Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2020

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

Liz01

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2020

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:43 am ....then she returns as if she hadn't been away at all. bad girl! :slap: ....
that's she :mrgreen:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:09 pm ... I only showed ways why she / they could be gone. I also considered that they taking a breeding break. Everyone does it their own way. This is my way!
:2thumbsup:
of course, it is necessary to seek professional, scientific explanations for the observed behaviour

edit:
Liz01 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 4:36 pm I have no hope to see Milda again. I think she is no longer alive. Whatever the reason .. shot by a hunter, poisoned by hunting remains, car collision, fight for the nest ....
Raimis behaved like Robert. He came to the nest a few times. Now he has given up.
Strange eagles can come to the nest unhindered. so Raimis & Milda are no longer in the area.
that contribution was the reason why I wrote about your pessimism - but yes, it was long time without Milda :bow:
ame

Post by ame »

7:10 two male tawny owls were talking.

7:18 the quarrelling voices which Liz heard. these may be pine martens. the other possibility is raccoon dogs but they didn't quite sound like then.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

I went back to yesterday... I have the feeling that it might be one of them since it was at the same time with bad sunlight... It had also a full crop.
ame wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 9:56 am 9:55 an eagle to the top branch. difficult to see who it was. the light is bad.
but on landing the white tail could be seen! :headroll:
flew away after a while, about 30 s.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:15 pm ..............
that contribution was the reason why I wrote about your pessimism - but yes, it was long time without Milda :bow:
It wasn't just me who thought that certain something must have happened. Many who have been watching closely for years thought the same. You can read it in the DD forum.
They're not all pessimists, they were very worried, like me.

And, the whole thing is a little more complex to look at. You can't compare it to black stork.
White-tailed eagle breeding pairs are "standing birds!
That means they don't leave their breeding grounds! It is too dangerous. Such a nest is quickly lost. There are many WTE's in Latvia. Many want to breed and are looking for suitable options. So the conclusions that something happened is very normal.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 2:35 pm...
Liz, later p.m.
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Solo!

i found more tawny owl male's calls from last night.
1:08 - 1:21 i think there were two males, one far and the other a bit nearer.
https://youtu.be/yF0ngv6v4Nk

1:49 two male for certain.
https://youtu.be/QIMFq3TVN-U

i found much more of their voices but they call so much that their voices have become 'uninteresting'. i have heard much less female owl's calls lately. they used to call every night a about two weeks ago and earlier.
ame

Post by ame »

2:32 i found an interesting voice. this was probably a fox barking. a tawny male called with him.

3:10 another barking-kind of call. it was different than the earlier but i guess that this was a fox, too. maybe a female fox. Foxy Lady. :whistling:

playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... w0UYpDTL3L
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Thank you everyone for gripping discussions, comments, pictures and videos on Milda`s absence and very gratifying comeback :2thumbsup: Yesterday i lost all hope, but today lady showed up as if nothing happened and no nerves were lost :laugh: I love those birds, they are full of wonder!!

:wave:
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Some pictures from today

Raimis

and Milda
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

tashaf wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:32 am Lord, how little is sometimes necessary for complete happiness ...
I'm sobbing :cry:
Milda, my dear, God grant you a thousand lives!
:hi:
My focus worked. Image
Sonchik wrote: January 21st, 2020, 5:40 am Now I'll try to lure Milda out of the bushes by putting her photo on the avatar. Image
Liz01 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 9:30 am They have done nest building too.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=273&start=160

I saw the next season in 2012 :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=535
I read with interest. Thank you!
Only all the pictures are gone. :sad:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Abigyl wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:26 pm I went back to yesterday... I have the feeling that it might be one of them since it was at the same time with bad sunlight... It had also a full crop.
Of course, because he flew in from the fish market. :laugh:
If I believe my theory that Milda was afraid to return to the nest because of people, this visit and eagle on Tuesday at 11:24 might have been Milda. She flew to the nest and couldn't bring herself into it. Today, along with Raimis, she was calmer and dared to come down from the branch.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Today in Latvia spring! All birds sang. Even Milda and the hawk flew in. :D
ame wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:52 am 11:51 (almost) the hawk flew up. perhaps to the top and then away or away right away.
[img]https://up.picr.de/37725208sy.jpg[/ img]

[img]https://up.picr.de/37725281cz.jpg[/ img]

11:52 some calls which may belong to the hawk.
[youtube]fY1uH3xyrs0[/ youtube]
Hawk flew away or shook his wings at 11:56:51.
Biker

Post by Biker »

by Sonchik » January 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm
My focus worked.
@ Sonchik
Great job! :thumbs: :wave:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
maagg

Post by maagg »

Hello after a few years! :wave:
In recent days your conversations and empty nest have given me so much adrenaline that I had to log in to write how happy I am about Milda's return :loveshower:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:23 am ..... Overall, he behaved differently from the last few days. It was completely normal behavior. :D :D
I wrote that Raimis behaves normally. That's why I didn't believe anything happened to Milda.
ame wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:43 am ... and pessimism often proves to be justified. that was a long time indeed, two weeks. no wonder that we got pessimistic and worried...
Your previous negative experience has made you think of it pessimistically. But, burying Milda due to 14 days of absence was premature. I 'd wait until March. And even then, on my list of assumptions, death would be in last place.
Liz01 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 2:35 pm It wasn't just me who thought that certain something must have happened. Many who have been watching closely for years thought the same. You can read it in the DD forum.
They're not all pessimists, they were very worried, like me.
In vain. People whose opinions are trusted should be very careful to express their thoughts. The escalation of emotions, in chat and forums, will not benefit anyone.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Biker wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:42 pm @ Sonchik
Great job!
I very much tried!
maagg wrote: January 24th, 2020, 1:42 am Hello after a few years! :wave:
In recent days your conversations and empty nest have given me so much adrenaline that I had to log in to write how happy I am about Milda's return :loveshower:
Hi! :hi: It's really nice that you decided to get out of the bush. :D

My film about the return ̶P̶h̶o̶e̶n̶i̶x̶ ̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ Miilda's.
10:12

That tree was closer than I thought. :laugh:

Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

Pfffff! What a relief! :bow:

I have been following the last couple of days with rising anxiety. Many of us began to prepare for the worst after a horrible season at the black stork nest. I think that tragic story was fresh in our minds...

I am incredibly happy :loveshower: to see our favorite WtE lady, Mrs. Milda.
May she (and her dear Mr. Raimis) have a many more happy years ahead of them!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: January 24th, 2020, 2:20 am .....
Your previous negative experience has made you think of it pessimistically. But, burying Milda due to 14 days of absence was premature. I 'd wait until March. And even then, on my list of assumptions, death would be in last place.

In vain. People whose opinions are trusted should be very careful to express their thoughts. The escalation of emotions, in chat and forums, will not benefit anyone.

March would be an appointment where you can no longer expect anyone. Courtship and mating is not in March. Leaving the nest area by both eagles for so long is also not normal.

We'll never know why she stayed away. There is no evidence of anything.

I didn't read any escalation in the forum and chat. Maris and Vērotāja spoke from their experiences. No more and no less.

And experience shows that such a long absence is not a positive thing. We saw it here, on the Norwegian nest, on the Hungarian nest, on many American nests.

EDIT: one more thing, Speculation that Janis K is to blame for her absence does not help anyone either. On the contrary Now there are many inquiries why Janis K went to this nest in daylight. These questions are more difficult to answer.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

January 24

good morning :hi:

maagg, welcome back :D :gathering:

Crissy, great pictures of Milda & Raimis :loveshower:

6:47-6:48 male &female tawny owl are calling

7:40:20 a fox is barking
7:42 is still barking

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”