Pictures and Information about White Storks

Ciconia ciconia
asteria

Re: Pictures and Information about White Storks

Post by asteria »

Because it is the video about Snehurka and I commented on it. And because only Snehurka is as white as an angel, Tonik and Honzik ain't. With a great tit, sparrow or a greenfinch it would be hard to say which bird is it, but the nuthatch must be the only one here. It didn't appear after the attack but returned only next day, probably being scared.
asteria

Post by asteria »

At 12.08 today one of the seagulls in Makov slid onto the pond near the bridge and could not get off, then the camera was closed for a few minutes. After that the bridge was broken and the gull is not seen anywhere. What about the seagull, in what condition is it now? :puzzled: :unsure:
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: December 4th, 2019, 3:33 pm At 12.08 today one of the seagulls in Makov slid onto the pond near the bridge and could not get off, then the camera was closed for a few minutes. After that the bridge was broken and the gull is not seen anywhere. What about the seagull, in what condition is it now? :puzzled: :unsure:
libor, makov
středa 4. prosinec, 2019
racek bohužel uhynul. - unfortunately the seagull died :-(
asteria

Post by asteria »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

One more victim of this terrible year.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Solo wrote: December 4th, 2019, 4:59 pm libor, makov
středa 4. prosinec, 2019

I'm afraid of another seagull, ice is dangerous for healthy animals, not saying about handicaped ones. Is it possible to put it in the aviary for the winter? :cry:
Solo

Post by Solo »

December 07

DE, Pfalzstorch

Female WS named Thilo (transmitter) has decided on 29.11.19 African back home.
She strengthened again in the morning in the region Had Gharbia and then moved further north to the Moroccan coast. At about 10 o'clock she crossed the Mediterranean and reached the mainland near Tarifa at about 11 o'clock. From the Spanish coast, she flew further inland towards Vejer de la Frontera until she arrived in the vicinity of Tahivilla. Overall, she returned for her European return journey about 80km. (GT)

source: https://www.pfalzstorch.de/index.php?id=155
Hana

Post by Hana »

Solo wrote: December 7th, 2019, 3:24 pm December 07
DE, Pfalzstorch
Female WS named Thilo (transmitter) has decided on 29.11.19 African back home.
Thanks Solo :wave:
I found this report last night. I've been following Thilo since hatching. She did not like the dump in Morocco, so he returned to Europe. Maybe she will wintering in Spain :D
sova

Post by sova »

Solo wrote: December 4th, 2019, 4:59 pm libor, makov
středa 4. prosinec, 2019
Oh no, how sad :unsure: ... I really liked the two seagulls.
asteria

Post by asteria »

:cry: Sad events in Makov are going on. Today, after Snehurka caught a willow and a great tit from the birdfeeder, she is locked in the forest area until the fence is put around the feeder.
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: December 8th, 2019, 6:29 pm :cry: Sad events in Makov are going on. Today, after Snehurka caught a willow and a great tit from the birdfeeder, she is locked in the forest area until the fence is put around the feeder.
yes, not the sick greenfich :bow:

Image Image
Image Image
asteria

Post by asteria »

That sick greenfinch is very cautious and too heavy for Snehurka. She hunted a smaller bird.
Dagmar

Post by Dagmar »

All greenfinches here in my area died of a virus last year.
I hope the Makov greenfinch will recover.
asteria

Post by asteria »

They could be treated by giving them water with soluted drugs in it, but no idea how is it possible in Makov.
asteria

Post by asteria »

:mrgreen: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Today the fence was put around the birdfeeder so herons can't reach it any longer.
Dagmar

Post by Dagmar »

Good morning all here and happy winter solstice ☀
asteria

Post by asteria »

The grey heron appears in Makov every day and becomes more and more aggressive, attacking Snehurka and Sely. That is getting dangerous. :bow:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Nigeria

"Black and white Storks Available.... Anti Snakes....." - :shock: :help:

- these are not black storks, but Abdim's storks
- this young man is studying Mathematics on Kaduna State University (his profil)
- he (illegally?) trapped storks and he shortened their wings so they can't fly :cry:
- Vita and more members (also our Baska and me) have been approached by several organizations, with no response yet

Vita Zagrebacka: "Do you have mice or snakes in your yard? Get an eco-friendly solution to get rid of them! Buy the stork!
Almost three weeks ago, on December 20, we e-mailed three associations in Africa on behalf of the group, one of them is a Nigerian BirdLife partner, and reported this post asking them to react. We haven't received a response so far, and the ad is still active, so, dear members, at least you can react."
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/1285779 ... 968438647/)

:help: anyone else can help - report pls about this to your organisations and to Birdlife Nigeria: https://www.birdlife.org/africa/partner ... dation-ncf (info@ncfnigeria.org)
Solo

Post by Solo »

Solo wrote: January 9th, 2020, 3:25 pm Nigeria

"Black and white Storks Available.... Anti Snakes....." - :shock: :help:
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/1285779 ... 968438647/)

:help: anyone else can help - report pls about this to your organisations and to Birdlife Nigeria: https://www.birdlife.org/africa/partner ... dation-ncf (info@ncfnigeria.org)
the answer to SOS .. group (see in comments - link above)
https://i.postimg.cc/hvz8N3PS/SOS-answer.jpg

more here: viewtopic.php?p=705372#p705372
asteria

Post by asteria »

asteria wrote: September 8th, 2019, 11:37 am I think first of all Marushka should be treated completely, in spring get additional medicine
So, as I supposed Marushka will get 5 injections for her sick leg. The first one she got today about 10 am
https://www.facebook.com/jirka123/video ... 147294903/
visit

Post by visit »

Hello :hi:

Some of the White Storks are already back in Germany: little Webcam of a nest in BW
And there is said, that about 150 white storks have stayed in Germany this winter.

And an ornithologist had seen about 3 three weeks ago the cranes flying over Hessen, which he usually sees in March at the beginning of spring. He said, he never had seen them before so early and is really curious whether they are right and it will stay so warm or what will happen with this crazy (winter) wheather.

visit

Return to “White Storks”