American Bald Eagles.

All eagles except White-tailed and Spotted Eagles
Ajeta

Re: American Bald Eagles.

Post by Ajeta »

Liz, thank you very much for your reply concerning Berry Ma! If both, Pa & Ma, are new then couples attacking couples seems possible, with Bald Eagles at least. Anyway, we shall see what happens with Milda. But so long as possible I will keep hoping that she will not be pushed out of her territory.
Ferenz

Post by Ferenz »

Davenport Arconic, Iowa: Justice has been chased by intruder. So sad no one is incubating...maybe they plan a 2nd clutch

Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Sauces Bald Eagles

Meanwhile the lil one is getting bigger so fast, proud and great parents Audacity and Jak.

The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
balistar

Post by balistar »

Birdfriend wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 10:47 pm Sauces Bald Eagles

Meanwhile the lil one is getting bigger so fast, proud and great parents Audacity and Jak.
:hi: Birdfriend - Happy Easter to you !

Thanks for the pictures. This little one gets spoilt - always a crop to burst :laugh:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Decorah North

pictures of yesterday, April 3rd

also these two are growing nicely, DN13 (on the right) of course a bit more than DN14 8-)

aren't they cute and lovely ? - when they're sleeping :rotf:
no, i'm kidding, they are lovely also when they're awake :laugh:

and also with dirty beaks :laugh:
balistar

Post by balistar »

even when "fighting" with one another
little DN14 doesn't give in quickly, is also starting the squabble every now and then 8-)

DN13 is not biting too hard, but little DN14 knows well when it's better to submit 8-)

no wonder - DN13 is stronger, look at that crop :D
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Eagle Country

*Season #3 Update*

As all of you have been watching and are aware, the events of this season at the nest have been unexpected and surprising! Our previous resident eagles, Victoria & Nicholas, did not return this year (that we can confirm). In their absence, EC has hosted a very successful, if not competitive, Bed & Breakfast at the nest. We don’t know about you, but it has been hard to keep a head count of who has come and gone! Numerous males have vied for the attention of Abigail (Abby), the female that has been fairly consistent, and many aerial challenges have ensued. Also in the line up of visitors have been several beautiful juvenile eagles. We have whimsically speculated that Spur may be coming back with a “have you missed me yet” attitude!

We understand that nature is completely unpredictable and the turn of events this season has reminded us of that very fact. It does not appear that we have an established pair and therefore, will likely not have a nesting season. Because of this, we have determined with the help of our moderators, that we will be closing the season at EC on March 31st.

We want to give a BIG “Thank You” to our moderators who have navigated some tricky waters this season. Also, to all Friends and viewers of EC, thank you all for joining us on the adventure! We couldn’t have seen the turn of events coming, but we are so glad that you all have watched, chatted, commented and supported this season!

Have a great summer and may God bless you all!

Last season Victoria and Nicholas raised Hickory and Mossy.
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

balistar wrote: April 4th, 2021, 11:48 pm :hi: Birdfriend - Happy Easter to you !

Thanks for the pictures. This little one gets spoilt - always a crop to burst :laugh:
Thank you balistar. :thumbs:
Ferenz

Post by Ferenz »

Thanks for the coverage balistar and let's hope for a better outcome next season!
balistar

Post by balistar »

:hi: Ferenz,
thank you, i'm sorry i haven't read it earlier. Lately i'm not too often watching the Bald Eagles, only peek in late in the evenings. Yes, also i wish all who had bad luck this season a good luck for next season - and all the eaglets of this season a successful fledge and later a long happy life.
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Redding Eagles

All three guys growing up nicely til now, Mum is a very good hunter.
On this pic one lies in the shadow from Liberty and the other two in the shadow from Guardian. 8-)
balistar

Post by balistar »

Decorah North

DN 13 and DN 14 are really well fed - great job, Mr North and DNF :2thumbsup:

watch that enormous crop on DN 13 :mrgreen:

DN 14 has a giant crop as well :rotf:
balistar

Post by balistar »

May 13th

DN 13 and DN 14 so big and so brown are we now - our parents are the best :2thumbsup:

we love each other and share brotherly and sisterly :innocent:

after the feeding - the younger has the biggest crop :laugh:

but they both are fed so very well by their parents, no one must stay hungry

EDIT, May 15th:
on May 14th DNF brought at once two hawklets (red-tailed hawk chicks) to the nest, one already dead, one alive.
The dead one she fed to the eaglets DN13 and DN14, the other got even brooded for a short time by Mr. North.
When DNF came back to the nest she was about to kill the baby hawklet, who fighted very brave and quite long for to save his life. DNF injured it, let it lay at the side, one of the eaglets picked at it a few times, then slept on it. Later DNF killed the baby hawklet by feeding it still alive to the eaglets :cry:

It reminded me on the Latvian WTE nest, when Milda killed the hawklet warrior in the nest who also was a big brave fighter till the end.

It's always so very heartbreaking to watch, but i also remember the goshawks who took the black storklets, or the ones who took the osprets last season in Estonia and in Latvia - it's their way of life. They all must feed themselves or their chicks. For us humans it is just hard to watch and to accept.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Decorah Iowa

Mom Decorah and DM2 have built a new nest this season.
They have three eaglets in the new nest :innocent: :2thumbsup:
Ferenz

Post by Ferenz »

Hanover, PA: Ready for first flight ?

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Decorah North -2021-05-18

Still alive hawklet is brought to the nest.The eaglets played with it. Then they started eating it .. first the wing and is was still alive :shock: :cry: .. I admit I couldn't watch. It's hard for me, although it's normal for eagles
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Redding Eagles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVZT7aOcJs

Look at these three guys! :headroll:
Great job Liberty and Guardian. :thumbs:

balistar

Post by balistar »

Decorah North - June 5th

DN 13 and DN 14
Ferenz

Post by Ferenz »

Minnesota, DNR: Morning wingercizings at the nest rim

Ferenz

Post by Ferenz »

MN-DNR eaglet #1 jumped to the right branch...not successfull. Other cautious sibbling tries and stays home. :slap:

Return to “Eagles”