Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - Mētra and Mačo 2014

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Angie

Re: Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - ? 2014

Post by Angie »

Hellem wrote:20:49 Cam is working! I saw an eagle coming, he/she rolled the eggs and then sat on the eggs to incubating :loveshower:
I have just turned on the PC when she arrived

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

lianaliesma wrote:Good day

Sad news for us all... Uģis Bergmanis, who is monitoring the nest on spot, this morning has written sms for our forumers - looks like both eagles are going to leave the nest due to the lack of food....

I am so pitty...
That would be indeed sad news. Could it be, lianaliesma, that it is not this nest, which is meant, but the Mētra/Mačo nest? This is also the nest which in the last years was transmitted to German viewers via Schreiadler.org/Deutsche Wildtierstiftung.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

21:22 A peaceful evening, a little windy. The LSE is sleeping in the nest, incubating the eggs :D
chicktrick

Post by chicktrick »

Liz01 wrote:This is probably not a particularly good year for Lesser Spotted Eagle . It needs moist meadows. Too dry this year , so there are not enough amphibians. :cry:
In Germany , Brandenburg land is purchased for the lesser spotted eagle . The farmers have been working too hard , so there is no place and feeding ground for these beautiful and rare animals. I do what I can to support the.
http://www.schreiadlerschutz.de/schuetz ... wahren.php
Thank you Liz, very interesting information. It seems many of the "improvements" to the land are very damaging to the LSE's. I think more people should be told about this problem.

Happy to see the Eagles are still trying I hope maybe for some rain? Will the eggs be ok after having been left alone for so long? :unsure:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Felis silvestris wrote: That would be indeed sad news. Could it be, lianaliesma, that it is not this nest, which is meant, but the Mētra/Mačo nest? This is also the nest which in the last years was transmitted to German viewers via Schreiadler.org/Deutsche Wildtierstiftung.

Some encouraging info... Ugis Bergmanis had checked Mētra's nest 10 days ago but it was empty. This morning there were changes for his surprise - Mētra was incubating! and they will try to make a connection to that webcam.
Regarding the currant nest - it seems that in such low temperature eggs would not survive even if eagles continue incubating... :cry:

Liz01 - Thank you very much for your info. and for what you do for nature... :D
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Thank you lianaliesma. We hope that maybe the connection to "our" eagles will work and the eagles on the nest we presently see know more than we people know.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

May 6

8.32 Good morning! :hi:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning :hi:

I´m a little confused, it is the same nest as before?
It's a little sad, because even if the female is incubating, the eggs was alone all day, yesterday, according to the posts, so it´s no hope for them:(
Very good news about Metra, it would have been nice to meet them again:)), again, thank you lianaliesma, for the information.
But a question: is the food situation the same all over Latvia, or in some areas? Here in Norway it´s a lemming year in the south, because of a winter with perfect conditions, but not in the north.

08:25 - Checking eggs. It´s a windy morning.

The first year we watched Metra and Maco´s nest, Metra often had to leave the eggs, and they didn´t hatch. if I remember correctly she also changed partner, or maybe Macho arrived late that year?

Have a nice day :wave:

(I´m slow, so I see that you have been faster than me, lianaliesma :D ) 08:47 - Empty nest.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Afternoon - No stream found.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

May 7

Good morning to all! :hi: And to Mētra and Mačo! :loveshower:
Yes, webcam now is back to watching Mētra/Mačo nest - the LSE nest we observed previous season.

Here is info from our technician man:

tehnis
Re: Mazo ērgļu ligzda 2014

Lūdzu jums visiem - Mētra un Mačo. :P
Paldldies maniem kolēģiem par nesavtīgo nakts darbu torņu pakājē. :geek:
P.S.
Pārraides stabilitātei un attēla kvalitātei tagad būtu jābūt krietni labākai, jo atgriežamies pie tā, kam sākotnēji veltījām visas idejas un pūles :mrgreen:

________
Here you are - Mētra and Mačo! Thanks to my collegues for night work ... the quality of stream should be much better as we are back to previously established system that we have much ideas and effort fevoted...

8.00 Mētra... :loveshower: fingers crossed...

Latvian forum here: http://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 025#p20025
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

good morning :hi:
I would also like to follow this nest but help, there are so many webcams right now.
Maybe now and then I will take a look

:mrgreen:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

..I have to say, nice sounds here
Already I heard the Cuckoo :whistling: I like that sound
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

Image Image

This cam really works much better!!! Thank you for the efforts :thumbs:
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

Image :shake:Image
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

13:12

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

13:13
Zooming :headroll:

one Egg ?

Black swan

Post by Black swan »

cam has an Zoomie, wow!

One egg, I think the pic's are big enough, :mrgreen:

edit: nest/egg was alone for about 20 minutes
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

13:-- Mētra is back
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

13.13 Mētra off
13.34 Mētra returned

asteria

Post by asteria »

One egg, one egg, one egg! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Was another cam turned off because of two eggs or because the eagles left the nest?

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”