Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Petitions and campaigns
Chimega

Re: Petition About Nimetu, from Dr. Madis's topic.

Post by Chimega »

Starting to pick up signatures from Bulgaria, now. Quite a few over the past 30 minutes, all via twitter.

I had, long ago, subscribed to Yoko Ono and Paris Jackson (the real one) and have tweeted specifically to them, and many other raptor groups on twitter. If any of you have twitter accounts, I urge you to tweet the petition text on there.

This is what I just posted. Copy that, including the link as that goes straight to the petition.

Ministry of Environment of Govt of Estonia:Find & prosecute poachers who killed WTSE (eagle), Nimeta http://ow.ly/f9sgP
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I have spoken to the Estonian Embassy in London.
A diplomat for Press and Public affairs advises me that it would be sensible to deliver the petition to the Ministry for the Environment in Tallinn in two forms.
One - a paper document sent by post.
Two - e-mail with the petition attached.

Webmaster will be in touch soon - probably tomorrow.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

What do they mean "email with the petition attached"? That sounds a bit different than sending it from the petition site. :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I think she was guessing about the method most likely to be used. She also talked of "scanning" and sending. Sending from the petition site will work as well. Wait until we hear from webmaster before doing anything - there may be more news to come from Tallinn, yet.
And more signatures. :loveshower:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

When I spoke to the London embassy this morning there were 1061 signatures.
Now there are 1087.
Manu

Post by Manu »

WOW, now 1117 :shock: :loveshower:
A lot of estonian people had sign the petition in the last 30min :thumbs:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

1129 people who care,have signed. :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

MESSAGE FROM WEBMASTER

Urmas will be in local radio morning program (KUKU) tomorrow - http://www.kuku.ee/index.php?pid=16&lan ... roadcast=4
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

1139 signatures now.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

1148 right now and I am off to go back on twitter and re-tweet to all the animal rights groups and people of the sort who may pass this along. :wave:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

1150 ! :mrgreen:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

It's a bit late but I just tweeted The Badger Trust and also Dr. Brian May, the guitarist for Queen who is a huge animal right's activist plus an astronomer.
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Alright, the petition has been sent !

I tried and tried to find a SEND button or key on the petition, itself and I could not find a thing. I did a search of the change.org site and also couldn't find it.

I wound up downloading both the cvs files of the petition plus the file of the comments, then also the signatures, again, in pdf form. I sent all three, each in a separate email, to Minister of the Environment Keit Pentus-Rosimannus at keskkonnaministeerium@envir.ee.

I felt that because I needed to send these, I had to close the petition for the button or link to send to show up so I closed the petition. Apparently, that had nothing to do with it so the petition can actually be reopened.

Anyone want to give an opinion on that? I see no reason why it can't or shouldn't be reopened.

Just let me know!!

Hugs and love to all, Chimega
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Thank you for doing that Chimega. Today at 9.15 am there will be interview with Urmas Sellis on Kuku radio where they talk about Nimeta and about huge attention and protest the death of eagle it has been coursed all over the world.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

That is fantastic, juta!! I wish I could listen to Urmas and understand what he is saying. Maybe the show will be uploaded and someone can listen and translate what he says.

So far so good with the petition being sent. It hasn't bounced so that means it went through from my end. As long as it didn't go into the minister's spam folder, we are good to go!

I did more checking around on the petition site and found where it says "Petition Letter:
This text will be emailed to the decision maker when people sign if you provide their email address above." and that was the address of the minister. So I am not sure what has been happening all along and if she had been emailed the text of the petition over and over, each time someone signed or what. That is the only thing I could find regarding the petition site actually emailing anything. But, when I closed and saved the email address of the minister, it re-opened the petition again so I am just going to leave it that way for now unless everyone wants it permanently closed.
Starling

Post by Starling »

Thank you again for your hard work, Chimega. :hi: It has been touching to see so many people from all over the world who cared about Nimeta.

The petition is sent but the petition is open. - Does this mean the petition can be re-send? :puzzled: For example if a lot of new signatures appear, can you send an updated version of the petition to the ministry again? That sounds good, if it´s so. :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Great that it is on the way! Thanks Chimega for this huge work and to everyone who signed and promoted!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Starling wrote:Thank you again for your hard work, Chimega. :hi: It has been touching to see so many people from all over the world who cared about Nimeta.

The petition is sent but the petition is open. - Does this mean the petition can be re-send? :puzzled: For example if a lot of new signatures appear, can you send an updated version of the petition to the ministry again? That sounds good, if it´s so. :thumbs:
Yes, Starling. It can be resent with additional signatures if need be. There are already 2 more signers since I emailed it. :laugh: :slap: lol
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

Felis silvestris wrote:Great that it is on the way! Thanks Chimega for this huge work and to everyone who signed and promoted!
Absolutely! Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way! :wave: :thumbs:
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

More signatures. I wonder if people are hearing Urmas' broadcast and finding the petition to sign? :whistling: :laugh:

Return to “Petitions - Important Notes for Nature Lovers”