Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis: Discussions

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

pazi

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis: Discussions

Post by pazi »

Ajeta wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 11:35 am So it seems bringing fish to the nest during incubation is not an absolutely necessary requirement. (Perhaps also depending on the male having previous experience? Who can say!) At any rate, Milda seems to have known, she simply sat there steadfastly waiting for that fish. Who could have resisted her? :laugh:
My thoughts too. Seems that the hatching in turns is enough, any food is just the male trying to weasel out of his shift :mrgreen:
Milda seems to treat C much like Raimis. "Yes, thank you, you brought food. Now give it to me and GET OUT"
handbyl

Post by handbyl »

I was busy at work yesterday. But what a happy nest follower I am, having caught up late yesterday and now today..

It was logical to me this would happen, given what we observed of Mr C's behaviour up until he seemingly fled the nest in alarm with the signs of imminent hatching. Then doubt creeps in and one corrals hope yet here we are, a male provisioning another's offspring. For whatever reason - I guess researchers will debate this endlessly.

Real privilege being a distant part of this - thanks to everyone who make the nestcam and forum possible and of course, you lot :-)
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

balistar wrote: yes, i also hear a chup chup .. chup chup, lasting until 20.53.08 - but i think it's the baby eaglet after being fed. But maybe i'm wrong and we'll have the next surprise tomorrow :laugh:
:wave: Yes, it was the little one chirping. :D
I just posted a comment in the other thread asking, that if there really was a pip on an egg, wouldn't Milda roll that egg with all the care in the world. (?!)
There was another pip suspicion today, and that also turned out to be false. The way things are developing with the new family is delightful beyond words and even miraculous, but I still wouldn't wish for all the three eggs to hatch under these circumstances.

Dear Mr C is learning lightning fast what is expected from him. I have liked him all along, and despite some moments of doubt I also believed that with a little bit of awakening of the instincts he will become a good provider as well. But now he has really convinced us all, I think. :shake:
balistar

Post by balistar »

rebelde wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 1:25 pm .....
There was another pip suspicion today, and that also turned out to be false.....
rebelde :wave:
(i just came home again... reading and looking back on rewind what was this morning when i had to go out until now).

Yes, as far as i could see until now, there is no sign of a Pip (as far as the eggs show all sides :D ).
Now back to watch, what might come out (or not) of the two remaining eggs in the following days.
I'm just soooooo happy about the developments by now :loveshower:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 4:27 pm I'm just soooooo happy about the developments by now :loveshower:
You realize of course, balistar, that you have to thank me for that: I gave him my heart and he brought the fish. :rotf:

I look forward with curiosity to your PIP report!
balistar

Post by balistar »

Ajeta wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 4:48 pm You realize of course, balistar, that you have to thank me for that: I gave him my heart and he brought the fish. :rotf:
:rotf: i realize and thank you with a deep bow :mrgreen:
Ajeta, you might have given him or promised him even a few kisses, admit it :laugh:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Way to go, Ajeta! :wave: :laugh:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Balistar :thumbs:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 4:54 pm :rotf: i realize and thank you with a deep bow :mrgreen:
Ajeta, you might have given him or promised him even a few kisses, admit it :laugh:
:laugh:
Never pay a higher price than absolutely necessary. :shake:
I admit, however, that he looks smashing in the rain!
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

rebelde wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:08 pm Way to go, Ajeta! :wave: :laugh:
:thumbs: I really like this little eaglet, especially the way it yawns (16:55:19). I wish it could have a sibling. But if the second egg won't hatch, then any chick coming out of the third will be a lot smaller than its bigger sibling, won't it, which will only work if there'll be vast amounts of food. So I'm a little torn what to wish for. Fortunately my wishes are pretty irrelevant. :mrgreen:
handbyl

Post by handbyl »

Good heavens but the weather right now at 18:50 is cr*p. Duck weather on the eagle nest.

Happy day nonetheless.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

balistar - at 19:04:19 there seemed to be something on the second (?) egg. Could this be a PIP? It was there right when Milda got up.
sova

Post by sova »

Good evening everybody :hi:
I like the discussion forum ...

It would be nice if the little eagle was ringed later. If he would be seen later that one would recognize him too. The little one arises from a special story.
In addition, I think that Uncle C deserves a name, even the little one and Uncle C should maybe * connected * by name .... just a thought .... :rolleyes:
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Ajeta wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:07 pm balistar - at 19:04:19 there seemed to be something on the second (?) egg. Could this be a PIP? It was there right when Milda got up.
Ajeta :hi: It's interesting. And I think it's just fine that the pip-watch notifications are centered here in the discussion thread, as they include a lot of trial and error.
There could be life in those two eggs just as well as there was life in the first egg, and no matter what one thinks about more eaglets hatching in this special situation, the mere possibility of it deserves our attention. Milda just rolled the eggs at around 20:26 - 20:27. :thumbs: She also gave a long look at them. :slap:

A video from the other thread (by ame): https://youtu.be/4fE2HrWQi6c
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Ajeta wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:18 pm So that's why those eggs survive all this fighting and trampling around: they are truly impenetrable :laugh:
Not that strong. In 2018, Milda accelerated the hatching process with her paw.
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 14#p580714
https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 36#p181336
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

rebelde wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:32 pm Ajeta :hi: It's interesting. And I think it's just fine that the pip-watch notifications are centered here in the discussion thread, as they include a lot of trial and error.
Thank you rebelde! That's precisely (as Mr Spock would say) :laugh: why I put it here and not in the o-thread.
I'm not sure, but I thought I could also hear some egg talk at 20:26:59 ff? Perhaps someone with a better ear than mine could have a "listen"?
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

:wave: Sova
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Sonchik wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:36 pm Not that strong. In 2018, Milda accelerated the hatching process with her paw.
:wave: How nice to see you!
Thanks for the links. I'm browsing that thread myself at the moment looking for fish deliveries. :laugh:
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

sova wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:44 pm Good evening everybody :hi:
I like the discussion forum ...
It would be nice if the little eagle was ringed later. If he would be seen later that one would recognize him too. The little one arises from a special story.
In addition, I think that Uncle C deserves a name, even the little one and Uncle C should maybe * connected * by name .... just a thought .... :rolleyes:
:wave: Hi sova, yes, the discussion thread is not so bad at all. And welcomes all visitors, too! I like your ideas regarding ringing and name very much. If you haven't done so, perhaps you should take them to the Dabasdati people?
Edit: I believe they are usually in charge of that.
rebelde

Post by rebelde »

Ajeta wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:41 pm I'm not sure, but I thought I could also hear some egg talk at 20:26:59 ff? Perhaps someone with a better ear than mine could have a "listen"?
I thought I heard it too, but I have already mistaken the first chick's chirping with eggtalk so I'm not sure about anything. But if the suspected pip proves to be real, the eggtalk could of course be considered. :laugh:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”