Tõnn's Travels

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
chrisitz

Re: Tõnn's Travels

Post by chrisitz »

Mehdi! thank you so much for this wonderful pictures of tönns arrival.
:loveshower:
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Mehdi, thank you so much for these really beautiful pictures of Tönn. You are lucky to have him around. That is much more than we others can say :whistling: It is great to see that he has fans everywhere he goes :loveshower:
Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

Hello Everybody! :loveshower:
Today I gone back to el Hondo to observe again Tõnn and I had the good surprise to find him on the tree just when I arrived at 9:00am. I had the chance to observe him a certain time, all the morning he was disturbed by three Western Marsh Harrier, here are some pictures.
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

chrisitz wrote: November 27th, 2019, 10:03 am Mehdi! thank you so much for this wonderful pictures of tönns arrival.
:loveshower:
Hi Chrisitz!
You're welcome and thanks you for your message :D
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

aquiline wrote: November 27th, 2019, 2:25 pm Mehdi, thank you so much for these really beautiful pictures of Tönn. You are lucky to have him around. That is much more than we others can say :whistling: It is great to see that he has fans everywhere he goes :loveshower:
Hello Aquiline!
You're welcome ! yes you're right, I feel lucky to live near El Hondo :D
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

WOW, our Tõnn again :D , thank you, Mehdi :wave: , for the great pictures :2thumbsup:
Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

Hellem wrote: November 28th, 2019, 12:04 am WOW, our Tõnn again :D , thank you, Mehdi :wave: , for the great pictures :2thumbsup:
You're welcome Hellem, it's with great pleasure :thumbs:
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

Hello to all! :hi:

Mehdi :wave: , thanks for the wonderful shots! In your first photos (November 25th), Tõnn was also chased by Western Marsh Harrier? :puzzled:
:wave:

pica

Post by pica »

:hi: all

thanks again mehdi it is always great to see tönn! cool pictures :thumbs:

one question: do you call him up, prior to leave for el hondo to fix an appointment :mrgreen: or is he simply waiting for you in a certain place?

enjoying very much your talent as photographer :2thumbsup: would you not love to share your observations f.i. on ebird.org and put also your photos in the affiliate database?

Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

Tatyana wrote: November 28th, 2019, 1:38 pm Hello to all! :hi:

Mehdi :wave: , thanks for the wonderful shots! In your first photos (November 25th), Tõnn was also chased by Western Marsh Harrier?

Thank you very much :wave: . Yes Tatyana, there is a thugs group :laugh: of three Western Marsh Harrier who hunt all the time in this area and since Tõnn arrived they don’t stop bother him. It's surprising because last year I didn't observe that. Perhaps because he arrived later this year in El Hondo.
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

pica wrote: November 28th, 2019, 2:59 pm :hi: all

thanks again mehdi it is always great to see tönn! cool pictures

one question: do you call him up, prior to leave for el hondo to fix an appointment :mrgreen: or is he simply waiting for you in a certain place?

enjoying very much your talent as photographer would you not love to share your observations f.i. on ebird.org and put also your photos in the affiliate database?

Thank you very much Pica for these compliments :blush: . We operate by telepathy, do not be jealous, he loves me very much :laugh:. It's a joke... I'm really lucky and patient, I know more or less his habits and his sectors (which are not always accessible). It is not always easy. I must be very discreet to not disturb him and to not catch the attention of some photographers who want take pictures to the detriment of the tranquility of birds. Thanks for the ebird.org site I would see how it works when I have a little time. :hi:
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

Mehdi, thank you very much! :wave:
Did you notice if the Tõnn hunt was successful? Three competitors - this is a problem! Will they push Tõnn off his hunting grounds? :puzzled:

Mehdi

Post by Mehdi »

Tatyana wrote: November 28th, 2019, 5:52 pm Hello to all! :hi:

Mehdi, thank you very much! :wave:
Did you notice if the Tõnn hunt was successful? Three competitors - this is a problem! Will they push Tõnn off his hunting grounds? :puzzled:

Hello !!! his hunting area is very large and varied I do not think they can push hem off. In the photos of the 24th, he seems to have something in his stomach (pictures where he is perched on the tree). I continue to observe it and I will bring you to the heart.
Mehdi KHEMICI
Photographer
pica

Post by pica »

Mehdi wrote: November 28th, 2019, 5:05 pm We operate by telepathy, do not be jealous, he loves me very much :laugh:
telepathy sounds very good :mrgreen: thank you for your patience in observing and sharing that with us. wish you all success possible :2thumbsup:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:
28.11 birdmap - 3974 km (+12 km in 3 days), Tõnn is restfully spending his holidays in El Hondo :D

30.11 birdmap - 3987 (+13 km in 2 days), Tõnn in El Hondo
sova

Post by sova »

Hellem wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:08 pm :hi:
28.11 birdmap - 3974 km (+12 km in 3 days), Tõnn is restfully spending his holidays in El Hondo :D

30.11 birdmap - 3987 (+13 km in 2 days), Tõnn in El Hondo
Tönn's house - Tönn's tree :D

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

EL HONDO - A Birding Paradise :2thumbsup:
Short documentary about El Hondo Natural Park
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5zQJVu7HE
Retari

Post by Retari »

Many thanks MEHDI, great pictures!!! :loveshower:
Mehdi wrote: November 25th, 2019, 1:40 pm Hello Everybody,
I'm new in the Forum but I'm following Tõnn from 2017. I was there to welcome him in 2017 and 2018 at his fist day arrival and I had the chance to some pictures of him. This year again, I was there yesterday to welcome him, it was a windy day but again I had the chance to take some pictures at his first day arrival :loveshower:, I'm happy to share them with all. Enjoy! :D
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

Hellem :wave: , thanks for the reports and for the link! A great place, Tõnn chose it for a winter vacation for good reason! :thumbs:
sova

Post by sova »

Hellem wrote: December 1st, 2019, 12:22 am ...
Hellem, thanks for the link .... beautiful

Return to “Migration Maps and News”