Estonian Black Storks Migration 2022-2023 from Birdmap

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Estonian Black Storks Migration 2021 from Birdmap

Post by Solo »

new black stork on the birdmap Katrin from Latvia

more here https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 14#p830914 (she isn't Estonian BS)
asteria

Post by asteria »

bokkers wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:51 am Good to see Julge kicking butt! Thanks to everyone posting updates and photos. Great to see Julge enjoying France. Very understandable. :)
Yes, the frogs must be sooo fat there! :mrgreen:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:

21.09 Birdmap update by TIMMU - 5890 km (+2215 km in 6 days), he is in Eritrea and sent data near villages Bitama and Sebderat :loveshower:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hellem wrote: September 21st, 2021, 9:46 pm 21.09 Birdmap update by TIMMU - 5890 km (+2215 km in 6 days), he is in Eritrea and sent data near villages Bitama and Sebderat :loveshower:
Hellem, thx :D :wave:
Solo wrote: September 19th, 2021, 5:31 pm ...
TIMMU (https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 75#p830175 and next by balistar)
- previous data: 13.09.2021 distance 3237 km (+319 km), he flew to the SE direction and sent data near Sorgun in Turkey (by Hellem)
- new data: 15.09.2021 - distance 3675 km (+438 km), sent data from his overnight place near Kfar Selouan, Lebanon (by Hellem)
finger crossed very, very much

btw. the first year of observing Timmu's migration (previous season) we had no news for 8 days until Timmu flew to Ethiopia, where he spent the winter
last data: 24.09.2020; south from Karameh Dam, Shuna al-Janubiyya Department, Balqa Governorate, Jordan (north of the Dead Sea) - new data: 02.10.2020; north east from Metemma - a town in northwestern Ethiopia, located in the Semien Gondar Zone of the Amhara Region (plus 2316 km)
this year it is better :headroll:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Estonian Black Storks Migration 2021 from Birdmap
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/

OVERVIEW

JULGE (https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 09#p830909)
previous data: 20.09.2021 (evening), distance 2616 km (+ 32 km), Saint-Hilaire-le-Petit - commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France
new data: 21.09.2021 (evening), distance 2655 km (+ 39 km), Chamery- commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France

NURME
- previous data: 19.09.2021 - 2408 km (+5 km), stopover place near Mukhivtsi in Ukraine (by Hellem)
- new data: 20.09.2021 - 2416 km (+ 8 km), stopover place near Mukhivtsi in Ukraine (by Hellem)

EEDI (https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 95#p830895)
- previous data: 17.09.2021, distance 3125 km (+ 382 km), east from Kaşlıca, Yakapınar, Yüreğir district, Adana province, Turkey
- new data: 20.09.2021, distance 4220 km (+ 1095 km/in 3 day), location is in the mountains north from Duba - a small city on the northern Red Sea coast, of Saudi Arabia (in Tabuk Province)

TIMMU
- previous data: 15.09.2021 - distance 3675 km (+438 km), sent data from his overnight place near Kfar Selouan, Lebanon (by Hellem)
- new data: 21.09.2021 - distance 5890 km (+2215 km in 6 days), he is in Eritrea and sent data near villages Bitama and Sebderat

Karl II, Udu and Pikne - see the Following Karls' Families thread
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

Solo :hi: 21.09 Birdmap update by Nurme - 2424 km (+8 km), stopover area, sent data near Mukhvitsi and Sholud'ky in Ukraine

21.09 Also new updates by Karl II, Pikne and Udu
martak

Post by martak »

Jo UK wrote: September 21st, 2021, 7:32 pm When we started the style of Yesterday maps, Anne said "Let's see how it works out".
Listening to the jungle drums, it maybe that that this change was not popular. Please post here what your opinion is. If we don't know your wishes we cannot respond to them!

Also, I think Anne will be away for a while, a few days or so.
Dear Jo, dear all,
I have just registrated into this forum to express my opinion. I used to be silent observer and admirer of storks (most of the nests of white storks in The Czech Republic) and recently of black storks - Jan&Janika nest in Estonia and their dear "child" Julge on its adveturous way of life.
What I want say - you all deserve an admiration for work you do and I thank you for that. I feel happy by having the possibility of learning news of the storks' lifes through web cams and now through data sent by transmitters. And I am possitive this is what most of the people here feel as well. I understand the concerns you have about safety of the birds when people put here or on facebook the bird's current location. BUT I still hope and believe that there is no one who would use this information with bad intentions - to disturb or harm the animal. The birds are in constant movements while migrating and they can fly away when a danger comes close to them. I personally dont believe that there will be somebody from civilised world who would sit in car and drive for hours to bird's location with bad intention.
So I would like you all to calm emotions down, trust in each other and most of all trust the nature.
I like the sense of humor of Sova and others, I like the 3D videos from Lukas, I like precise information from Solo and I like the forum as it is.
I am sorry for my long message but I felt I would like to say "hi to all of you" and post opinion because it has been asked.
Please keep fingers crossed to all birds (and one VIP Julge) we are following on their journey.
Have a nice days!
Marta
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hello Martak.
You are very welcome here and thank you for giving us your thoughts.
I hope you will stay on the forum for a long time to come!
We will take note of any opinions expressed ny members. Whatever the majority thinks is right will be given proper consideration. I hope that Martak will not be the only one to post her thoughts here.

As previously posted, if you don't tell us, we don't know. If you don't want to make a publilc post please send a PM.
balistar

Post by balistar »

This evening is an evening with good news.

I'm relieved to see JULGE moved on and we recieved the good news about EEDI and finally also about TIMMU.
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Jo UK wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:18 am Hello Martak.
You are very welcome here and thank you for giving us your thoughts.
I hope you will stay on the forum for a long time to come!
We will take note of any opinions expressed ny members. Whatever the majority thinks is right will be given proper consideration. I hope that Martak will not be the only one to post her thoughts here.

As previously posted, if you don't tell us, we don't know. If you don't want to make a publilc post please send a PM.
Hi all
For me it seems preferable to know where the birds are.
In France and in Belgium as well as in Spain and Portugal there are also BS. And at least in Portugal people know where they are (including the nests) and there are no problems. Including there is some protection of local populations and interested people.

For example, the fact that we knew where Julge was, made Lusciniole go there and give tranquilizing information.
And it will be easier to know if something worrying happens and to inform key people where it goes. But for that I belive that Urmas and Kotaklub are following closely what is going on? Maybe inform people from Birdlife in France?

Finally, Julge is doing a quite crazy tour. I thought that it would follow the cranes (Lac du Der is an important stop and is not far where Julge was but south) but it seems not because it is going west. And towards Paris... :slap:
Be Natural
Solo

Post by Solo »

September 22
Hello everyone :hi:

birdmap update:
JULGE - Distance: 2656 km, Last data: 22.09.2021
Solo

Post by Solo »

JULGE http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/
last update: 21.09 evening https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 09#p830909

previous data:
21.09.2021 (evening), distance 2655 km (+ 39 km)
Chamery- commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France

new data:
22.09.2021 (morning), distance 2656 km (+ 1 km)
Chamery- commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France

info about the Parc naturel régional de la Montagne de Reims: https://parc-montagnedereims.fr/ or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montagne_ ... tural_Park

we see on this pic Julge's localisation
http://www.ectm.fr/photos/36623974/g/3662397430876.jpg

edit: Julge visited again some area with water management, some settling tanks.
edit2: Lusciniole wrote maybe it is fish farm (Ferme aquacole - something like this https://i.postimg.cc/m2dDP7pH/108164478 ... 8766-n.jpg)
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Good morning!

It seems that Julge found a very good place to stay. His route since yesterday evening 701 m
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Lusciniole

Post by Lusciniole »

Hello everyone! :wave:
It seems s/he found a fish farm or water treatment plant, I'll go see later. In her/his flight, I saw that s/he avoided all the high points and bypassed the city of Reims. There are frequent flights of cranes here going to Lac du Der. She can still be inspired by their passages and go there too.
This morning it's sunny.
I give you the weather forecast for the whole country. We are in the north-east of France. You will tell me if it is too long or not interesting:

The weather situation is improving. The precipitation disappears and the low clouds which remain, in particular between the Pyrenees and the regions of the North-East, are linked to the residual humidity left by the cold drops of recent days.

+ On Wednesday and Thursday, the air mass will dry up, because France will be located in a very privileged area, protected by an extension (dorsal) of the Azores high (sun almost everywhere ...).
+ Then the high pressures will tend to withdraw, allowing the oceanic air to infiltrate from the north-west of France (clouds, but little or no rain) and especially to a small Mediterranean depression to generate a stormy degradation in the Southeast.
+ Be careful because these two degradations (in the North-West and in the South-East) are very poorly modeled by the different scenarios and it is for the moment impossible to know what their magnitude will be (especially with regard to showers and thunderstorms Southeast).

Have a good day!
Solo

Post by Solo »

Lusciniole wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:55 am... It seems s/he found a fish farm, I'll go see later. ...
:hi: Lusciniole,
I am very curious. Thank you in advance.
:wave:
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Good morning!

We have a nice morning reading here and friendly new forum members! :hi:
Great that we have "our own person" Lusciniole :wave: in the area.

I very much hope that Julge has found enough food and s/he has enough strength to fly on.

Edit:
Lusciniole! Our young storks have survived very bad weather with lots of heavy rain and thunder.
They are hardened to tough conditions!
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Lusciniole wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:55 am There are frequent flights of cranes here going to Lac du Der. She can still be inspired by their passages and go there too.
Hello all :wave:
I'm hoping that too... and to follow them to Spain and find other BS going to Gibraltar
Be Natural
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

martak wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:10 am Dear Jo, dear all,
I have just registrated into this forum to express my opinion. I used to be silent observer and admirer of storks (most of the nests of white storks in The Czech Republic) and recently of black storks - Jan&Janika nest in Estonia and their dear "child" Julge on its adveturous way of life.
What I want say - you all deserve an admiration for work you do and I thank you for that. I feel happy by having the possibility of learning news of the storks' lifes through web cams and now through data sent by transmitters. And I am possitive this is what most of the people here feel as well. I understand the concerns you have about safety of the birds when people put here or on facebook the bird's current location. BUT I still hope and believe that there is no one who would use this information with bad intentions - to disturb or harm the animal. The birds are in constant movements while migrating and they can fly away when a danger comes close to them. I personally dont believe that there will be somebody from civilised world who would sit in car and drive for hours to bird's location with bad intention.
So I would like you all to calm emotions down, trust in each other and most of all trust the nature.
I like the sense of humor of Sova and others, I like the 3D videos from Lukas, I like precise information from Solo and I like the forum as it is.
I am sorry for my long message but I felt I would like to say "hi to all of you" and post opinion because it has been asked.
Please keep fingers crossed to all birds (and one VIP Julge) we are following on their journey.
Have a nice days!
Marta
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

bigfan wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 2:18 pm I would sign every word. I think those who want to injure animals usually don't have any idea that there is such a great forum as yours. Thank you all. Sim :wave:
. :wave:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Hello, everyone!
Lusciniole wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:55 am Hello everyone! :wave:
It seems s/he found a fish farm or water treatment plant, …
Hello, Lusciniole :hi:

Thank you very much.

Probably it is a water treatment facility. :nod:

I found information about the water purification system in Chamery (among other locations).
(In French)

https://eau.grandreims.fr/visite-de-la- ... ation.html

(Translated)
OTHER PURIFICATION PROCESSES

The lagooning systems in Urban environments (installed in Chamery)

Lagooning

Lagooning is a water treatment system that uses the natural mechanisms of the environment where water is purified by various micro-organisms. This method is mainly used for semi-collective sanitation (more than 20 inhabitant-equivalent).

Natural treatment is based on the presence of aerobic bacteria and algae. The oxygen necessary for bacterial respiration is produced by plants in the presence of light.

The water passes through three successive reservoirs approximately one metre deep. (oxidation ponds)

On arrival in the first ‘pond’, where bacteria proliferate, the organic part of the wastewater is decomposed to produce nutrients. These bacteria consume oxygen and produce CO2. The heavy particles settle in this first tank and accumulate as sludge at the bottom of the tank (after 10 years, this sludge can be spread on agricultural land).

On arrival in the second tank, the wastewater is exposed to nutrient salts, sunlight and CO2. Phytoplankton develops and produces oxygen here. Pathogenic bacteria are eliminated.

Zooplankton develop in the third pond. It feeds on the phytoplankton produced in the second tank and on bacteria. It consumes oxygen. Water clarification can be achieved by the presence/growth of small crustaceans.

Edit:
Phytoplanktons are plants while zooplanktons are animals (microscopic aquatic creatures), this is the main difference between them. While phytoplanktons are a source of primary producers in the aquatic food chains, zooplanktons are consumers, it eats phytoplanktons.

Microscopic crustaceans are characterized by a rigid shell structure. They are multicellular animals that are strict aerobes, and as primary producers they feed on bacteria and algae. They are important as a source of food for fish. Additionally, microscopic crustaceans have been used to clarify algae-laden effluents from oxidation ponds. Cyclops and Daphnia are two microscopic crustaceans of interest to water and wastewater operators.

Have a nice day, everyone!
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Return to “Migration Maps and News”