Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2019

Birdfriend

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2019

Post by Birdfriend »

Thanks all for reporting and pics, video about the ringing :wave: :thumbs: Thank you Urmas :wave:

Still some pics about the little brave hero.

The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

19:18
Iiris again at home, this time also chicks wake up :loveshower: Iiris offers her fish tail to feed, I think UM (Smallie?) is first in the queue
Kitarr

Post by Kitarr »

19:18 Iiris back on the nest, picks up the fish and starts feeding. Ivo almost landed on the the nest with a fish a few seconds later but flew into the dead tree instead.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

When the names become actual and if UM is Smallie and male, I suggest that he will be called Urmas :mrgreen:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

19:28
Also UP joins the feeding queue

19:34
Iiris flew to the dead tree
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Owlie wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:27 pm When the names become actual and if UM is Smallie and male, I suggest that he will be called Urmas :mrgreen:
I would agree... :nod: :laugh:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

I also agree, Owlie. :laugh:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

19:46
Again: corvids, the chicks lay down, I think I hear both ravens and crows ... neither of those species should threaten osprets in this age, only their possible fish on the nest?

19:53
Iiris in with empty claws, calling Ivo, who flew over the nest, also with empty claws, but taking action according to the message?

Post by guest »

UM - Urmas - :2thumbsup:
Poliff

Post by Poliff »

Owlie wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:47 pm 19:46
Again: corvids, the chicks lay down, I think I hear both ravens and crows ... neither of those species should threaten osprets in this age, only their possible fish on the nest?

19:53
Iiris in with empty claws
Not crows...this is a Missel Thrush.
This bird can copy the voices of many other birds. But her voice is different.
Smile, you're being filmed by a hidden camera!
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Poliff wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:59 pm Not crows...this is a Missel Thrush.
This bird can copy the voices of many other birds. But her voice is different.
Maybe you are right. But crows have been troublemaker neighbors in this nest all the years I have followed the cam, since Ilmar's time. Mostly though in the beginning of the season, during the incubation.
Summi

Post by Summi »

20:04 Ivo brought fish tail.
Everyone is hungry and Iiris feeds hastily.
Kitarr

Post by Kitarr »

20:04 Ivo delivers half a fish and Iiris starts feeding :2thumbsup:
Bea

Post by Bea »

guest wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:57 pm UM - Urmas - :2thumbsup:
:D
Oh, it is not the first time in the long history of Looduskalender forum that an idea like this pops up --- but we know that he is less than thrilled from this idea and we respect it.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Bea wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:14 pm :D
Oh, it is not the first time in the long history of Looduskalender forum that an idea like this pops up --- but we know that he is less than thrilled from this idea and we respect it.
You mean his name is a tabu? How could it hurt him, we all appreciate his work!?

We had a Joosep according to a ringer - he didn't complain about it. Why is Urmas so sensitive - as far as I know we at LK Forums have had to do with two different Urmases from Kotkamen ...
wakeman

Post by wakeman »

Outstanding Work Urmas! :loveshower: :headroll: I'm so happy to see the chicks :chick: growing up healthier and stronger! I'm honored to be part of this forum. I'm a newbie learning from all of you. :gathering: Thank you and much love to all
Bea

Post by Bea »

Owlie wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:25 pm You mean his name is a tabu? How could it hurt him, we all appreciate his work!?
I understand the reason for the suggestion, we all appreciate his work :thumbs: but all I can say is that he never was fond of the idea and in all the years of naming birds in the forum we accepted this.
Håkan

Post by Håkan »

Owlie wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:25 pm You mean his name is a tabu? How could it hurt him, we all appreciate his work!?

We had a Joosep according to a ringer - he didn't complain about it. Why is Urmas so sensitive - as far as I know we at LK Forums have had to do with two different Urmases from Kotkamen ...
If Urmas doesn't want to, he doesn't, and he doesn't have to tell us why!
It's easy to respect, we just give the bird another name.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Bea wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm I understand the reason for the suggestion, we all appreciate his work :thumbs: but all I can say is that he never was fond of the idea and in all the years of naming birds in the forum we accepted this.
If naming is indifferent to him, so why the resistance just for that name? So the naming is our, Forum members' thing, isn't it?
Bea

Post by Bea »

Owlie wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:39 pm If naming is indifferent to him, so why the resistance just for that name?
I never questioned deeper reasons, but simply accepted it.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”