Discussion about donations

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Discussion about donations

Post by ame »

On 29 Jun 2016, 23:18 Konrad wrote:Konrad's post moved to the new topic about donations.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=859&p=482998#p482998
the above post moved by JoUK, probably, yes because the next post says so. :D
On 29 Jun 2016, 23:26 Jo UK wrote:Konrad and any else who wants to post about donations, we have moved to a nearby topic, Discussion about Donations - here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=859

Konrad, I am moving your post to that location too, and will reply to it there.

Ame, apologies for so much off-topic discussion. Please move any posts to the new topic, if you wish.
there was a lot of money-talk. :laugh:
please continue and please continue donating money for good purposes. :2thumbsup:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Jo UK wrote:I sort of remember Netscape. Maybe I used it a bit, too. Not sure.

Your idea of allowing advertising on the Youtube videos is a good one, but I am not sure that Mr. LK will approve. We can ask webmaster to investigate - if it has not already been considered. As Looduskalender pays for this forum to be ad-free, I wonder how he would feel about ads on a video stream.
The decisions about advertising, or not, rest solely with Looduskalender, not with this forum.
Yes, I didn’t think that we would start to vote about different matters among the forum users, like ordering Urmas to visit some forest one of us has seen in the satellite view of Google Maps. :laugh: Besides, I am pretty sure that some people of Kotkaklubi and Looduskalender have already thought about different possibilities to advertise in an acceptable and not annoying way.

The only new (?) thing is, that the Merikotkas stream has been sent thru Youtube for some weeks. Or do you know if Youtube has been used already in previous years? Anyway, using Youtube makes it easier to let one single video ad to be shown at the beginning, when someone opens the stream for the first time.

At the moment I would guess that the amount of the watchers has reduced, as there is mostly just a pine branch to see in live video and watching a tree is not quite the most interesting hobby in the world... :laugh:
ame

Post by ame »

Konrad wrote:... The only new (?) thing is, that the Merikotkas stream has been sent thru Youtube for some weeks. Or do you know if Youtube has been used already in previous years? Anyway, using Youtube makes it easier to let one single video ad to be shown at the beginning, when someone opens the stream for the first time.

At the moment I would guess that the amount of the watchers has reduced, as there is mostly just a pine branch to see in live video and watching a tree is not quite the most interesting hobby in the world... :laugh:
no, this is the first time that the stream has been broadcasted through the Tube.
and yes, i think that the popularity of the WTE nest camera will decrease now that the eaglets will spend more time invisible. i myself have felt like this has been a graduation week of the children: eaglets are leaving the nest. only the smallest is yet to fly away. :headroll:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

ame wrote:and yes, i think that the popularity of the WTE nest camera will decrease now that the eaglets will spend more time invisible.
I haven’t noticed this before: if you don’t open the WTE video with the normal address but go instead to Youtube and make a search with the word ”merikotkas”, you will see the amount of watchers to the right of the video picture.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=merikotkas

That number is mostly not correct, because it is not updated very often, but when you open the stream, you will see the watcher amount, which is updated all the time. Even at this moment, 9:23 on Sunday morning, 465 persons are watching Taibu (or actually 465 browsers are downloading the stream). :D Quite a large amount, when we think that the morning is at even earlier stage in many European countries...

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”