Latvian WTE nest webcamera: Juras-Erglis 2014

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

ame

Re: Latvian WTE nest webcamera: Juras-Erglis 2014

Post by ame »

viewtopic.php?p=341825#p341825
[color=#FF8000]On Sunday 24 Aug 2014, 07:21[/color] Liz01 wrote:... 7:18:42 I hear Lubana and an eaglet came screaming into the nest.
[img http://up.picr.de/19304004dp.jpg /img]

there was a delivery at 7:20:15 Lubana cames
the eaglet took the prey and flew away?
[img http://up.picr.de/19303998nw.jpg /img]

it all went very quickly. The second eaglet flew the nest, so took the first with the prey?
Maybe Lubana had thereby no prey?

I checked, it was all just 3 seconds :mrgreen:
i have now the Pontu clip of this event. it was indeed a delivery: Lubana brought a nice fish to the nest and yes: the first eaglet took the prey away. :nod:

7:18 both eaglets flew from the forest screaming but only one stayed in the nest. i'm not sure which one this was but i think it was Pukite. it looked for left-overs but with little success...
then suddenly screaming approached and Lubana came in. the first eaglet (Pukite i think) took the fish and mantled it in the back of the nest. right after Lubana came in the other eaglet (Makonite), Lubana flew out and then flew out also the first eaglet with the fish. the second squeaked first with irritation and then with disbelief: where's the food?? i think this second eaglet was Makonite, but as i wrote: i'm not sure.

-it would make sense though: Pukite knows perfectly well that he is no match for Makonite in food-fight so the only way he can keep the prey is to flee with it. clever boy Pukite! :thumbs:

as Liz wrote it all happened extremely quickly so i have made a slowmotion recording of the event. it's in 1/3 speed of the real speed.

here's the Pontu clip of the whole visit.
ame

Post by ame »

15:06 Pukite flew away.
a little earlier he reduced cargo. :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

16:14 i heard eaglet's voices calling and then my picture went into a mush... and then there was an eaglet at home and the other is calling in the forest. and there's a new fish in the nest which the eaglet is eating. that must have been a super quick delivery because my picture wasn't bad for a long time...? :puzzled:
-these bad-connection-days seem to be the rule here and a good day would be an exception. :bash:

now the eaglet is looking out and listening... i think i hear Princess Makonite's voice from the forest and Pukite is then in the nest, whining softly.
ame

Post by ame »

Pukite got quietly up to the front branch and left the food on the nest: the new fish (on the right) and the somewhat older fishtail (on the left).

- i don't think he flew away, i think he is still up on the front branch but out of sight.
16:28 he hasn't flown away yet. and it's quite quiet. if Makonite was really around then she's gone away.

16:30 now he flew away. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

it is raining very heavily.
Another fish in the nest there was probably still a delivery
ame

Post by ame »

i think i have heard an eaglet calling near the nest every now and then, rather close. i'm not sure if it is Makonite or Pukite, maybe Pukite. i wonder what he wants? :puzzled:

he ate well from the first fish and so he left the new and the old on the nest and flew out an hour ago... does he miss his sister? would he like to have the fish on a plate? cutlery?? table cloth and candles??? :mrgreen:

or is he just wet and miserable and cries because of that...
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

at 15:06 Pukite has left the branch.

16:15 Lubana brings a fish

:blush: Ame, picr.de Image Upload makes maintenance work today. I have a new uploader found. It is difficult. Tomorrow does not happen any more :bow:
Today there are no more pictures of me. I wait until the site of Picr.de running again.they are either too big or too small :banghead:

-------------------------------------------------
edit by ame:
i resized your original picture to a new normal size picture of your picture Liz, and put it here.
i hope you don't mind. :blush:
ame

Post by ame »

viewtopic.php?p=341919#p341919
[color=#FF8000]On Sunday 24 Aug 2014, 19:42[/color] Hellem wrote:19:39 Lubana landed with a small fish and is eating it.
19:41 Lubana off, an eaglet landed and 19:44 flew off.
i have now a Pontu clip of this incident. that was a bit strange...

it started quite normally: whining began from the forest.. then someone flew by the nest (probably Lubana). then whining came closer and Lubana landed on the nest with a fish which she began to eat with no hesitation but not in a hurry either. then an eaglet flew screaming by the nest... but didn't land.

Lubana ate in all peace while the eaglet flew around the nest in the forest screaming. it even flew by the nest a second time. then finally when Lubana had just swallowed the last piece of fish the eaglet landed on the nest and Lubana flew out in the same instant. the eaglet went around the nest whining and crying and looking for morsels which weren't many, maybe just some fish scales. finally the eaglet took off. i'm not sure which eaglet it was but i guess it was Makonite.

17:44 cows are moo'ing. :mrgreen:

aha! Liz, you got a picture of Lubana bringing the fish! :thumbs:

but it is rather big, actually too big... :blush:
also the fish picture a little higher is too big.
can you make it smaller? the maximum size is 800 pixels wide and/or 600 pixles high.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote:.....he ate well from the first fish and so he left the new and the old on the nest and flew out an hour ago... does he miss his sister?
:rotf:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

the rain is over :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

nobody wants the fish. What is the matter? Want the candlelight and tableware, as Ame wrote? :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

good morning :hi:
an eaglet is eating at 5:45. I have increased the brightness and contrast so you can see him.

5:54 he flew away
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

it does not rain. In the nest are fish. Maybe a fresh and a piece of yesterday?

picr upload is working again :bow:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I think Pukite came home
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I think Pukite came home
he hopped a branch higher. Has looked around and flew away again at 6:26. Maybe he is looking Makonite?
I have no sound, can not hear if Makonite is there.
It was Pukite :nod:

EDIT:5:28:29
out of the corner of my eye I saw a fly eaglet. I do not know who it was. (I have 2 screens)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Makonite?
at 6:37:15 was an eaglet in the nest. He went to the rear edge of the nest and eats. As well there is another fish or a bird?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

wow, big fishi

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:53 she flew away. I think this was Makonite
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

7:20 to 7:52 was an eaglet in the nest and ate the fish. I guess it was Makonite.

at 7:52 she jumped on the back branch and flew away
ame

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:

the nest looks wet but it's not raining now. some animal made barking voices in the forest at 10:23. it was maybe a roe buck? :help:
i failed to get the first loudest roawrr! on the video (of course!) in my live recording so i've replaced it with a Pontu clip with all voices.

now there are little birds investigating the nest so i guess that the eagles have gone far already some time ago. i'm not sure if eagles would bother to catch little birds (such titbits: too little meat covered with too much feathers!) but nevertheless the little birds seem to avoid the nest when eagles are around.

edit at 10:38
it suddenly became sunny a few minutes ago! :headroll:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”