Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Felis silvestris »

The forum will not be closed over winter, we will have other cameras to watch (wild boars, eagle feeding place) and we have a social corner here too viewforum.php?f=27 where we do more of chat than observations! Why don't you join us there while waiting for the new season and also have a look at the winter in Estonia? The eagle feeding place is a very interesting thing, white tailed eagles, ravens, crows, foxes, raccoon dogs, other birds of prey staying in winter! Last season we even had a camera that could zoom in! Mutikluti, Jo and Andre did a fabulous job there!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
the camera is on again like yesterday. i suppose it was off the day before because the weather was too cloudy for the battery to recharge. yesterday evening was beautiful and sunny.

at 18.11 there was a buzzard flying over the nest. i managed to capture one of its meow's here.
ame

Post by ame »

this morning the wind is so quiet that birds' voices can be heard from far. i think it's mostly jays who are making conversation there. i think there are also some woodpeckers, too...

Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Good Bye Stephi. as the cam will soon be off we must come to say goodbye to a love that is gone. I will miss the nest as i go there each moring and i come here eachday. I love you all and i thank each and everyone of you for the pic and video's that have been posted thr the years.
I love you all and I love our Stephi.. Save trip Tuuli and Remo.. see u in the spring. :cry:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Today is the fourth anniversary of Ms Mid death. I created a new group where we can light the candles for her and for other young birds who died on the first year of their lives: storklets, eaglets, owlets.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=tooni
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
ame

Post by ame »

from about 12.31 more buzzard calls.

Chimega

Post by Chimega »

asteria wrote:Today is the fourth anniversary of Ms Mid death. I created a new group where we can light the candles for her and for other young birds who died on the first year of their lives: storklets, eaglets, owlets.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... g&gi=tooni
Thank you, asteria! I'll go there right now and light a candle. :bow:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Felis silvestris wrote:The forum will not be closed over winter, we will have other cameras to watch (wild boars, eagle feeding place) and we have a social corner here too viewforum.php?f=27 where we do more of chat than observations! Why don't you join us there while waiting for the new season and also have a look at the winter in Estonia? The eagle feeding place is a very interesting thing, white tailed eagles, ravens, crows, foxes, racoon dogs, other birds of prey staying in winter! Last season we even had a camera that could zoom in! Mutikluti, Jo and Andre did a fabulous job there!
I will be here!!! :wave: :loveshower:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
kitcatldy

Post by kitcatldy »

I couldn't have said it better, Maxi4Paws. Good bye sweet Stephi. Cam will be going away and we will not see the nest for months; however, know in my heart you are always with me. There have been many losses at nests this year that we have known about, but this one has really gone deep for me. Maybe it's the beauty of this nest, maybe it's the beauty of Tuuli and Remo, but I know one thing for sure, you were soo beautiful and LOVED every day that you were here on this earth Stephi.

I will continue to light candles for you Stephi. I'll always remember you sweet Stephi.

Till next Spring, be safe Tuuli and Remo.

Crystal :loveshower:
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

:dunno:I find it so very hard to say GoodBye to a nest that i just got to know just this past April when you, Stephi cought my heart and you never let it go.
I pray so very hard that Tuuli & Remo will have a very safe trip as they migrait to their winter home. that in the spring,when its to start all over again, we will see you both. that first,we will hear you,they see you. To start building your nest all over again.
that this year, its been so very hard with nest all over of losses.
I know in my heart that you,"Stephi" that you will be there with every flay of their wings to guide your mom and dad to their winter home.
I love you Stephi and i know that you will be with your mom & Dad on their Journey.
May the hand of GOD be what guides you to your winter home, that you arrive there saftley.
I love you Tulli and Remo.
Not goodbye,but Ditto for just now will we see you again next year... :gathering: as we gather to see you again with coffie and toast in hand.
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

I can't stop cry.

I've just lighted a candle for you stephi.

goodbye my loved.

:cry:
...goodnight poor little thing
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Thanks so much to all.
Homedi

Post by Homedi »

Hello to all... :wave:
A little visitor was on Stephis nest: (08-31-12) 14.48 nesttime

Pics, videos and live-cams at http://www.TheHomedi.de
Migration-map:
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=EN
Homedi

Post by Homedi »

Here a pic:

Pics, videos and live-cams at http://www.TheHomedi.de
Migration-map:
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=EN
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Good Morning. Such a very pretty bird at the nest. IS today the last day for the cam? is it to be shut off after today??/ I love that nest as its just so very pretty there.... :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It's a woodpecker, I also saw it while making a short lunch break. I will post some pictures after I have loaded them.

Maxie, we don't know when the camera will be taken down. Usually Urmas lets us know shortly, if he has time, when it'll be. It might be still some time until then - enjoy it as long as it is possible!

Edit: I made a gif out of my pictures:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Felis silvestris wrote:It's a woodpecker, I also saw it while making a short lunch break. I will post some pictures after I have loaded them.

Maxie, we don't know when the camera will be taken down. Usually Urmas lets us know shortly, if he has time, when it'll be. It might be still some time until then - enjoy it as long as it is possible!

Dendrocopos major, juvenile. Great GIF. :rolleyes:
Bea

Post by Bea »

vainamoinen wrote:Dendrocopos major, juvenile. Great GIF. :rolleyes:
From this years breed??? If yes, he is already coloured very nice :loveshower:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Did not find the film button immediately so I kept on pressing the snap shot one! :mrgreen:
Yes, a beautiful bird, and showed himself quite nicely!

Dadel

Post by Dadel »

love you :cry:
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”