Buzzard Cam 1 - Mari and Mihkel

Bird of the year in 2015
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Buzzard Cam 1 - Mari and Mihkel

Post by Felis silvestris »

Birdfriend wrote:Will we see this cam maybe in the next season again?
I have my doubts about that, this year it was the year of the buzzard in Estonia. Although I have to admit I would not mind that either! :laugh:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Last night I checked the Buzzard cams on my iPhone, just for fun, and to my surprise both cams are working again! On the computer however the streams do not work. But there it doesn't say "stream not found" on the black player but the screen is white so there is some sort of connection. I can't check if the android streams also work. I think I read somewhere there are repairs at Eenet?

Last night there was a storm. I could hear the 'trumpet' now and then so it is still there... :laugh:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Much to my surprise a few of the cams I thought are off for good are working today morning. Among them both buzzard cams!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Marfo wrote:Last night I checked the Buzzard cams on my iPhone and to my surprise both cams are working again! On the computer however the streams do not work.
Felis Silvestris wrote:Much to my surprise a few of the cams I thought are off for good are working today morning. Among them both buzzard cams!
So they work on your PC? Not on mine, only on the iPhone. That's strange...
edit: correction, they do play on the computer. For some reason I can play only one cam at a time. That is new, before I could play as many as I liked... :sad:
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Marfo wrote:...So they work on your PC? Not on mine, only on the iPhone. That's strange...
Yes, they work on my PC, too.
That's really nice! Although I heard no trumpet so far. :laugh:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Janne+Ais wrote: Yes, they work on my PC, too.
That's really nice! Although I heard no trumpet so far. :laugh:
It can only be heard when there is wind :shake: Pity there are no recordings and I can't find a program to record myself otherwise I would have made video for you :nod:

(The cam plays also on my computer now. I solved a technical problem)
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

I heard it live already. Really touching, the lonely trumpet. :unsure:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Both cameras work on my PC. I almost never watch the cams on my mobile (unless a very important thing is going on, like the imminent hatching of a chick).

Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

:hi:
Yes, the cam 2 works at this time. The nest is covers with snow, but the pontu archive shows nothing more records.
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

This morning I saw the buzzard cam 1 worked. Now it is off again. I don't understand how it works with these cams. They are off for weeks and suddenly they work for one day :unsure: :unsure:...?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I can't say for sure, but experience would suggest that batteries are weak and low sun and bad weather makes them charging over a long time and not gaining enough power for a longer period. But I guess the cameras will be collected soon in any case, as at least one of them will go to the little birdfeeder.

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

the cam work :laugh: :loveshower:
calmond9

Post by calmond9 »

Liz01 wrote:the cam work :laugh: :loveshower:

Brilliant! Thanks, I have missed it.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

2016 will be continued here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=823

Return to “Buzzard Webcam Forum”