Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis: Discussions

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

rebelde

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis: Discussions

Post by rebelde »

...and how many times maybe all of us have been holding our breaths when Mr C has rolled the eggs and stood above them...
In the end it took him just a few days to get the courage and the right attitude.
It's a bit sad, though, that now that he's doing the essential work in the nest, it could be too late for those eggs. But he's learning for the future! :chick:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

rodjur wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:42 pm I hope she will come back. It is a bit too much for a new guy to sit all night long on eggs :)
Rodjur :wave:
It might be ok with the nice crop that he has - just to relax and listen to the nocturnal sounds. He has deserved the peace.
comsi

Post by comsi »

I think she's teaching him to stay at the nest as long as he can. In my opinion, he's doing very well. First time alone in the nest at night - it's awsome. They'll do it next year and we'll see a happy familly here!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

rebelde wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:28 pm Ajeta :hi:
Who cares about the handsome MrX2 now that we have the fittest, the most loyal, the most lovable, the most eager to learn and the most accepted by Milda guy from the neighbourhood. 8-) I think he's quite wonderful! :headroll:
Yes, rub it in, rebelde, the salt into my wounded heart. :laugh: But it sure is an astonishing development - from his first tentative behaviour to his (possibly) still sitting on the eggs while I am writing this (camera 22:40 - I am a bit behind with watching). :eek: (< This smilie is called "surprise". I'm not sure it shows what I want it to show but it was the best I could find. Better yet would have been a Mr Spock smilie saying "Fascinating".)
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

rebelde wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:01 pm It's a bit sad, though, that now that he's doing the essential work in the nest, it could be too late for those eggs. But he's learning for the future! :chick:
Yes it is. Still, amazing what is possible in nature and what he and this camera show us.
comsi

Post by comsi »

rebelde wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:01 pm ...and how many times maybe all of us have been holding our breaths when Mr C has rolled the eggs and stood above them...
In the end it took him just a few days to get the courage and the right attitude.
It's a bit sad, though, that now that he's doing the essential work in the nest, it could be too late for those eggs. But he's learning for the future! :chick:
yes, all of us have been waiting for a "mirracle" - and it did happenned! Mr C sat on the eggs. And he's here for the night. Milda teached him. I hope for the next season - they'll be a couple and we'll see new eaglets. I hope!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Lionne224 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:26 pm I love how it's developing! :)
But I don't like the fact that the cam's lagging ...
Won't she be back for the night? Normally, it's the female who incubates during night? It's quite dark now ...
(Hi, new here, watching for a few days, as exciting as a thriller!)
Nice of you to join us, Lionne224!
:gathering:
I think Raimis, the father of those eggs, would also occasionally stay the night on them.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Just for the record:
unfortunately the issue with editing my posts is not solved. After about 2 hours the edit-button vanished again :sad:

perhaps i have to ask in the "Question and Help"-thread, there in "Technical Questions", which i will do.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Sonchik wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:05 pm I've been thinking about it, too. I think it's getting late. Feathers do not fall out in one day, and new ones should grow by winter.

Thanks, Sonchik, for the reply.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:36 pm Just for the record:
unfortunately the issue with editing my posts is not solved. After about 2 hours the edit-button vanished again :sad: perhaps i have to ask in the "Question and Help"-thread, there in "Technical Questions", which i will do.
How strange. I still have the edit button for my post above yours and it works. While I could not edit an earlier post. The delete-button seems to have gone, though :puzzled: I'll be interested to learn what the problem is.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:39 pm Thanks, Sonchik, for the reply.
I shall now out myself as completely clueless: What is the brooding patch there for?
balistar

Post by balistar »

Ajeta wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:40 pm How strange. I still have the edit button for my post above yours and it works. While I could not edit an earlier post. The delete-button seems to have gone, though :puzzled: I'll be interested to learn what the problem is.
My edit-button also works for a while, about 1-2 hours, then it disappears.

The delete-button vanishs as soon as a post after your post follows, even if it is another post by you. So, you only can delete a post by you, as long as no other post follows. This is normal and works like this in all threads.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Ajeta wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:43 pm I shall now out myself as completely clueless: What is the brooding patch there for?
To put it quite simply:
The brood patch is a certain area at the belly, where during breeding season feathers fall out, so that through the naked skin the most possible warmth can be transported to the eggs while incubating.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:58 pm My edit-button also works for a while, about 1-2 hours, then it disappears.

The delete-button vanishs as soon as a post after your post follows, even if it is another post by you. So, you only can delete a post by you, as long as no other post follows. This is normal and works like this in all threads.
The earlier post I could not edit I had tried to edit just a few minutes after posting it. The button was there, but then a message appeared that I could not edit my post. No reason given.
Thanks for the info regarding delete. I really have much to learn yet.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:02 am To put it quite simply:
The brood patch is a certain area at the belly, where during breeding season feathers fall out, so that through the naked skin the most possible warmth can be transported to the eggs while incubating.
Thank you!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:02 am ...
balistar, I just pressed the still existent edit button of my post at 7:53 (which I posted bc I could not edit the one before it even just ten minutes after posting), and I could have edited it (the one at 7:53). That would be three hours and a bit?
Nice game - search and press edit buttons :laugh:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

:wave: Ajeta

https://giphy.com/gifs/star-trek-wow-sp ... fullscreen

( I'm not sure if gifs are allowed here, but I couldn't resist. :mrgreen: )
handbyl

Post by handbyl »

I hope Milda returns and this is not a sign that she has given up for the season. Morning will tell .....
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

comsi wrote: I hope for the next season - they'll be a couple and we'll see new eaglets. I hope!
:hi: comsi :nod:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

handbyl wrote: April 15th, 2021, 1:14 am I hope Milda returns and this is not a sign that she has given up for the season. Morning will tell .....
Raimis sat on the eggs a few nights, too, I think.
She would have every reason to take a night off, I dare say.
Mr C. is still sitting on the eggs this morning (around 6:30 time stamp)

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”