macdoum

Re: Animals in Art & Literature

Post by macdoum »

Liis wrote: fascinated. What a family!
What do the Irish say to that? (quote)

I don't really know what the Irish say 8-) but This Irishwoman just saw this;
http://www.medievalscotland.org/problem ... raig.shtml
:rolleyes:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
FlackoWeasel

Post by FlackoWeasel »

I made some expressions

hmm, not sure how to animate the beak. A real bird way or cartoon way if they speak

EDIT: Anna and Uku
I hope the colours arent too off. I tried to give Anna a bit beiger/creamer look and dad a white look. Didn't really like the coloured eye edge on the iris so I left it all black. Easier to animate too :D.

Getting the female right was soo hard haha. The eye had to be perfffffffffffect so it would look right :D

Drew Rahu Ref Sheet and turnaround. Atm he is all black because I have no idea atm how should I do the patterns so it's easy to understand them. I also do not want the pattern to be too complicated, because it would be very hard to animate.

High res of Rahu Ref sheet:
https://www.upload.ee/image/5922174/rahu360.png

3 Eaglets seperate (Feel free to edit them like if they have some pattern, you can use these to colour and then I can edit those images with correct pattern)

High res of 3 eaglets: (Edited this one so Taibu is the biggest)
https://www.upload.ee/image/5922183/taibufixed.png

Did them as JPG so they load faster.

Oh Wow IT DOES WORK! Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! You can click on that tiny black triangle to go through pages. It is in a sketch way :D.

Biker

Post by Biker »

Super made :thumbs: one is looking forward to a continuation with the 3 youngsters ( :unsure: :blush: )
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
FlackoWeasel

Post by FlackoWeasel »

I also gonna check this video for the cam highlights (Done by Tuomokoo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q02Xuo_IzsE

As there is those important stuff, maybe I can use these to make a story better <3.

Biker, who is looking forward to contribution :O?
tara

Post by tara »

I would like to own this painting.

FlackoWeasel

Post by FlackoWeasel »

Did some new sketches into this. I know I am not that good at stories, so I put some basic stuff down :D
It's a Flash file so it's interactive

Edit: drew tiny version of nestling
Edit2:

Practised some beaks and perspective
Biker

Post by Biker »

It has become wonderful. :thumbs:
Thank you! especially the part with all three siblings not yet hatched is very nice
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
FlackoWeasel

Post by FlackoWeasel »

I'm trying to figure out how to show that like 1 week is past. As I know animating a full movie would take soooooooooooooo loooooooooong xD, but if I do small animations and in a comic way + sounds, it would be almost like a movie. Like small animations are like background panning, eagle flaps wings. Eyes blink, one scene changes to another etc. I use simple button clicking and stop stuff in actionscript to do it. My programming is 0 xD, these are 2 only things I know how lol. And maybe SFX like ambient music of birds and maybe using friend music who does some dark ambient so I can make dramatic parts.

Other SFX can be eagle sound effects and nature sounds.

I know I'm not that good at story writing, but I do my best to make it look how the birds would think and stuff. I a bit think on Bambi animation so I get sme basic idea how things work, like how growing up and what they do and then birds discover new things etc :D
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

FlackoWeasel wooow :2thumbsup: I love it. it so beautiful! :headroll: :headroll:
visit

Post by visit »

There are some very nice short stories, some with wisdom, some with humour, some..., which I like and collect :) One of these is e.g. this one:
The story of the hummingbird as told by Wangari Maathai to children

We are constantly being bombarded by problems that we face and sometimes we can get completely overwhelmed.
The story of the hummingbird is about this huge forest being consumed by a fire. All the animals in the forest come out and they are transfixed as they watch the forest burning and they feel very overwhelmed, very powerless, except this little hummingbird. It says, ‘I’m going to do something about the fire!’
So it flies to the nearest stream and takes a drop of water. It puts it on the fire, and goes up and down, up and down, up and down, as fast as it can. In the meantime all the other animals, much bigger animals like the elephant with a big trunk that could bring much more water, they are standing there helpless.

And they are saying to the hummingbird, ‘What do you think you can do? You are too little. This fire is too big. Your wings are too little and your beak is so small that you can only bring a small drop of water at a time.’
But as they continue to discourage it, it turns to them without wasting any time and it tells them ‘I am doing the best I can.’

And that to me is what all of us should do. We should always be like a hummingbird. I may be insignificant, but I certainly don't want to be like the animals watching the planet goes down the drain. I will be a hummingbird, I will do the best I can.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Do you know the English nursery rhyme "One for sorrow"? It's about magpies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_for_S ... ery_rhyme)
Quote:"According to an old superstition, the number of magpies seen tells if one will have bad or good luck. "
Apart from the magical attributions, there is also some valid :mrgreen: information about the black and white birds, such as "she can mob the hawk" ...

The group "The Unthanks" sing it beautifully, and here's a YT-clip with text.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fPbWEa1cyg
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Department of Conservation

:mrgreen:

Department of Conservation

This story of the curious seal that found a cat flap and made itself at home in this Tauranga house has gone around the world! 🦭
Luckily this story had a good ending with one of our rangers showing up to save the day. 🚨
As seal numbers increase they are popping up in some unusual places. If you see a seal on the beach or in a coastal area they are probably just having a rest, rather than being sick or injured. Please give them plenty of space (20 metres) and keep dogs away.
If you see a seal in immediate danger, being harassed or tangled in debris you can call 0800 DOCHOT.

https://www.facebook.com/40874752949100 ... l/?app=fbl

Return to “Stories and News”