Migration Map

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Migration Map

Post by Solo »

balistar wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:15 pm:wave: Thank you, chrisitz, but I was only a temporary help. Solo and Bea can do that much better than I ever could.
:hi: Balistar, you do that also very good :thumbs: (on the weekend I am away, you have chance :mrgreen: - thanx for update here :help: )
Solo

Post by Solo »

pica wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:17 pmthank you solo :wave: the young lady is WOW and really incredible. nearly in spain, bravo! on sunday on ornitho in france, they observed more than 20 ospreys in france, mainly in the gulf of lion. unfortunately we do not know, where they came from... and where they go to. have a break solo :D
Pica, you're welcome
thanx for this info :thumbs:
don't worry, I have breaks :mrgreen: (e.g. I spent last long weekend with my grandchildren abroad and this weekend I will be on a tourist trip)
:wave:
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

viewtopic.php?p=693120#p693120

How interesting, birdmap shows me in English version and satellite view still "Tyra" as name of the river :?:

But I think to remember that I already read Dnister in an other map view, hmmmm ... :puzzled:

Some bug or software there should quickly update itself to show an up-to-date name :laugh:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Solo

Post by Solo »

Bea wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:41 pm...
:hi: Bea,
who know :puzzled:

birdmap view by me :mrgreen: (I was confused with the "Tyra" river name - viewtopic.php?p=693120#p693120)

pica

Post by pica »

Solo wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:29 pm don't worry, I have breaks :mrgreen: (e.g. I spent last long weekend with my grandchildren abroad and this weekend I will be on a tourist trip)
solo :wave: you do that best. hope, family is very well. grannies are highly welcome, especially for the kiddies (grannies always have nice ideas and a lot of interesting stories to tell ). and i already wish you fantastic weather and best places to be next weekend!

have a look at ebird, this reminds the goldfishs at Ivo‘s and especially at Iiris‘ nest:

https://ebird.org/spain/view/checklist/S59503857

a great picture also from june 2019: osprey together with WS

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57373449

enjoy!
pica

Post by pica »

Bea wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:41 pm How interesting, birdmap shows me in English version and satellite view still "Tyra" as name of the river :?:
But I think to remember that I already read Dnister in an other map view, hmmmm ...
Some bug or software there should quickly update itself to show an up-to-date name
bea, solo :wave:

such things are very intresting and a little funny in the mean time. i tried to find out. unfortunately the atlasses i owe do not show much rivers by name.
on birdmap i found the beginning of tyra between shumyach and wowtsche. and it ends in the lower dniester national park after the village majaky. (english version of birdmap.)
in estonian it is ending at the same place, but called AHICmep on basis map, but tyra on satellit version. same in the german version. equal in russian and latvian.
on the german map of ebird it is called tyra... and ends at the same place with this name. but in english it is called dnister river. it starts at the same place between shum‘yach and vovche.
wiki en and fr dit only mention a place Tyra (Třinec), a village near Třinec, Czech Republic.
in wiki (german) they write, that it starts between shumyach and vovche the north of Kalužný (993 m). it flows through Oldřichovice, Závist and Kanada and ends in river Olsa in front of Třinec, a steel industry...

you see, only the old documents printed for ever know the trouth :mrgreen:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Thank you for your research, pica.

Main thing is, that Markus knows that there is a river with lots of fish on his migration route, good for some days for a pit stop :D

He probably won't mind any name of the river :D
Solo

Post by Solo »

Bea wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm ...Main thing is, that Markus knows that there is a river with lots of fish on his migration route, good for some days for a pit stop :D He probably won't mind any name of the river :D
:2thumbsup: :mrgreen:
pica

Post by pica »

Bea wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm ***
He probably won't mind any name of the river
i'm shure he won't Bea :mrgreen:

but it was an interesting trip through the maps 8-)

thanks for all of your engagement in following the birds :2thumbsup:
Solo

Post by Solo »

pica wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:16 pm ...and i already wish you fantastic weather and best places to be next weekend! have a look at ebird, ...enjoy!
pica,
thanx very much for wish and the links (ebird) - nice :thumbs:
pica wrote: September 12th, 2019, 3:31 pm...such things are very interesting and a little funny in the mean time. i tried to find out. unfortunately the atlases i owe do not show much rivers by name. ...

- thanx for additional info - to me is crucial this wiki info viewtopic.php?p=693120#p693120
- why the maps show different names in other country :puzzled: (birdmap - en - satellite view: by Bea Tyra river, by me Dnister, Dnister also from school :mrgreen: )
pica

Post by pica »

Solo wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:58 pm thanx very much for wish and the links (ebird) - nice
- thanx for additional info - to me is crucial this wiki info
you are very welcome solo. essential is, that Markus is fine over there.

and thank you too for all the information given about migration birds :thumbs:
balistar

Post by balistar »

:hi:

Ospreys - new updates 12.09.19
they have made pace and a lot of track :thumbs:

Vija crossed the Pyrenees and is already in the middle of Spain,
a bit southeast of Madrid, east of Tarancón,
new data: 3179 km

Markus left his pitstop at Dnister(Tyra) river and flew southwards,
he is now in Romania, near Odorhellen, not too far from Brasov,
new data: 1753 km

Kalle also continued his way, he is now in south of Sudan (not South-Sudan), Eastern Darfur, Nyala, not too far from the border to South-Sudan,
new data: 6374 km

Solo

Post by Solo »

September 13

VIJA

that wasn't the right direction :puzzled: - now maybe correction her path to crossing the Gibraltar or ... ?

Balistar, thanx :2thumbsup: :wave: (I am in hurry)
balistar

Post by balistar »

Solo wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:07 pm ...
that wasn't the right direction :puzzled: - now maybe correction her path to crossing the Gibraltar or ... ?
or she considered having a rest at those wetland before crossing ? :puzzled:
however, she seems to be on the right way now :D
she is amazingly flying, maybe we see her tonight in Africa, fingers crossed

(Solo, have a nice weekend :wave: )
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

It seems Vija realised that this way is not the right one. The sense of orientation is so impressive, while we proud humans are needing technical devices and nevertheless are getting lost sometimes :slap:
pica

Post by pica »

Solo wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:07 pm that wasn't the right direction :puzzled: - now maybe correction her path to crossing the Gibraltar or ... ?
i only hope, she isn't in a hurry. the spanish government warned this week until today friday. the winds coming would cost her a lot of energy too. why not have a break in spain?
Solo

Post by Solo »

balistar wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:45 pm...(Solo, have a nice weekend :wave: )
thanx very much :wave:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: September 10th, 2019, 10:11 pm VIJA - Distance: 2213 km, Last data: 10.09.2019 (Mas Bouchy, Dompierre-sur-Veyle, France)...
Thanks to all for updates :2thumbsup:
Solo :wave:

Vija is on the right way :laugh:
If you are interested:
Tweed Valley Osprey Project
https://tweedvalleyospreys.com/2017/07/ ... e-tagging/

I do not know if this information is already here.
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

13. September

Osprey Autumn Migration 2019

With data from yesterday, 12. September, Kalle has reached Southwest of Sudan

He flew 6374 km meanwhile and last position shows him short before crossing Wadi Nyala

Next step will probably show him in already greener areas :headroll:

#Osp_Aut_2019
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

13. September

Osprey Autumn Migration 2019

Our Latvian Lady Vija has left France and crossed Spain and is down in the Southwest of the country now

She is not far from Gibraltar. The strait of Gibraltar is known as a "highway" to West Africa for migrating birds.
The last two days massive rainfalls happend in Southeast of Spain, like in the coastal towns of Valencia, Murcia and Almeria.
Weather forecast said that these rainfalls will move more to the center of Spain the next days.
I suppose that these weather events also affect the area of Gibraltar and maybe is the reason for Vija´s change in her staight route.

She was on the coast (does she like salt water fish?), but decided to head back to the mainland of Spain.

#Osp_Aut_2019

Return to “Migration Maps and News”