkaklubi meanwhile received the money ?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Aquline :wave:
I think that two transmitters were recovered from downed birds. About the remainder - I have asked Urmas if he can answer the quesstion.
Don't expect a fast reply, at this time of year!
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Jo UK wrote: June 26th, 2020, 11:52 am Aquline :wave:
I think that two transmitters were recovered from downed birds. About the remainder - I have asked Urmas if he can answer the quesstion.
Don't expect a fast reply, at this time of year!
Thank you, Jo :wave:
No, I don't. Anyway, I am wondering whether Urmas's days are having more than 24 hours :whistling:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Urmas is involved with this project:

https://baltcf.org/project/fresh-water- ... rspective/

(I just asked Google "five black storks will have transmitters" and got this link)

So, it is not transmitters donated by our members.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

aquiline wrote: June 26th, 2020, 11:45 am This is a lot :2thumbsup: Where do they come from? Last year Urmas had to borrow one for Aru

It doesn't really matter where the transmitters come from ... we now have 2020 and the main thing is that 5 storks get transmitters to follow their migration route and draw conclusions for the benefit of the black storks.
Greetings Kawajet
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

juta wrote: June 26th, 2020, 2:54 pm Urmas is involved with this project:

https://baltcf.org/project/fresh-water- ... rspective/

(I just asked Google "five black storks will have transmitters" and got this link)
Thank you, juta, that is a great project :loveshower:
sova

Post by sova »

I wish you success ! :2thumbsup:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

As today in southern Estonia it is very hot and no any wind, decided to stay in room, at least for couple of hours - got too much sun already during continuous field works of last weeks.
Transmitters of baltcf funding have clear aim to fill, it is to monitor results of the project activities. That means we can use these in project areas, where we make inventories of possible feeding grounds of Black Stork in Estonia, also make some pilot restoration works, but mainly produce guidelines about restoration of BS feeding grounds in future, within bigger projects. That is because of visible shortage of food to produce healthy and well fed juveniles in nests. These five transmitter we can install only on adults keeping territories in project areas. Migration tracking would be as bonus to the main goals, but not the aim of the project directly. Karula NP, where webcam nest is situated, it is not within project areas.
As nature conservation and forestry routines do not mach completely (rather are controversial) and sometimes we are critical with intensive forestry activities today - timber sector tries to blame us in co-work with Nord Stream gas pipe, which most probably funds German baltcf foundation, our funder today... Though there is no any substantial connection between Eagle Club and Nord Stream which I may know.

Donated sum by you, dear observers of BS webcam, that we can keep up to next season, no difference where it waits for right time. Hopefully in webcam nest will be more successful breeding next year, but as in the nature usually, there is nothing sure.
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Thank you very much ,Urmas, for your information and all the work you are doing. Take a rest and have a nice weekend :wave:
pet@home

Post by pet@home »

Hallo,
we all hope for a better season in 2021. Maybe with Kaia again. My suggestion is, anyway, to buy a new camera with night view. I d'ont know what the costs would be. But I think there could be a valuable amount remaining for transmitter(s).
Whatever is decided, I'm hopeful that there will be a successful brood with Karl II and Kaia (?) next year.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

June 5, 2022.

We want to know if there is a will among members, to start another fund-raising event.

How many, here, would like us to open a new fund-rising page?
What purpose would you like to see funds used for?
General support for Kotkaklubi to use as they most need?
Some specific purpose - such as helping to provide a reliable food source for black storks,
or?
Pleae express your opinions and ideas here. Thank you!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Fund -raising begins!

http://www.leetchi.com/c/kotkaklubi

Go to https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 63#p860363
for discussions. This topic will be locked now.

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”