Buzzard Cam 2016 ~ Mari and Mihkel

Bird of the year in 2015
aquiline

Re: Buzzard Cam 2016 ~ Mari and Mihkel

Post by aquiline »

Hello, Hagnat,
of course your work is appreciated very much :loveshower: Thanks for this interesting information and all your efforts for this forum. It's been a wonderful time here watching our buzzards growing. I will miss "Small" and "Big", but I'm sure they will survive and perhaps we will be watching one or both of them as parents in another nest next year.

See you next year :wave: :wave:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Hagnat, I also appreciate your work, you have done a really great job - thank you :wave:

Also thank you to Maggy and everyone, for updates and pictures :wave:
And a big thank you to all involved, that made it possible to watch the family life of the buzzard family, it has been another great season :thumbs:

I wish Mari, Mihkel, Maret and Martin the best of luck. Maybe we will meet Mari and Mihkel again next year :thumbs:
Trine

Post by Trine »

Hagnat, these are very interesting figures! Thank you!
Do you have similar data for last year? (Clearly too much to ask, but still worth asking.)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thank you all for the nice and interesting season.
I hope, we see us again next season :wave: .

I wish our buzzards - Maret and Martin alias Small and Big :mrgreen: - a wonderful life and always enough wind beneath her wings.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Trine wrote:Hagnat, these are very interesting figures! Thank you!
Do you have similar data for last year? (Clearly too much to ask, but still worth asking.)
I have not even all 46 days of this season. That would take me a couple of weeks more.
Last year I followed this cam as good as possible but did not collect data like this, because I was too busy with the Bitterns.
But the archive of last year is still available in case someone likes something to do.
http://193.40.124.24/2015-hiireviu/
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Hagnat wrote:Summary of the last three weeks (10 - 30 June 2016) of food delivery to the young Buzzards
@Hagnat
You made a really great and detailed work here. It was very interesting for me, that to read. Now, this season is over and I wish the youngsters and the parents a long and safe life with enough food all times. And maybe, you can make this work again...in the next season or in an other topic, when you like. :nod: :wave:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
aita

Post by aita »

:hi:
Many thanks Hagnat. :thumbs:
So great work, no one has done before. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Taube

Post by Taube »

Image Hagnat
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Hagnat wrote:Summary of the last three weeks (10 - 30 June 2016) of food delivery to the young Buzzards
Hagnat, That's great!
JayPee

Post by JayPee »

Thank ou Hagnat for this nice informations and this great work.
Very interesting :thumbs:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

No need so say sorry for your English, JayPee. For most people here English is not their own language and many need a translator to read or write it.
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Thanks, Hagnat, for all these interesting data and statistic. It would be great if every observed nest have similar summary at the end of season!
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

good bye for the nice buzzard-family, I hope Mari and Mihkel came back next year. :bounce: They are very good parents

I wrote only one text here, but I have read up every day everything.
Thank you all for your good job, the lot off pictures, videos and information :loveshower:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Lubaska wrote:Thanks, Hagnat, for all these interesting data and statistic. It would be great if every observed nest have similar summary at the end of season!
Things can not be summarized when they are not noted and collected.
And not everything that is noted here is worth collecting.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Very interesting summary, Hagnat. So much information in only a few sentences and diagrams :thumbs:
Thanks for all your work and good pictures!

viewtopic.php?p=484594#p484594
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Great work! Thank you also from me, Hagnat!
Thanks also to Jürgen and Urmas and all the team in the background! :2thumbsup:
See you next year! :wave:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hagnat, thanks for all your work!
Goodbye Mari and Mihkel, healty long life Maret and Martin!

Thanks all! See you all next season :wave:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Janne+Ais wrote:Thanks also to Jürgen and Urmas and all the team in the background! :2thumbsup:
Also from me!
In the meantime I hope the men can find/spare the time to install the microphone again. I miss the sound from this wood. Although there is probably no urgent need...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Marfo, I think a repair right now rather not anymore. For one, after ringing WtE, Buzzards and Black Storks, now Ospreys and Lesser Spotted Eagles wait to get rings. The eagle men are in their busiest time of the year. For other - http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/node/496 already announces the end of transmission for this camera, in Estonian language for the moment, but unmistakably saying "season is finished".
The article also features Hagnat's great work in statistics. Also my thanks for this extraordinary work here! We have made counts and extra work for "food items" at various nest in previous years, but a statistic like this ... :bow:

Unfortunately we still have to wait for the confirmation of the gender of our two chicks, the lab is still waiting for the feathers of the Black Storklets, after they have arrived, work will start. But I will add whatever results and news I receive as soon as they arrive.

Thanks everyone here in the forum watching what is going on and reporting, and to Urmas and Jürgen in Estonia for the work on site, we saw a slightly different season than last year, with some difficulties, but also with nice moments, and in the end also two strong chicks flying out into the world!

Tuult tibadesse Maret ja Martin!

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Felis silvestris wrote:...We have made counts and extra work for "food items" at various nest in previous years, but a statistic like this ... :bow: ...
As I wrote already earlier you really need the videos for things like this. With just viewing the stream it is very easy to miss events and the one minute interval of the archived pictures is too long to capture everything and both are often not enough to identify the prey. And despite the what looks like full coverage on the forum, on at least some days over half of the deliveries was not reported and other visits wrongly reported as deliveries or just as visits. The reports on the forum can provide some help with navigating the videos, and I used it that way, but they are not enough when you want to get a picture that is as complete as possible.

Return to “Buzzard Webcam Forum”