Southwest Florida Eagle Cam

All eagles except White-tailed and Spotted Eagles
asteria

Re: Harriet & M15, American Bald Eagle Cam

Post by asteria »

Is there any antidote for rat poisons and is it possible to use it preventively for eaglets?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

asteria wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:58 am Is there any antidote for rat poisons and is it possible to use it preventively for eaglets?
They treat infected birds with vitamine K. I don't know if it is possible to use it preventively - who should be treated - all the wild birds? :puzzled:
The crucial work is to educate people of the dangers for raptors with using those poisons - to prevent that usage. :rant:
asteria

Post by asteria »

I mean, if in the future any eaglet gets the same symptoms with Hope and E14, is there any chance to retrieve the chick from the nest and save it or there are no such antidotes at all and such eaglets are doomed?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

asteria wrote: March 20th, 2021, 1:51 pm I mean, if in the future any eaglet gets the same symptoms with Hope and E14, is there any chance to retrieve the chick from the nest and save it or there are no such antidotes at all and such eaglets are doomed?
:wave:
When E18 ate the rat some time ago there was discussion on the chat whether CROW would intervene or not if E18 would show symptoms of poisoning and the moderators assumed that CROW would react, if there were time enough to rescue the eaglet. Luckily that rat was clean of poison.

Last year when E14 died there was nothing more to do, when he showed symptoms, it was too late. And I remember have read also that it was out of office time when it was not possible to get permission for intervention.
balistar

Post by balistar »

21st March

7.29 synchronously with each other :innocent:

9.49 again

a close up of E18's tail feathers
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

22nd March

:hi:

M15 has been bathing :mrgreen:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

23rd March

SWFL Eagles ~ E17 Reaching NEW HEIGHTS! Big Wingers, Hops & Hovering Above Nest 8 Weeks Old! 3.22.21 [5'36'']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ggb1tCyoxs
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Some ground takes of Harriet

© Barb Henry Photography

© Barb Henry Photography

A chart of Harriet's offspring's dates
© Tracey Reynolds Pinette
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

E17: "Wake UP!" 3/21/21
© Desiree Deliz
E18: Don't mess around with my nap time! 3/21/21
© Desiree Deliz
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Yin and Yang
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

24th March

A beautiful visitor in the nest tree

E18's reaction on the visitor :rant:

A Beautiful Sub Adult Lands On Outer Attic! 💕 E's Mantle & Squee! 😊 Harriet Flushes It Out! 🦅
VIDEO: 🎥 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5xRWIE598
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Some days ago Harriet brought that thick stick for her offspring - in order for them to train perching before branching - she knows when it is time :laugh:

Some times Harriet keeps her left eye closed for some reason

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

A funny picture of E9 prancing in front of Mr Pritchett's car - he had to wait behind until E9 stepped aside from the street :mrgreen:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137965877 ... 107942220/
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

26th March

LOOK! We have a branchling in 61 (nearly 62) days of age: E17 :loveshower:

First on the Spike

Wingercizing there

Then on the Veranda
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thank you, Owlie :hi:

and congrats, E17 :2thumbsup: :loveshower:

Last night the E's had a "double guard":

Harriet and M were perched on attic very close together the whole night

awwww - watching over their precious miraculous eaglets

Thanks also for the sweet and funny picture of E9, i remember that "encounter" very well. My heart made a little jump remembering E9 walking and prancing - and even been provided with food - there on the drive side road :mrgreen:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi: balistar

Video by Lady Hawk:
SWFL Eagles ~ E17 BRANCHES FIRST TIME To Veranda!! 62 Days Old!! 😊💕 3.26.21
https://youtu.be/OWyeLwEtBc4

E17 goes wild today after getting taste of a new dimension :laugh:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thanks for the vid by LH, Owlie :wave:

i watched it on rewind after you informed us.
E17 was so ready to do it. Very nice, at first she "walked" up to the veranda, the second time she "flew" up to.
Big milestone :2thumbsup:

I bet it will not take long and E18 will follow.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave:

E18 has trained wings bravely, too, today and watched Veranda with that eye, yes, he will come after soon.
I wonder what in earth is that campfire track down under the nest :shock: :puzzled:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Owlie wrote: March 26th, 2021, 10:02 pm ...
I wonder what in earth is that campfire track down under the nest :shock: :puzzled:
I thought of that, too, it's a bit strange. The only thing i can think of, it might be something for the horses, brought in from a campfire which took place somewhere else. I can't imagine, that someone of the Pritchett's would light a fire at all, and then so close to the Eagles.

In previous years i remember having seen some places on the pasture, where they have spread lime on which the horses liked to wallow at times.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Owlie wrote: March 26th, 2021, 10:02 pm ...
It looks burnt - or does it? :puzzled:

UFO :puzzled:

Return to “Eagles”