Lesser Spotted Eagles - Western Estonia 2019

Polly

Re: Lesser Spotted Eagles - Western Estonia 2019

Post by Polly »

There is no other option but to feel good when new life is born in this nest.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that streaming works better to watch. :thumbs:
Today I was lucky. Otherwise hardly.
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

April 24
Good morning! :wave:
7.00 In the nest work.
The camera freezes.
07.07.20 Mating sounds (?) Near the nest
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

7.10 First work in the nest, and then mating? By the sounds of this pairing. The camera freezes, the image sometimes freezes.
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

15.50 Male in nest with a frog. The camera "freezes", works in jumps.

15.55 The male has already flown away.
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

25th of April

Good morning! :wave:
6.31 The male (?) In the nest. Works in the nest, calling the female.
6.34.47 A female (?) With a frog?
Mating is almost in the nest! The one who brought the frog is a female! I didn’t have time to record a video, but then I failed, because the stream hangs and is interrupted. :cry:
That's all that happened.

Does it happen that the female brings food to the male? :puzzled:
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

I did not find the link to the archive, and maybe it was not? :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

This camera has no archive yet. Unfortunately.
And I think it rather unlikely that the female brings food for the male. But who knows?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

Felis silvestris wrote: April 25th, 2019, 7:31 am This camera has no archive yet. Unfortunately.
And I think it rather unlikely that the female brings food for the male. But who knows?
Felice silvestris! I was extremely surprised when I saw that during the mating the female turned out to be the bird that brought the frog. After all, another bird immediately swallowed it! I already do not understand anything! The pairing was on the side of the nest, maybe I didn’t see exactly how it was? Or is it the "miracles" of the camera? :slap: :sleep: :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Maybe she came with her own food and macho eagle took it away? Or there was a jump in the camera transmission and the birds switched in between?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

11:31 - mouse snack

Both look quite similar, even the size is at first glance not so different. Maybe the male (on the right handing over the mouse) has got slightly lighter feathers on his legs ...

After the mouse was consumed, mating on a branch on the right. The camera stalled at that moment, but I am rather sure it was the bird on the right who jumped upon the bird on the left.

Post by guest »

:hi:
finally here is a couple :2thumbsup:
female eagle staying near nest and occasionally called/google tr./
13.30 his sits on its big branch:

14.14 called...called and called :whistling:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

April 26

Unfortunately the camera stalls a lot, most of the pictures of the visit and mating are not really coming out

One of the better ones, showing the female on the left and the male on the right.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

April 27

Male arrives with a vole and calls the female to the nest

After a while and the male leaving the female comes and the male comes back with the vole

Female goes to the back branch to eat while the male does some nest work. After that mating on the branch

Female on the nest

The camera still stalls a lot and it is difficult to get any clear pictures.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

14:36 - mating on a branch on the right side

14:42 - another mating on the same branch (after some nest work)

Askja

Post by Askja »

LSE doing some nest work and calling softly all the time. Then hopped onto a higher branch to the right and sat there for a while before taking off.

Pity that I can't discern the sexes. I'd need a "donkey's bridge", some unique feature in at least one of the two, but I don't see any. :unsure:

13:30

“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
Askja

Post by Askja »

As to the unstable stream, there is something unusual with this cam's server: When the stream drops for longer than 1-2 seconds, it does not seem to reconnect after the stream comes back on. I'm not an expert on these things, but maybe this could be fixed and make watching the cam just a little bit easier? :bash:
“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Askja wrote: April 28th, 2019, 3:30 pm

LSE doing some nest work and calling softly all the time. Then hopped onto a higher branch to the right and sat there for a while before taking off.

Pity that I can't discern the sexes. I'd need a "donkey's bridge", some unique feature in at least one of the two, but I don't see any. :unsure:

Further up I have mentioned already, the male has got lighter feathers on his legs (besides being a tad smaller than his lady). I looked, the best picture I have is still this one, male on the right, female on the left:

About the stream, I can't tell. I suppose it depends on how far the equipment is from the next tower.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

April 29

Both eagles work on the nest and another mating could be seen as shadow as they moved to one of the upper right branches

Male on the left, female on the right

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

April 30

Also thinking of the nest and its comfort

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have enquired about the bad stream. It is known and Omar promised to look into the matter. It might be necessary to find a different network provider. We have to be a bit patient, but there is still hope for improvement.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”