Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - Mētra and Mačo 2014

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Lussi05

Re: Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - ? 2014

Post by Lussi05 »

I´m so happy to see Metra, but the egg has been alone for a very long time, hasn´t it? :unsure:

Edit: I just checked the latvian forum, and if I understand correctly (I use google translation), it was Macho on the egg all day. I agree because I thought Metra is darker. Unfortunately I think they mean that Metra has left the nest, and that Macho is trying to "save" the egg:(( Just like he did with the little chick some year ago (from the egg that was put there).
The nest is empty, but not for as long as I feared earlier.
This is really not a good year for the LSE´s :cry:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

18:25 - Macho ? (probably, according to the color) is back in the nest..
If it´s only one bird here, I hope nothing has happened to the other :unsure:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

It was great news to hear that this cam is working, but it is not good what I can read here. There seem to be real problems this year in Latvia for the eagles. I just opened the cam, one eagle is sitting on the nest, I don't know if it is Mačo or a completely different eagle. Has Mētra been seen at all? We just can wait and see what will happen.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

All this not sound good, not look good. Never seen the Mate today. No calls...
Just got up and rolled the egg... :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have just tried to also read in the Latvian forum, it seems now that Mētra returned. Google Translator is such a pain!
It seems that in Latvia, contrary to Estonia, the "mouse year" is not a good one. If it is dry additionally, then the frogs and other amphibians the eagles take home, also lack.

We can only hope that this single egg is good and whatever food is necessary is found! :unsure:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

19:30 - Bird in the nest
19:39 - Empty nest, didn´t see when the bird left the nest
19:50 - The bird returned, don´t know who it is. The color seems darker now, but the light can fool me
19:56 - I heard LSE call. It seemed to me that the call came from a bird outside of the nest, but it´s difficult to see since I don´t see the face
A cuckoo is calling, and it´s windy

19:57

I see, from Felis comment, that it´s probably Metra in the nest now. Then I think it was she who called earlier:)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I have problems with both streams, get a lot of "electronic" noise and very colourful pictures. Somehow this year the cams don't agree with my Internet connection. :bash: (hope it'll be better when I have finally switched to the new provider in June)

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

20.00 Mētra in the nest now - since 19.50... Previously we saw Mačo, he is lighter.
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

lianaliesma wrote:20.00 Mētra in the nest now - since 19.50... Previously we saw Mačo, he is lighter.
As we thought. It´s a relief to see Mētra in the nest:)

20:13

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

20:20

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

It seems unfortunately that all the day we have seen Mačo...just could not recognize in different lights... And looks like Mētra has not come to the nest :unsure: ...let us wait...

20.35 Mačo's light head... 20.38 Mačo left the nest... :unsure:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

20:51
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Egg is still alone at home, this does not look good! Image

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

21:14 cam time: an eagle arrived - too dark to see who

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

21.17 I lighted the scap to see ...seems, there is a parent... good...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, it arrived the moment I wanted to close the cam because it got too dark and the noise got too much

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

21.24 And here technician (thanks!) who also cares for the eagle family, tried to show that we can calm down for now...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thanks! :wave: It still does not reduce the worries about Mētra and it all seems like a déjà vu!

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

It's a relief to see a bird in the nest, but if it's "only" Macho (please forgive me for saying this Macho, because you are really, really doing a great job) it's no hope:((
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

tomorrow an other day, with good hope

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”