DISCUSSION ~ ESTLAT Osprey Nests ~ 2013

Tonia

Re: OBSERVATIONS~ ESTLAT Osprey~Madis & Piret's nest ~ 2013

Post by Tonia »

piyopiyoya wrote: She looks like hungry. Her crop is empty. Madis seems would more like to incubate the egg but not to go fishing. :unsure:
But she is away the whole day - why doesnt she catch her own fish?
javabird

Post by javabird »

Madis is an excellent provider. Don't be so harsh to him.
Everytime Piret arrives and yells at him, he'll go fishing immediately.
And I think he provides at least 3 fish per day to Piret. That's good enough.
salami

Post by salami »

So it has been a week when we have last seen Oxana.

Posted May 4th, 2013, 12:10 pm
on viewtopic.php?f=56&t=545
gjuselover wrote:11.56 Its getting warm , Madis openes his beek and never shut it, than gasp big 2 times and

11.57 Madis stands up..starting to fix his feathers and still does 12.09

12.10 a big bang as a canonshot..
bunniem1 wrote:Loud shot -- even startles Madis!
I'm worried about oxana, could it be possible that someone has shooted Oxana? Oxana was last seen on May 4th 10:12 in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6qcB4Ng-2I Oxana flies out at the sight of oncoming Piret.

I know that Oxana was injured in his leg but i'm wondering why we havent seen Oxana after those shots.

Hope she's fine. :wave:
Eden

Post by Eden »

salami wrote: I'm worried about oxana, could it be possible that someone has shooted Oxana?
The nest is situated on an area with a military training ground. Shots are absolutely normal there, and no hunter or poacher would enter this area.
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I am wondering if Madis ever chirps - is it always Piret's voice we hear from the cam support?
I think I haven't heard Madis chirping ...
piyopiyoya

Post by piyopiyoya »

Owlie wrote:I am wondering if Madis ever chirps - is it always Piret's voice we hear from the cam support?
I think I haven't heard Madis chirping ...
Yes, he did. I have heard when he sit on the egg yesterday.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

It happens often that I have several looduskalender nest web cams on simultaneously - the disadvantage is that you may have difficulties to separate which sound is coming from which nest. But it is so wonderful to follow the nature so close and learn of the birds' life and behaviour. The most voices though come from Madis and Piret - then from Ilmar and Irma, the others are quite quiet.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Gavril wrote:Sorry for the strange question - Why Linda and Sulev not stay for the second egg as Madis? Perhaps because of the other was already the little eagle was hatched? :dunno:
By the way, just now 20:04 Linda has not only the chicken but also an egg nearly wholly under her stomach. Linda left her chicken today for a "long time" alone in the nest. And when returning the chicken would eat very much, now it is sleeping as for the most of the time.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Just a minute ago Ilmar and Irma were sharing a fish in their nest. Have you seen Madis and Piret do so last or this year?
Cara

Post by Cara »

The day of wonderful Piret's return to her nest (BEFORE the fights started) I typed the words "I am back" and I send lovely greetings to all wellknown members here..... Well, it was a short "come back" for me ..... I am in a terrible stress and pressure of time with all my work, doings and duties….. so I WANTED to come back here, but it was a wish due to my lots of work and I only watched the cam daily without reading in forum sites. About a week or so I logged in here and wanted to read and “say Hello” ….. but …… also this was a PLAN and caused by my lots of work I logged out here without reading anything…..
A few days ago I got a very sweet and nice written email from GJUSELOVER! THANK YOU, dear Gjuselover Image ..... She asked me for coming back (coming back also with my collage-resumés) ….. I followed Gjuselovers calling and HERE I AM back (once again) ….. A big to all who would send a big to me, too Image

I work at a “very special” kind of “resumé” since Gjuselovers email (it was the day, when Piret won the fights for her nest) ….. and I hope I can FINISH it within the next hours ….. then I’ll come back to POST this RESUMÉ :wave: …..

PS: Meanwhile I read a bit here ..... THANKS Image to all who send back so lovely "Hello"s as reply to my "first come back"! :-)
“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
Maxiesma

Post by Maxiesma »

Sorry to say. Almost wish Oxana had won, at least that way we might have more eggs and chicks later. Doesn't seem to be much going on here now. :cry:
Millie

Post by Millie »

So pleased to see you back CARA,
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Maxiesma wrote:Sorry to say. Almost wish Oxana had won, at least that way we might have more eggs and chicks later. Doesn't seem to be much going on here now. :cry:
Keep up hoping, we noticed Madis and Piret mating 4th May, as far as I remember.
And according to previous experiences it can take two weeks for the female to produce the first egg.
And then several eggs with 3 days intervalls.
:dunno:
Leelany

Post by Leelany »

Madis still on egg.
Maxiesma wrote:Sorry to say. Almost wish Oxana had won, at least that way we might have more eggs and chicks later. Doesn't seem to be much going on here now. :cry:
Cool down ;)
Someone mentioned that the average time between first mating and the first egg could be 9 days. Piret and Madis first mated on May 5th, so the first egg could be laid around May 15th.

So we all have to be a little bit more patient :2thumbsup:

edit: too slow :blush:
Eden

Post by Eden »

Hello again, Cara, and I look forward to your RESUMÈ! :wave:
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
Maxiesma

Post by Maxiesma »

Keep up hoping, we noticed Madis and Piret mating 4th May, as far as I remember.
And according to previous experiences it can take two weeks for the female to produce the first egg.
And then several eggs with 3 days intervalls.
:dunno:[/quote]

Thank you and Leelany for the hope
I only get to really watch on weekends so don't see a lot.
Thanks again for the knowledge. :bow:
Millie

Post by Millie »

I wish I knew what is going on with Piret. She fought so hard for this nest, but now spends very little time on it. I feel sure that when she scraped out the nest bowl this am, she was trying to get rid of the egg. She failed and then covered it with bark. Wish I knew how to video.
Also there has been no attempts to mate today as Madis is obsessed with egg.
Pebbles

Post by Pebbles »

Can it be that Piret doesn´t lay eggs as long as Oxana´s egg is still in the nest?
Luz4711

Post by Luz4711 »

Pebbles wrote:Can it be that Piret doesn´t lay eggs as long as Oxana´s egg is still in the nest?
I guess she will lay her eggs there. Where else? If the egg would be a problem one of the experts would had it already taken from the nest. And she is helping a lot with nest building. Everything is going to be fine.
Donation for KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN EE18 2200 2210 4035 9778 - BIC HABAEE2X - Swedbank AS
Wire Transfer via SEPA in EURO Countries

search.php?keywords=villa&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTIDeR ... vpJrE-ImTh
asteria

Post by asteria »

Oxana may be too young and not ready for more eggs and chicks. That is why she finally left. Perhaps the egg was "empty" like that one from buzzards last year.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”