Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

She hears her brother begging. :whistling:

"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

19:56 Little One allows itself some foresight.

20:08 even higher ....

20:53 and now further .... Boka leaves the parent tree in the lower part of the thicket. :innocent:

The girl was in the nest for 8.5 hours. :2thumbsup:

edit:
:rotf: Even if she is probably already as big as her mother ... no, not Boka leaves the nest but Little One. Sorry.

:wave:
Indian proverb
Dmtm2005

Post by Dmtm2005 »

Good morning :wave:

MONDAY JUNE 29th

7.43am

Nest empty at the moment, let’s see if anyone appears today.

Thanks for the reports Polly :bow:
“Never send to know for whom the bell tolls , it tolls for thee”
Polly

Post by Polly »

Well Dmtm2005, we actually have to focus mainly on hearing. It seems so. :D
Both are fine. I took out my Mickey mice again today. You only seem to go online with a cell phone? It doesn't matter if you have headphones. You can hear both teenagers. :innocent:

There are two different calls. A deep, strong and a delicate one. I don't know which sound belongs to whom but often females have the stronger organ.

It is a shame, as is so often the case, that no one actively participates here who knows for sure and can be taught. :unsure:

At 05:19 I quickly caught a call that sounded almost grown up. But it was definitely one of the teenagers. Too bad ... I couldn't rewind later.

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

June 30th

I was allowed to be sooo lazy today. :D
In fact, the teenagers could not be heard over long distances. Was it the weather? The rain was overwhelming. Nevertheless, I trust my half-healthy left ear (the right one is retired) and claim that our sweets were either lazy today or actually go hunting with their parents - outside the territory.

I just heard a short call from one of the parents at 08:54:33. That was it. :unsure:

Only a lot of crows and seagulls today. (not excited)
Could mean that our hawks were out of the house. :whistling:

What a blessing ... . :bow:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Before I delete my image memory, here are a few photos from July 12th.

A97, the girl visited her parents' nest and was clearly feeling good. She is a beautiful and confident girl. She was there again. To see and read in the Latvian neighbor forum. Well, you haven't heard teenagers begging for a long time. They seem to have found a new territory far from their parents' tree. It all happened very quickly. I am surprised how quickly these children are brought up to be independent.

:rotf: :wave:

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Nest work... . :2thumbsup:

She stayed a long time ...

...until the next morning. :innocent:

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

October 12th

After the nest suffered from a few stormy days in the last few weeks, it got a little fresh green today. :laugh:

My guess is very careful that it was Luijs. I have to learn anew to differentiate between adults. It has been a few months since I saw and compared both parents every day.

15:33 An adult hawk comes into the nest with fresh beech branches.

15:34
I reconsider my guess. The goshawk has a strong chest and the color on the back of the head is rather pale. A female ... Boka. ? :innocent:

15:34
... to clean up. :thumbs:

15:35 The hawk jumps on the parent's branch and flies away shortly afterwards.

Edit:
Of course I was a little more alert. In the past time I sporadically searched the day every day, but today after a long time I activated my headphones to find out whether our couple might be marking their territory more. Unfortunately, I was only able to catch a call once.
12:35 A hawk is calling ... the echo, of course, crows. :rotf:
Unfortunately not anymore, to my disappointment.
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

October 14th

My withdrawal is playing tricks on me today ... I looked back on the day while cooking after work and imagined that I had heard a male eagle owl. :mrgreen:

Indeed, the weather is terrible today. So observed in two other nests and also here in Northern Germany at my home. The wind does not allow one to separate noises beyond doubt. It's OK. :innocent:

To have seen the hawk two days ago was a great experience! I would have liked to hear or see Luijs too, but patience is not my word.

I keep looking.

Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

November 3rd

Can't wait to see this couple again .... Boka and Luijs test my patience but I am an astrological scorpion. :rolleyes:
Well, what I don't know ... does this camera regulate itself? This morning the camera adjusted itself with the light. Not light - more fog. The fog obscures the rear group of trees so that birds are not visible. Generally bad weather actually only allows a direct view of the nest. But that's okay. :innocent:
Currently we do not expect any breeding activity. It's still too early.

Still, I hope to hear Lui or Boka ... nothing. Hawks fly territorial flights and accompany them with calls. Probably too early for that too? In any case, Boka's visit dares hope for a new successful season.

Tit and sparrow at the same time.

A blackbird.

Greetings to the workers ... stay safe !!! :nod:
We only hear you but you are firmly integrated whether you want to or not. You would be absent.

And the dog ... even if he annoyed me at the beginning ... he's a great watchdog! I like him now. :rotf:
It is an integral part of the acoustics of the nest. :2thumbsup:
Indian proverb
sova

Post by sova »

Polly wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 5:57 pm ...
Polly ... nice to read you again. :hi:
Tell me, what's wrong with your pictures, i can't see any. Do you see her ?
Polly

Post by Polly »

Hello dear sova! :hi:

I recognized this problem with myself too. I can see the pictures with the tablet (samsung browser). With the mobile phone only with the samsung browser. If I open Chrome (which I always do because of the automatic translation), I don't see the photos. But only my photos! I see everyone else with Chrome too. :puzzled:
Unfortunately, I don't have a clever idea for a solution. I haven't changed any of the settings either. I'm so sorry. :unsure:

[img http://sjjs.de/hansbilder/images/3494St ... 150858.jpg /img]

Okay, it works as a link. (?) Still too annoying to read.

One more try. I forgot this picture. Or rather, it is not relevant either. I cannot even make out beyond any doubt which bird is sitting on the parent's branch when the blackbird comes into the nest (Dove?). He also flew away quickly. At least it's not a hawk.
If I hold down the placeholder (error message) for the photos for a long time, I can open them in the new tab. Then they will be displayed. However, this is not a permanent solution at all. It's totally exhausting for visitors and readers. So I will not post any more pictures until it works again.
Would be nice to know if others can't see my photos either.

It annoys me terribly. :puzzled:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Last off topic post ...
A huge thank you to Sebastian! :loveshower: Not a member here but my savior. :loveshower:
Somehow he did it.

Should everything work again ... . :innocent:

@sova?
Indian proverb
sova

Post by sova »

Polly wrote: November 4th, 2020, 5:19 pm Last off topic post ...
A huge thank you to Sebastian! :loveshower: Not a member here but my savior. :loveshower:
Somehow he did it.

Should everything work again ... . :innocent:

@sova?

Everything OK, Polly ... I'll see your pictures again :thumbs:
Polly

Post by Polly »

November 7th

I'm sticking to this camera but none of our hawks can be seen or heard. At least there still seems to be a steady observer. I am often in the nice company of someone else. ( :hi:)

There were a number of sweet visits from titmice, robins, blackbirds ... and yesterday two jays played around the tree. I had to take off my headphones to protect my eardrum. :laugh:

Well, I'm actually slowly expecting (hoping) more activity. More visits or at least calls.
The hawks now have their time of the beginning courtship. You should be heard. At least that. Nothing.
Instead, their actual food flies and plays and steals through the nest. They seem to feel very safe in the hawk's territory. :whistling: Yes, of course that's nice too ....

Hawks sometimes change their nests at the new season. I hope not ... not this year please. :unsure:

I stay tuned.

Supplement: November 8th

Unfortunately the stream jerks terribly. Often lately but very annoying today. I've tried on 3 devices with and without WiFi ... it's the stream, it's not my old tablet. I will break off permanent observation. So it doesn't make sense.
A pity ... Please, if you happen to hear, see or experience something ... please share it! :innocent:
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Let's go ... . :headroll:

November 11th

I don't want to adorn myself with foreign feathers and say thank you @ mega2 in the Latvian forum.
I was on duty for a long time and I would have wound, but it was easier that way. Please stay tuned. Thanks for watching and the timestamps @ mega2. Maybe I can make it up to you. :innocent:
(However, my thoughts and interpretation are free.)

After many days completely free of calls and visits to Luijs or Boka and many visits to small wild birds ..... 08:51 A hawk flies into the nest from the left. Boka mostly steers frontal to the camera and Lui is flexible. :D

The animal looks skinny. But not shabby - a youthful man? No rings.
However, the breast has good volume. I'm not sure about the male hawk

08:51

The hawk startles at the first loud noise from the industrial site and flies away in a rush. A newby .... He doesn't know the territory.
Indian proverb

Return to “Goshawks”