Following Karls' Families

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Anne7

Re: Following Karls' Families

Post by Anne7 »

ORU part 3 (Today, I have to jump over the many posts. :D )

The last part of Oru's track, today.
Oru is north of Çerçili.
Çerçili (formerly Ali) is a village in Erdemli district of Mersin Province, Turkey. It is situated in the Taurus Mountains.
The distance to Erdenli is 30 kilometres and to Mersin about 66 kilometres.

His night area.

A view on Oru's night area.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1 ... s9g3=h1440
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

I am so happy to hear the news... No words. :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

My deepest thanks to Alexander, the Inspection, Sirin & everyone who helped find Aru.
Berns, you are a hero! :2thumbsup: If not for your work, I doubt Aru would have been found.
May he heal quickly.
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

sirin.by wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:54 pm Sirin people did not have a chance to go into the field (we could do that on Sat only, luckily Pinsk inspection did it today! ). So I don't have any images at the moment. We only contacted people who were there and gave you updates. But we are watching the situation and I'll keep you updated when I have more information. We will be glad to host Aru if they decide to send us the bird for rehabilitation.
Many thanks for helping us resp. Aru :2thumbsup:
I did not quite understand who Pinsk inspection is. Is it a border inspection or a nature organisation?
Anyway I am very happy that they were ready to help
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

aquiline wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:20 pm Many thanks for helping us resp. Aru :2thumbsup:
I did not quite understand who Pinsk inspection is. Is it a border inspection or a nature organisation?
Anyway I am very happy that they were ready to help
I think the Pinsk border inspection contacted the Inspector for the Protection of Flora and Fauna.
Solo

Post by Solo »

aquiline wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:20 pm...I did not quite understand who Pinsk inspection is. Is it a border inspection or a nature organisation?...
Ari19 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:31 pmI think the Pinsk border inspection contacted the Inspector for the Protection of Flora and Fauna.
Pinsk Interdistrict State Inspectorate for the Protection of Flora and Fauna under the President

"Alexandre Vintchevski связался с Пинской межрайонной госинспекцией по охране флоры и фауны при Президенте, они помогли выйти на районную инспекцию Минприроды. Завтра утром представитель инспекции готов туда выехать, им бы местного бердвотчера или орнитолога в помощь!!"
Solo

Post by Solo »

sirin.by wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:54 pm... But we are watching the situation and I'll keep you updated when I have more information. We will be glad to host Aru if they decide to send us the bird for rehabilitation.
thank you very much in advance :2thumbsup:
you do great work in your rehabilitation centre - many thanx :2thumbsup:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:

10.10 New update on the birdmap

ORU - 3950 km (+115 km), near the villages Hacıalanı and Çerçili in Turkey
KARULA - 1116 km (+21 km), Lake Eber in Turkey
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

Thank you, Solo and Ari for your explanations :2thumbsup:

Good to see that Oru is flying so well :chick:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hellem wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:55 pm 10.10 New update on the birdmap
ORU - 3950 km (+115 km), near the village Çerçili in Turkey
thanx Hellem :hi:

Hana

Post by Hana »

Good evening everyone :wave:

I am very happy that Aru was found and that he is alive. :D
Great thanks to all who helped find him. I wish so much he was well again. I keep all my fingers crossed.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Hello all together,
sirin.by wrote: October 10th, 2019, 3:01 pm Aru is found and alive!!!
we just contacted the inspector from Pinsk. His condition though is very bad. His has broken wing and is very weak. Vets are taking care of him.
Send all your love, energy and good thoughts so that Aru feels better!
:loveshower:
Aru lives!!! What a joy!

Thank you so much, friends from sirin.by, for informing us so kindly.
Berns, biggest thanks to you for initiating Aru’s rescue by these helpful people from Ministry of Natural Resources. :2thumbsup: If there is a possibility please let them know our great gratitude.
Many, many thanks, Urmas, for your care and dedication, and to all the kind people on Facebook who contacted the authorities. Without you Aru would not have been found. Thank you all for every help!

I was overwhelmed and in tears when I read in the afternoon on work that Aru was found alive. Such a relief. :bow: First tears because of Kuhankeittäjäs message, and then the information that Aru lives. I hadn't expected that.
But the joy is now mixed with great concern because of his poor health. Lying in the woods, not able to move, Aru must have been scared to death. Poor little one. :unsure:
Now he must allow human help. Hopefully he is not so fearful. But surely he will somehow realize that he will be helped by the humans.
I keep my fingers crossed strongly, dear little Aru, that you will fly again one day. You can manage it, I know.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Michi :wave:
Hellem wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:55 pm :hi:
10.10 New update on the birdmap
ORU - 3950 km (+115 km), near the villages Hacıalanı and Çerçili in Turkey
Thank you, Hellem.

And thank you too, Sova, for the weather report.

TODAY'S SUMMARY OCTOBER 10

KARULA (Hatched 20.05.2018)
Birdmap was set to spring migration and the new distance measurement started on 15.02.2019
(Total distance on 14.02.2019 = 6606 km)

Birdmap was set to autumn migration on 11.08.2019 and the new distance measurement started on 15.07.2019
(Total distance on 14.07.2019 = 3012 km)
Overall flown distance until 14.07.2019 = 9618 km

Karula arrived at Lake Eber on 17. September (= 23 days)
Last birdmap data: 10.10.2019.
Distance: 1116 km (+ 21 km in 1 day), at Lake Eber near Derekarabağ in Turkey.
Weather report on 10.10 in Derekarabağ at 10:00
Temp 2 m above the ground: 19°
Temp 500 m above the ground: 23°
Precipitation: 0 mm
Humidity: 40%
Air pressure: 1020 hPa
Clouds: in the afternoon 60% - 80%
Wind 100 m - SW (06 km/h)
Wind 250 m - SW (09 km/h)
Wind 500 m - SW (05 km/h)
Weather report on 10.10 in Derekarabağ at 15:00
Temp 2 m above the ground: 22°
Temp 500 m above the ground: 26°
Wind 100 m - W/NW (18 km/h)
Wind 250 m - W/NW (19 km/h)
Wind 500 m - W/NW (14 km/h)

ORU (Hatched 16.05.2019)
Oru started his first migration on 10.08.2019.
First update
Last birdmap data: 10.10.2019.
Distance: 3950 km (+ 115 km in 1 day), near the villages Hacıalanı and Çerçili in Turkey.

ARU (Hatched 16.05.2019)
Aru started his first migration on 17.08.2019.
(Last birdmap data: 09.10.2019. Distance: 1884 km, a little north of Borki in Belarus.)
Today, 10.10, Aru has been found alive, but in poor condition, and has been taken to veterinarians (in Pinsk?).

Good night, everyone.
:offtobed:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
remete1946

Post by remete1946 »

Solo wrote: October 10th, 2019, 7:10 pm Aru is juvenile bird - in 1cy (calendar year) - HU: 1 - elsőéves (idei, az adott évben kelt)

this man on FB (Alexandre.Vintchevski) wrote "... нашли слетка."
cлеток, слёток (Молодая птица, только что начавшая вылетать из гнезда) = fledgling (young bird that has just fledged or become capable of flying)
Dear Solo!
The words that I have been learning for 10 years are slowly coming back.
How interesting it can be for those who may not have seen or listened to the beautiful letters of the Russian alphabet before.
Thank you very much!
"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
(Mark Twain)
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

sirin.by wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:31 pm Hi! I am from sirin.by wildlife rescue center located in Minsk. Someone from you reached us out by email yesterday and I’ve read the last few pages from this forum to know the Aru’s story. Feel very anxious about him. Did I get it correctly that this is his first migration?
It is only Saturday when we can go to the area and try to look for him. I am going to watch closely all the updates here on the forum. Also will contact Alexander Vintchevski and Pinsk inspection to know the results of the day. Knowing it we will plan accordingly.
I feel after last messages that it's not likely but in case of any good chance Sirin also can host Aru if the bird would require some help.
Hello and Welcome to the forum! :gathering:

I really cannot thank you enough for responding to the email (and my deep thanks to the person who sent it. I don't know exactly who, but still: thank you!).

It so amazing to witness how people and organizations (from different countries) came to together to help our black storklet. I am very touched by everyone's kindness, may you receive it back tenfold.

Michi wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:28 pm Hello all together,

:loveshower:
Aru lives!!! What a joy!

Thank you so much, friends from sirin.by, for informing us so kindly.
Berns, biggest thanks to you for initiating Aru’s rescue by these helpful people from Ministry of Natural Resources. :2thumbsup: If there is a possibility please let them know our great gratitude.
Many, many thanks, Urmas, for your care and dedication, and to all the kind people on Facebook who contacted the authorities. Without you Aru would not have been found. Thank you all for every help!

I was overwhelmed and in tears when I read in the afternoon on work that Aru was found alive. Such a relief. :bow: First tears because of Kuhankeittäjäs message, and then the information that Aru lives. I hadn't expected that.
But the joy is now mixed with great concern because of his poor health. Lying in the woods, Aru must have been scared to death. Poor little one. :unsure:
Now he must allow human help. Hopefully he is not so fearful. But surely he will somehow realize that he will be helped by the humans.
I keep my fingers crossed strongly, dear little Aru, that you will fly again one day. You can manage it, I know.
Michi, I agree with every word that you wrote. It is a true miracle. Our sorrow has turned to joy.

We must now hope for a quick recovery, it is good to know that Aru is in good, experienced hands.
Anne7 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:51 pm ORU

Wow, Oru travels fast.
He is already in the Taurus Mountains, about 60 km away from Mersin!
What a good boy! Stay safe Oru and take care of yourself... You are nearing warzones.
We will keep fingers crossed.
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

I checked the FB group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/6942052 ... on_generic
Here are the newest comments from Alexandre Vintchevski (he very kindly is writing in English):

"yes, I know, we agreed with Deputy Head of Pinsk environmental inspection Paval Selivon, and he went and saved Aru so far. But this night is important. He is very weak"

"it is now in a state vet station in Pinsk, Belarus. It was very weak. If it survives, I can tell you his rehabilitation center. It is helpful as the centers here are struggling to survive as well. Thank you."

Aru has a hard battle before him. It sounds like he is very weak. We must hold onto hope for him.

I am thinking and trying to reconstruct what might have happened to Aru.

The strange accelerometer lines that alerted Urmas (Oct 6) must have indicated a bad fall. Perhap, Aru was flying and hit a branch (again). He had flown to the Belarusian forest with any indication of a wing injury.

The accident must have happened that morning. The accelerometer showed the transmitter to be upside down. Perhaps Aru fell down on his back or his transmitter got caught and twisted down his side or was hanging on his belly?

Anne7, on Oct 6 the transmitter showed "upside down" lines. How did the graphs look on the other days (7,8,9th)? Where the following graphs also showing upside-down data?

Oh, and! The temperature. It was absolutely right.

Have a good and restful night everyone! :offtobed: Especially Aru, get well soon.
_Olga

Post by _Olga »

Liz01 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:19 pm :shock: ...you are asking for pictures of a dead sick animal! ....I'm really shocked.
Not for me- I need no pictures. I like to read that Aru is doing better .
Liz01,
1) for photos, I asked the sirin-Center, and they do NOT have Aru for the moment.
Only in case Aru feels good enough to be transported, they will take him to their place.
2) don't get shocked so easily, at once
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

Friends, let's not get stressed out. Aru is at a veterinary center in Pinsk.
When they get a chance, I'm sure they will share photos.
For now, the priority is Aru's recovery.
We don't yet know if he made it through the night...
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

_Olga wrote: October 11th, 2019, 7:56 am
1) for photos, I asked the sirin-Center, and they do NOT have Aru for the moment.
Only in case Aru feels good enough to be transported, they will take him to their place...
I know! I also read on Facebook and I can translate Russian well.
But you asked for pictures without indication that it is sufficient to get pictures if he is healthy enough.

Good morning to all! :hi:
I hope Aru survived the night. Very weak animals are prone for a sudden dead.
We experienced it with Latvian juvenile. They were taken to the zoo to help them. They died anyway. They were too weak.

BTW: Sometimes it is better to let nature take its course.
Ari19

Post by Ari19 »

Liz01 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:18 am I know! I also read on Facebook and I can translate Russian well.
But you asked for pictures without indication that it is sufficient to get pictures if he is healthy enough.

Good morning to all! :hi:
I hope Aru survived the night. Very weak animals are prone for a sudden dead.
We experienced it with Latvian juvenile. They were taken to the zoo to help them. They died anyway. They were too weak
Liz01, GT is a lifesaver! :D

For Aru, it is a big risk. The sudden stress of captivity could affect him poorly.
I'm thinking he must have began to deteriorate a while back. He flew far on the 6th and
injured himself on the 7th. He was found on the 10th. 3 days seems too short to have weakened him so much.

I very much hoping for the best. Aru, get well!
Liz01 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:18 am BTW: Sometimes it is better to let nature take its course.
Indeed. They are wild animals after all.
asteria

Post by asteria »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6942052 ... ent_follow
Dear Aru fans, unfortunately, the stork did not survive. It refused from food, a dropper did not help. Information from Pinsk, from Pavel Selivon, inspection of the Ministry of Natural Resources. An autopsy will show the cause of death. Very sorry for the bird. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”