Nice sunny weather, the 4 swans look so nice in the pond :thumbs:

All I can do is listen to this while watching them :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=aoudX2L-sLE
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

SEPTEMBER 6th

MAKOV

Today, storks brought first branches for their nest :thumbs: :D

I wish them good health and hope they'll be able to have a new family next spring :bow:
asteria

Post by asteria »

I think first of all Marushka should be treated completely, in spring get additional medicine and perhaps the eggs should be put in incubator to avoid any possible bad incidents. But all is up to Makov people of course. They always have to decide what is better and it is very difficult to make the right decision.
asteria

Post by asteria »

! Yesterday the grey heron attacked both gulls.
https://www.facebook.com/10000674932692 ... 455599441/
sova

Post by sova »

asteria wrote: September 9th, 2019, 11:00 am ! Yesterday the grey heron attacked both gulls.
https://www.facebook.com/10000674932692 ... 455599441/
Hello asteria :hi:
Is not that the heron that killed a heron last year?
I really like the two little seagulls, they are so cute. :rolleyes: Can not remove this heron, he is not disabled, right?
asteria

Post by asteria »

Hi Sova,

Herons appear in Makov every year by the end of Summer, it is not real to remove them. It may be not the same one but anyway the gulls are not safe near this place. The only way it to move them to Black pond area and then in the aviary for winter season, as Tonik and Tonichka.
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: September 8th, 2019, 11:37 amI think first of all Marushka should be treated completely, in spring get additional medicine and perhaps the eggs should be put in incubator to avoid any possible bad incidents. But all is up to Makov people of course. They always have to decide what is better and it is very difficult to make the right decision.
Mr. Libor Šejna has to help great veterinarians - there is really no need to develop theories what should be done with female WS Maruška or any other animal in RS Makov
asteria wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:59 pm...The only way it to move them to Black pond area and then in the aviary for winter season, as Tonik and Tonichka.
Mr. Libor Šejna know what to do - there is really no need to develop theories what should be done
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: September 9th, 2019, 11:22 am... Can not remove this heron, he is not disabled, right?
Sova, the gray herons do not live in a Rescue Station Makov - they arrive and depart as they wish
sova

Post by sova »

Asteria, Solo ... thank you :nod:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Solo wrote: September 10th, 2019, 10:12 am Mr. Libor Šejna know what to do - there is really no need to develop theories what should be done
As grey herons can't be removed from Makov and are dangerous for gulls, the only thing Mr. Libor Šejna may do is to hide Nely and Sely from herons.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

:hi:

Thanks for all the updates :thumbs:

I love the 2 gulls; they are so cute walking around always together like best friends :laugh:

The 2 young swans are so big and they are already swimming slowly in their royal way; it's so nice to watch them :thumbs: When all 4 are in the pond - it's the best show :bow:
sova

Post by sova »

14. Sept.

Good morning to all :hi:

Abigyl wrote: September 12th, 2019, 9:55 pm ...
I love the 2 gulls; they are so cute walking around always together like best friends :laugh:
These are also my favorites :rolleyes: ... they are sooo cute
asteria

Post by asteria »

sova

Post by sova »

Dr.Gebril

Post by Dr.Gebril »

Hello there everyone.

I’m Dr. Gebril from Egypt. Recently I’m working with White Storks en their Migratory Route through Sinai. I’m a veterinarian and I performed autopsy on Maru the Black Stork from Matsalu NP- Estonia , one of Dr. Urmas Selies Study animals . I’m currently doing a governmental backed investigation and therapy effort to mitigate further casualties in one of the most populated Resting Areas for the Storks aka the sewage treatment ponds . I’ve been collecting data and doing fieldwork for 2 weeks now and I’d like to outreach for fellow veterinarians that care about such cause .

If you happen to know someone, Please do refer them to me on this email: gebrilnader@gmail.Com

Thank you all .
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Welcome back, Dr. Gebril.
Your request has been forwarded to Urmas, who knows all the right people.
asteria

Post by asteria »

The link to Honzik&Marushka nest is now available here:
https://www.mall.tv/capi-hnizdo?fbclid= ... 40X0bjLBAg

Two other Makov cams on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvDsbp5qaQ Swan pond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xorGcfEhzE Bird and squirrel feeder
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Dr.Gebril wrote: September 30th, 2019, 9:08 pm Hello there everyone.

I’m Dr. Gebril from Egypt. Recently I’m working with White Storks en their Migratory Route through Sinai. I’m a veterinarian and I performed autopsy on Maru the Black Stork from Matsalu NP- Estonia , one of Dr. Urmas Selies Study animals . I’m currently doing a governmental backed investigation and therapy effort to mitigate further casualties in one of the most populated Resting Areas for the Storks aka the sewage treatment ponds . I’ve been collecting data and doing fieldwork for 2 weeks now and I’d like to outreach for fellow veterinarians that care about such cause .

If you happen to know someone, Please do refer them to me on this email: gebrilnader@gmail.Com

Thank you all .
Dr. Gebril, we all remember you very well for your great work. Thanks again !!
I am not from Estonia, I'm just watching the nests by Cam or reading the forums.

I think that you have to connect associations or governmental offices in countries which are on the routes of migratory birds from Europe to Africa. Many countries might have experience and they'll be glad to share it, because all of us want to make an healthier and better world.
I hope that countries like: Greece, Turkey, Israel or Jordan are doing some projects on this issue and will be able to help or to discuss it with you.

We all pray for the birds who are flying south now, to come back to their nest in spring.
Be well! Hope you'll find the help you need :thumbs:
Dr.Gebril

Post by Dr.Gebril »

Thank you for the kind words, really good feedbacks like these bring my spirits up only to immerse me more to save the birds.
And in that wake, I’m trying to get connected with other fellow colleagues and enthusiasts alike to get things heard by all of the caring societies.

Best Regards
Dr.Gebril
asteria

Post by asteria »

If those people are eager to shoot somebody, let them shoot each other! :vangry:

Return to “White Storks”