Fish Camera 2018

Cax

Re: Fish Camera 2018

Post by Cax »

As it seems - "Gastie's" still in colorful wedding suit, lol.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

August 18.

Hello,

16:20
a small fish to see and mallards to hear

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
aita

Post by aita »

:hi:

one fish (about two hours recording).
aita

Post by aita »

:puzzled:
Biker

Post by Biker »

aita, great. you recorded a lamprey. thank you :thumbs:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

September 04.

12:17
Many thanks :thumbs: .

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

12:20

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

The view is clean and the first fish is back.

Cax

Post by Cax »

Great to see, that smone is cleaning the view :wave:
Very interesting to see Anguilla anguilla, swimming freely in the river. I have a quite different moment with it, on the dry land. It was the summer, we were kids, teenagers, in our summerhouse, where was the creek nearby. We went to collect wild strawberries, and I was barefoot.
Suddenly, something big, long and black was under my feet and I jumped up like on a trampoline, screaming. There were quite alot snakes, adders (Vipera berus), and I've seen a black adder in the woods as well. So I thaught, it was an adder, too, and of course I was scared.
Then a bit later some bells started to ringing in my head ... and curiosity as well, so I went back and searched the ground - no sign of the animal. And I thaught, that actually it wasn't an adder, but an Anguilla.
Bc - 1. It wasn't scaly as a snake should be - and believe me, I have seen a lot, lots of adders.
2. It was actually not shiny black as that woods' one was, but more like dark gray, and it has a back fin on it's back.
3. IF it was an adder, it probably tried to bite me, but there was no action at all (except me, lol).
4. It was far too fat for a snake (about a kg or even more), and if the snake is bit brighter by horizontally, this creature was brighter vertically. And as I said, that backfin all over it's back.
5. It went to the creek side (about 20 m to the water), and I've read, that Anguillas can move this way about the km or more - and always to the water side. Perhaps it had fallen from some fisherman's bag, I don't know, and tried to get into the water.
Anyway, very scary, yet interesting experience :slap:
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Cax, a terrible story and I hope you have overcome your childhood trauma.
Cax

Post by Cax »

Lol, it wasn't a trauma, actually, just a momentary scare, lol. That jump and scream was just a natural way of acting, if you think you just stepped on a poisonous snake. My curious, searching, scientific mind takes it (and took it then) as an interesting experience. That was an interest really, that made me think it over, and I was never afraid of adders or other snakes (adder is the only poisonous here), not back then, not ever. And after I realized (by the conclusion), that it was actually a fish, not a snake, then it was just a very funny moment :hi: No worries about me :rolleyes:
aita

Post by aita »

22:45 the beaver met the glass. :slap: :mrgreen:
aita

Post by aita »

SEPTEMBER 6
0:11

after that, the camera and light are gone. only the sound is heard.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

aita, the beaver is a otter ;-).
Cax

Post by Cax »

IceAge wrote: September 6th, 2019, 8:52 pm aita, the beaver is a otter ;-).
No, it was a beaver indeed. Look carefully the tail. And the face was also a rodent, not a predator one.
aita

Post by aita »

Sorry, my mistake. I should have done a slow video right away.
Cax

Post by Cax »

Beaver as beaver. Bright tail without fur, exactly as beaver has.
Biker

Post by Biker »

thanks aita. :wave:
yes, slow it is better to recognize.
i also had to look twice in your first clip. Was a bit startled, face to face with the master-builder, could not see at first the rodent look. same with the trowel - to quick for my tired eyes. :slap:

20:45

In the last few days the bottom is often stripy in the evenings: some perch are cavorting.

Biker

Post by Biker »

23:31

Biker

Post by Biker »

shortly before, there was a big, darkish fish was hunting/chasing, a bit hidden behind the time stamp

Return to “Fish Camera Forum”