Post by Jo UK »

KATRIN

Tracker Map
October 4, 2021.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:

04.10 Birdmap update by KATRIN - 2062 km (+0 km), stopover place, sent data from the forest near Berheci in Romania

Jo :wave: , thank you for the tracker map
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Lusciniole wrote: October 1st, 2021, 2:04 pm :wave:
Until the Emitter stopped transmitting, Julge's follow-up was exciting. It was only possible through the work of all of you on LK. It's normal that ornithologists / bird lovers / observers ... take turns in the countries crossed. Richard is also very involved since he knows. Everyone where they are involved in protecting nature. It's vital!
Hi all
I've just found this newspaper article (it's in french but maybe google translater will do the job?).
https://www.lunion.fr/id299471/article/ ... WTkK55nCl4
Thanks Lusciniole and Richard
Be Natural
martak

Post by martak »

garina do mar wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:06 pm Hi all
I've just found this newspaper article (it's in french but maybe google translater will do the job?).
Thanks Lusciniole and Richard
Thank you all for your enormous effort in trying to find Julge! You are simply great! :thumbs: It is very emotional issue and I hope for good and happy ending. :chick: :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

garina do mar wrote: October 5th, 2021, 1:06 pm ..
thank you! :thumbs:

GT:
English Version: Julge disappeared from radar on September 25. The Argos transmitter of this young black stork, who left Estonia for an epic migration, stopped broadcasting that day in Louâtre, in the Soissonnais region. Julge (pronounced Youlga, which means "the brave" in her native country) is she still alive?
This is the question posed by the League for the Protection of Birds (LPO) in the Aisne. Richard Kasprzyk, the association's departmental delegate, calls for witnesses and invites anyone who has seen this rare bird to contact him.
On the day of its disappearance, dressed in its remarkable black plumage, this stork, smaller than its white cousin, wore two rings, one of which was white numbered 7181 and, on its back like a small satchel, its Argos transmitter. Did the latter simply break down? Could it be a transmission problem? The volunteer ornithologist hopes so, but "Estonians say it is a very reliable device."

On the red list of vulnerable species:
Scientists have been following the bird since its birth on June 14, near the Baltic Sea. This young male is the last survivor of a nest of four, a rare species, classified on the Red List of vulnerable animal species. They are only between 24,000 and 44,000 individuals in the world (4 or 5 pairs nest in the large private forests of Thiérache).
A webcam located near the nest, installed in a large birch, even allowed enthusiasts to follow the growth of the four chicks of this late brood. One died in the nest. Two more chicks ended up on the ground as they attempted their first flap of wings: they fell prey to predators.
For her 70 days, Julge the survivor was equipped with her Argos transsmitter, on her back. Richard Kasprzyk underlines: “This allows hundreds of enthusiasts from all over the world to track this bird on a map and to better understand its life as a stork and some secrets of its migration. And what secrets! So many adventures for this juvenile until her stopover in Aisne, on the edge of the Retz forest!
Lusciniole

Post by Lusciniole »

Hi bird's friends!
To give you more details, I wrote a text last week that I forwarded to Richard (LPO Aisne) because he has contact with the local newspaper. I'd given the link to Looduskalender and put a picture of Julge taken by Madlaa. The journalist did her own research, found it in the forums and rewrote an article with all the elements, according to her point of view.
I think the article is good even if there are some errors; I hope you too. I just regret that she does not mention Looduskalender and the authors of the photo and videos ... Richard will ask her to add these details on the digital version.
What is underlined in red in the article are internet links, one of which is birdmap.
If we have any reliable news, I'll put it here.
Good evening to all!
Ildikó

Post by Ildikó »

I've find some information the latest place Julge:
Forêt de Retz
The N2 takes you to the French National Forest, about 10 minutes from the Soissons.
This 130-square-foot forest area is impressive because it has barely been touched since the 1670s.
This is a moment when most of France was covered with forest and at the beginning of the 16th century it was a favorite hunting ground of King I. I. So if you want to break the untouched nature, do the trick for the ancient beech and coniferous forests.
The tourist office provides you with more than 28 walking routes, including one to the Cave du Diable, a cellar built in the 1600s.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Hello everyone! :wave:

garina do mar :thumbs:
Ildikó wrote: October 5th, 2021, 6:43 pm
Welcome to the forum, Ildikó :hi:
Lusciniole wrote: October 5th, 2021, 6:34 pm
Lusciniole and Richard, a very big thanks to both of you! :thumbs:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
sova

Post by sova »

Good evening everybody

Lusciniole und Richard ...Thanks alot... :2thumbsup:
garina do mar ...thank you for sharing
Ildikó....hello and welcome
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

Thank you all, everything is interesting, but where is Julge?
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

05.10 Birdmap update:

NURME - 5569 km (+690 km in 2 days), travelling, sent data near Safaga in Egypt :D

KATRIN - 2086 km (+24 km), stopover, sent data from the forest near Berheci in Romania
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

6. October

KATRIN

Tracker map 05.10

Total route 34.8 km

Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

:wave:
Hellem wrote: October 5th, 2021, 11:09 pm 05.10 Birdmap update:

NURME - 5569 km (+690 km in 2 days), travelling, sent data near Safaga in Egypt :D

KATRIN - 2086 km (+24 km), stopover, sent data from the forest near Berheci in Romania
Thank you, Hellem. :hi:

Nurme:

Katrin:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Hello! :hi:
Thank you all for the information and updates!

I am very happy for Katrin. She has been able to fly far and has certainly found food for herself.

Of course, there is a concern for Julge... but I just hope so:
s/he threw away the broken backpack and enjoys a great life somewhere further away with other Black Storks!
asteria

Post by asteria »

:hi: to all!
It is not that easy to get rid of the broken transmitter. Piret flew with it and Ilmar was specially caught by people to remove non-working backpack from his back.
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

[quote=asteria post_id=832320

Julge has done amazing things already. With his affection for the people, he must have asked the local fisherman to take off his backpack and discard it discreetly. I want to see it that way :rolleyes:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Good evening!
There is still nothing about Julge. Let´s hope for the best.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

06.10 Birdmap update by EEDI - 5392 km (+82 km in 2 days), he flew to the SE direction and sent data from Wadi Al Aqiq in Saudi Arabia
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

KATRIN

Tracker Map
October 6, 2021

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

06.10 Birdmap update:

NURME - 5889 km (+320 km), travelling, sent data near Aswan High Dam on Nile, Egypt :D

KATRIN - 2093 km (+7 km), stopover, sent data from the forest near Berheci in Romania

Jo, Anne :wave: , thank you :thumbs:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”