Problems with Connections?

Connection Problems
Abigyl

Re: Problems with Connections?

Post by Abigyl »

Felis, Thanks a lot for the explanation and special Thanks those people in Estonia who worked during their weekend to bring back this wonderful and interesting site. :2thumbsup:
debianuser

Post by debianuser »

It appears most(all) video streams have gone offline. Only pontu snapshots are available.
http://pontu.ca/ Pontu video and picture archive viewer with easy date and camera selection. *Generating Snapshots for most cameras that don't normally take snapshots*
*Note that snapshots generated by me are only stored for 3 days due to disk space limitation on the server.*
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

It seems that since yesterday the notifications for replies in topics and PM are currently not working. I have informed the webmaster about the problem and hope he will be able to find a solution as soon as it is possible.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I think the problem of the missing notifications is solved. I am presently getting all the messages which did not get through during the last days.
Thanks to webmaster for the help!
If somebody still has problems, please let us know.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Margossa

Post by Margossa »

More than three hours all the webcams are offline. :cry:
airras

Post by airras »

yes, even not work :bash: :cry:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

airras wrote:yes, even not work :bash: :cry:
:cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It seems there were (or still are) problems with the forum since last evening. We are back, but I just experienced a short "hickup" again! Hope it will be stable from now on!

NB: some cams seem to also have problems, Käsmu is back now, but the two osprey cams are still offline.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Looks like today morning all cams are still offline. I sent a short message to webmaster.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Everything seems up again! Thanks for quick action!

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

I hope, I'm right here. The Red Deer Camera is always loading :puzzled: . All other cameras are working perfect.

Liz01, has the same problem. I see it on her video from 16:58.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Ever since 8 october the iPhone streams to the deer, WTE and seal cams don't work anymore on my iPhone. And of course all the other iphone streams to cams that are still active but not on the main LK site anymore.
Also on the computer the stream for iPad and iPhone does not work (the android stream still works on the computer). The message is: Firefox (or Safari) cannot make a connection with the server on 193.40.133.138.
So it cannot be my iPhone nor the browser.

Is there a seperate server for these Mac streams? Does anyone have an iPhone or iPad and experience the same problem?
I have sent an email to Eenet on Friday but they haven't replied yet. I didn't know I could post it here. :puzzled:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have neither iPhone, nor iPad, so I can't try it out. I sent a mail to our webmaster with the request to have a look into it.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Our webmaster also can't say or do anything right now and also passed the problem on to EEnet. We will have to wait for tomorrow, when the work week starts again.

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you, Felis!
I have neither iPhone, nor iPad, so I can't try it out.
You could check if the links to the iPhone/iPad stream on the LK pages give the same error message on your computer. But I am sure they do.
Sven

Post by Sven »

Same here: none of the .m3u8 streams do work anymore on any of my iOS devices. I tend to think that this related to the latest iOS update (9.0.2.) a couple of days ago.
Not all Intelligence is Artificial
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I haven't updated to 9.0.2 yet so that can't be the problem. If that was it the streams would still work on the mac.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The whole thing has been reported to EEnet and I am sure the people there will know or find out what to do and in case inform us if on the user side things have to be updated or changed.

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you :thumbs:
I'll just wait till they've sorted things out.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Felis Silvestris wrote:I have neither iPhone, nor iPad, so I can't try it out.
Marfo wrote:You could check if the links to the iPhone/iPad stream on the LK pages give the same error message on your computer. But I am sure they do.
Felis, do you get the same error message when you click the iPhone/iPad links on the looduskalender pages?

Return to “Are the Webcams, Looduskalender or the Forum offline?”