Pictures and Information about White Storks

Ciconia ciconia
Abigyl

Re: Pictures and Information about White Storks

Post by Abigyl »

Asteria :hi:

Thanks! I know all this because I'm watching them all year around, a little each day.

Poor girl with leg problem. It takes her very long to find a position to get down.

I know that they are lucky in some way, but their starting point is different.

I understand it's harder for others but that's life in nature; Look at Karl's family... from 5 members, they are only 2 left, in few months. Karula is making a world tour of fish ponds :mrgreen: Let's hope that she'll be back one day and form a family :thumbs:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

They brought back the storklet :thumbs: It looks very clean and nice :bow:

It's the first time I see a mom insisting on cleaning under baby's arm many times a day. Didn't see it with other storks and not even in this nest. :puzzled:
asteria

Post by asteria »

The day before yesterday Miki and Snehurka were somehow locked in the forest for a few days. I don't know why it was done but suppose that it is because they ate from the bowl with cut food near the stork nest. Anyway it seems strange.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

MAY 16th

Good Morning !

Yesterday the 2 eggs were taken (?). The whole season wasn't a big success. :slap:
asteria

Post by asteria »

:hi: Abigyl!

Yes, the eggs were taken away because pan Libor wrote they were bad. But they saved 5 eggs from the other stork nest where one of the parents died. Yesterday the first storklet hatched from one of those eggs and maybe they put it in H&M nest if possible.

Also Tonichkovy incubate four eggs this year but with such a "lucky" (not only in Makov) season it is hard to prevent the result.
Solo

Post by Solo »

:hi: Abigyl, asteria

Mr. Šejna: "he goes to the clinic in Kralupy, but if he doesn't solve it, he has no chance" :bow: (little storklet)
asteria

Post by asteria »

I've seen that comment, hope it will stay in Makov even in the aviary like Emilka who couldn't walk.
Solo

Post by Solo »

May 17

change
to vet clinic
adoption
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

So sad to read about this family and a big storklet :slap:

I hope they'll enjoy taking care of the 3 little ones :mrgreen:

Since we are here in the Czech Rep, I want to congratulate for the beautiful song you had on the Eurovision; it's stack in my head since yesterday: "Friend Of A Friend" :whistling:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Abigyl wrote: May 20th, 2019, 12:25 am...I hope they'll enjoy taking care of the 3 little ones :mrgreen: ...
they will be probably 4 (all from one nest) :laugh:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Solo wrote: May 20th, 2019, 10:07 am they will be probably 4 (all from one nest) :laugh:
WOW ! They are such good parents! :thumbs:

Thanks for the news.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Yesterday I opened this cam. The things are not good there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslZLpNGoAI

Four skinny storklets, one of them is very small. The parent suggested them a viper, none of the chicks was able to eat it and the parent swallowed it back. :sad:
asteria

Post by asteria »

All the four adopted storkles appear in the nest but not in the same time. I got confused with the order of taking and returning them. Perhaps Honzik and Marushka too.
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: May 21st, 2019, 4:37 pm Is that here where all the four chicks are very dirty?
http://www.mangolinkcam.com/webcams/bir ... rmany.html
not only, more nests with perished storklets :bow: :cry: :bow:
here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3137442 ... oup_header
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: May 21st, 2019, 5:32 pm Asteria :hi: ... that's Gögglingen. These 4 storks are doing well so far.
http://www.blickinsnest.de/blog/?page_id=9
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: May 21st, 2019, 5:38 pm They are as dirty as little piggies and don't look too happy. :puzzled: But yes, they are at least alive.
sova

Post by sova »

Solo wrote: May 21st, 2019, 6:27 pm
Solo .... what do you want to tell me? I do not get it

Edit; is OK
asteria

Post by asteria »

Vodnan died in Turkey on May, 12. :cry:

Will it ever stop?
asteria

Post by asteria »

"Piggy" storklets are OK and not piggy any longer.

But the only kid of Honzik and Marushka was not saved :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and some serious conflict happened in Makov guestbook because of that(all in Chech and even with GT I can't understand it for 100%).

Also I asked two times when goosander Miki would be released but no answer.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: May 21st, 2019, 6:27 pm
Solo :hi:
You have seen many white storks nests. How old were the chicks thrown out of the nest?
It would be interesting to know how much time and energy has already been invested before they deciding to reduce the brood.
Yesterday I saw a brut reduction in a white stork nest. The chick was max 2 days old. It was tiny.
It occurred to me that throwing such a tiny chick over the nest rim is a lot easier. The stork shook the chick too, as Kati did. It fell backwards on the fence. The stork took it by the leg, looked down over the nest rim, then let the chick fall.

In comparison, Kati's storklet was very big. Maybe it's the size of a chick that makes it so difficult to throw it overboard :unsure:

EDIT: I looked the video again
This bird did it without any emotion. It was like removing garbage from the nest.
There was no hesitation. He came to the nest, grabbed the chick on the feathers on the rump ... then he grabbed it with his beak on his back .. I thought he wants to eat it .. but he threw it, he failed .. then he grabbed it by the leg and shook again .. threw it
it took 27 seconds

Return to “White Storks”