Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2021

Post by ame »

a fish gift would impress Milda now when she is not free to fly because of the eggs. that's what a good mate would do. she needs to be fed here.

the idea of them flying to the Fish Market together and Mr C feeding Milda there is too far-fetched in my mind. why would he feed Milda there and not here.
this theory is not a good theory because it can't be tested or verified.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

ame wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:19 pm a fish gift would impress Milda now when she is not free to fly because of the eggs. that's what a good mate would do. she needs to be fed here.

the idea of them flying to the Fish Market together and Mr C feeding Milda there is too far-fetched in my mind. why would he feed Milda there and not here.
this theory is not a good theory because it can't be tested or verified.
1. Because it's easier. I think that's how relationships are formed. The male gradually gets used to sharing the fish. Psychologically, it is easier to give the fish in a place where you can immediately catch another fish. Isn't that right?
2.It is more hygienic for the nest.
3. There is no need to attract predators.
An urgent need for fish appears after the hatching of the chicks. Raimis brought 1-3 fish a season before hatching. There's still time.
balistar

Post by balistar »

balistar wrote: April 11th, 2021, 12:34 am ...
In my opinion, the episode around 17.14-18, on the one hand, was that Mr C came to keep a potential third party, whom i suspected on the left, away from the nest. Both looked to the left and called, then Milda flew away. It may or may not be a coincidence.
And on the other hand, when Milda landed on the OO and Mr C circled the OO and flew back to the nest, i felt Milda's calls while he was rolling the eggs, more like a trial by Milda, a kind of test for Mr C, whether he was capable or reliable to protect the eggs.
Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 4:20 am ...
You mean at 17:13 and 20:00?
What I see: long before 17:13, Milda was looking around with a long neck. Mr. С was also looking around when he arrived. It looked like a nest defense. At 17:14:39, the eagle's voice rang out and they both looked to the left. Milda flew out. It makes sense to me that there was a female flying there.
No attacks from Mr. С I do not see, on the contrary - protection.
Sonchik :hi: , thanks a lot for mentioning the eagle's voice :2thumbsup:
I thought i've heard it, too, but i was unsure, therefore i had not mentioned it.

Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:56 am ...
Balistar, I've lost you Image
i'm sorry, i was asleep already
balistar

Post by balistar »

rebelde :wave:
Ajeta :hi:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:42 pm Ajeta :hi:
balistar :wave: I'm most forgetful, unfortunately, but I now remember that I wanted to second Sonchik yesterday when she said she'd missed you in the forum: I did too!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:13 pm perhaps Mr. C feeds Milda by the pond?
I'm not sure I would go with this "allowing" and "feeding". What I could well imagine, though, is that he catches a fish and Milda gently but decisively takes it from him to feed herself, either on the beach or on the tree he takes it to. That's what she did with Raimis on occasion when he brought fish to the nest. He wouldn't feed her or even directly give it to her, but he would understand that resistance would be futile :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

16:11 Milda got up and shook her feathers.
(this time she didn't take me by surprise and scare me with the sound, i saw in the corner of my eye what she was doing. :whistling: )
she rolled the eggs.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Florinda wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:19 pm 21:00:56
Milda looks like owl :shock:
I've thought that, too, many times these days. Thank you for that beautifull illustration.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

rodjur wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:40 pm she is showing him to keep distance, but she is not throwing him away.
Exactly. I think eagles do not know any other way of forming relationships, do they? The partner comes with the territory, you do not get to chose it. The strongest male and the strongest female own the territory and as they need eachother to reproduce, they will - least romantically put - get used to one another. I trust that it will work out for Milda, too, though unlike most others here I wish it could have been with Mr X2 since he was just so very noble :mrgreen:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Ajeta wrote: April 11th, 2021, 4:03 pm ..... He wouldn't feed her or even directly give it to her, but he would understand that resistance would be futile :mrgreen:
without any doubt :laugh:

Maybe he's a quick learner and we'll actually see him bringing fish in a while ?

I can't help but keep a song by Marilyn Monroe in my head like a catchy tune
"i wanna be loved by you, just you,
and nobody else but you,
i want to be loved by you, alone!
Boop-boop-bi-doop! "

I could also imagine using "taught" as well as "loved" :laugh:

sorry for this unscientific contribution :rolleyes: :D
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

At 11:35:07 isn't that a woman's voice? :puzzled:
balistar

Post by balistar »

Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:08 pm At 11:35:07 isn't that a woman's voice? :puzzled:
wow, Sonchik, yes, i would say yes :nod:
Edit: the darker tone immediately following the high-pitched is usually only heard at females :puzzled:

hopefully it's not the hidden girlfriend, that rebelde mentioned here.... :unsure:
rebelde wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:54 am ....., unless he has a girlfriend hiding very quietly behind the curtain somewhere, in which case he would be a genius of nest takeovers, which in my humble opinion is quite unlikely.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:08 pm At 11:35:07 isn't that a woman's voice? :puzzled:
I think that is Mr C.
He has been taken for a female before, if I remember rightly.
Hermaphrodites, as you said the other day. :mrgreen:

Edit: It also sounds quite near. Would Milda have let a female come so near?
ame

Post by ame »

17:27 voices of cranes rather near. Milda had been looking in the sky for a while...

chipchipchip.... coming closer Milda called. Mr C landed apparently on the top.

Milda went to the top branch. chipchipchip....

ame

Post by ame »

17:29 both flew ...

ame

Post by ame »

17:30 Mr C back on the nest.

... and out again.

ame

Post by ame »

17:33 Milda back to the nest and Mr C to the top.
both called.

Sonchik noticed that an eagle flew by high in the sky before Milda and Mr C arrived.
Sonchik wrote: April 11th, 2021, 6:46 pm Image
i made a new, longer video including the fly-by, too.
thank you Sonchik!
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

At 12:04:36, a bird flies along the forest from left to right. On the right side, a bird is flying towards the forest.
C4colby

Post by C4colby »

I would think this has to be a very awkward time for these two. Milda has now had to accept Ramis will not be coming back. I feel Milda tolerates Mr. C because she needs protection/guard of the nest. However, they are not a bonded pair. They have not mated, this is not his clutch. I have been surprised that Milda lets him on the nest and he has attempted to to roll the eggs. Then today, Mr. C actually brought in some nest material. This is surprising progress bc the nest that I have observed when a new male comes into the picture and there were eggs in the nest, the female wouldn’t even allow the new male on the nest. I, too, hope the eggs will not hatch. Although it is sad that Ramis is gone it has been interesting to see all of this transpire. The life of an eagle is not an easy one!
ame

Post by ame »

17:43 Milda flew out.

17:43:42 there was a soft sound klops. did Mr C take off from the top. a second later an eagle flew in the top left corner.

Mr C called outside.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”