Estonian Black Storks Migration 2022-2023 from Birdmap

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Estonian Black Storks Migration 2021 from Birdmap

Post by Solo »

birdmap update TIMMU

previous update: 25.09.2021 - 6212 km (+10 km), sent data from his wintering place near Metema in Ethiopia (by Hellem)

TIMMU

Solo

Post by Solo »

birdmap update NURME

previous update: 25.09.2021 - 2807 km (+358 km), Nurme is travelling southwards and sent data near Vinohradne in Ukraine (by Hellem)

NURME

VIDEO: Silivri Kurfallı Mahallesi - Drone Çekim 4K by CS Drone https://youtu.be/CHK9FseIq3g

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:

27.09 Birdmap update:

Timmu - 6263 km (+51 km in 2 days), sent data from his wintering place near Metema in Ethiopia

Katrin - 1718 km (data correction) (+162 km in 2 days), stopover area, sent data near Cârlomănești in
Romania

Nurme - 3407 km (+600 km in 2 days), he is travelling southwards and sent data near
Kurfallı in Turkey :D

Lusciniole :wave:
Thank you very much for your effort and the information. The last transmitter data by Julge was 25.09, on Saturday morning.
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

28. September

Good morning!

KATRIN

Tracker map 27.09.21

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing

Total route 55 km

In Romania

Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Solo

Post by Solo »

Estonian Black Storks Migration 2021 from Birdmap
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/

(overviewlater - done)

OVERVIEW

JULGE https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 47#p831247
- previous data: 23.09.2021 (evening), distance 2722km (+ 9km); Louâtre - commune (Catifet, La Falaise, Nadon, La Vallée du Gros Chène and Violaine) in the Aisne department in Hauts-de-France in northern France
- new data: 25.09.2021 (morning), distance 2728km (+ 6km); Louâtre - commune (Catifet, La Falaise, Nadon, La Vallée du Gros Chène and Violaine) in the Aisne department in Hauts-de-France in northern France

NURME https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 06#p831506
- previous data: 25.09.2021 - 2807 km (+358 km), Nurme is travelling southwards and sent data near Vinohradne in Ukraine (by Hellem)
- new data: 27.09.2021 - 3407 km (+ 600 km/2 days), he is travelling southwards and sent data near Kurfallı in Turkey (by Hellem)

EEDI https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 91#p831391
- previous data: 25.09.2021, distance 5225 km (+160 km); dam area, Bidah Valley, Al Bahah Province, Saudi Arabia
- new data: 26.09.2021, distance 5229 km (+4 km); dam area, Bidah Valley, Al Bahah Province, Saudi Arabia

TIMMUhttps://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 05#p831505
- previous data: 25.09.2021 - 6212 km (+10 km), sent data from his wintering place near Metema in Ethiopia (by Hellem)
- new data: 27.09.2021 - 6263 km (+51 km in 2 days), sent data from his wintering place near Metema in Ethiopia (by Hellem)

+ LV - KATRIN
- previous data: 25.09.2021 - 1554 km (+35 km), stopover near Cotoroaia in Romania (by Hellem)
- new data: 27.09.2021 - 1718 km (data correction) (+162 km in 2 days), stopover area, sent data near Cârlomănești in Romania (by Hellem)

Karl II, Udu and Pikne - see the Following Karls' Families thread
Bibibu

Post by Bibibu »

Hello everyone and also to all the newcomers who are trying so hard, :wave:
I can not write much, but in between I always read at least and wonder about our adventurer Pikne, but now worry comes.
I always wonder in between if Pikne fishes on private ponds (that is, where the owners breed fish to sell). As unique as Pikne is, but to read signs I do not trust him then ;) . And so then I also wonder if the owners are so gracious and let themselves empty ponds?!

Are these fishmongers actually allowed to degenerate with electricity and if so, may it be even more deadly, for a stork.
I just want to hope that nothing could have happened to our Pikne in any respect.

But no data for days, can that still be filed under normal?!
Bibibu

Post by Bibibu »

Bibibu wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:52 pm Hello everyone and also to all the newcomers who are trying so hard, :wave:
I can not write much, but in between I always read at least and wonder about our adventurer Julge, but now worry comes.
I always wonder in between if Julge fishes on private ponds (that is, where the owners breed fish to sell). As unique as Julge is, but to read signs I do not trust him then ;) . And so then I also wonder if the owners are so gracious and let themselves empty ponds?!

Are fishmongers allowed to work with an electric fence that could possibly be dangerous for birds?!
I just want to hope that nothing could have happened to our Julge in any respect.

But no data for days, can that still be filed under normal?!
Sorry, I also do not know why I wrote Pikne, I meant of course Julge. :slap: I hope it comes across improved now

But I can not get the wrong text deleted before......sorry
Solo

Post by Solo »

Bibibu wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:57 pm... I always wonder in between if Pikne (Solo: Julge) fishes on private ponds (that is, where the owners breed fish to sell). ...
:hi: Bibibu,
we don't have a single location in this kind of ponds
:wave:

edit:
the danger is (eg in Israel) large meshes on the nets through which the owners protect their ponds and the birds are caught in them and they cannot release themselves
Bibibu

Post by Bibibu »

Solo wrote: September 28th, 2021, 3:03 pm edit:
the danger is (eg in Israel) large meshes on the nets through which the owners protect their ponds and the birds are caught in them and they cannot release themselves
ok thanks, Solo. Then that worry is off the table, but....then all we can do now is wait and hope.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I will remember that some GPS tracked devices have some times failed for several weeks and returned to transmission suddenly after a pause. Was it not the case with Julge's device that it was a question of a previously used transmitter, I mean an old one and perhaps not always 100 % functioning? Just wonder, maybe I remember wrong ...
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

Owlie wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:20 pm :hi:

I will remember that some GPS tracked devices have some times failed for several weeks and returned to transmission suddenly after a pause. Was it not the case with Julge's device that it was a question of a previously used transmitter, I mean an old one and perhaps not always 100 % functioning? Just wonder, maybe I remember wrong ...
We're all trying to come up with a theory that the problem is with technology, and Julge is again a black passenger on a ship ... maybe he turned off his GPS so he wouldn't be caught ... hopefully ... :unsure:
asteria

Post by asteria »

A few years ago black stork Valdur got his transmitter broken and stopped sending signals. Nevertheless, he returned in Estonia and Urmas saw him. Also Piret returned in 2013 with her transmitter cracked. There were some other tagged birds with non-working transmitters. But as Julge should return in Estonia only on the third year, now it is impossible to know what happened unless his transmitter starts working again.
sova

Post by sova »

Good evening to all

Waiting for the news (who knows, maybe we'll never get any news), drives me crazy.
Paike disappeared forever too ... (well, she was over the sea)

Positive thoughts....
In the area where Julge was last there are a few quarries, who knows if she infected them. She has a preference for the stone broth ...
How dirty does the transmitter have to be that it no longer sends any information ... does anyone know?

Negative thoughts ...
In Julge's last known area, there are even two railroad tracks ...
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

In France, there is an association of ONF-LPO (ONF is the Forest Office and LPO is the French Bird Life) for black storks (https://cigogne-noire.fr). In their page they have a link to a file that people that saw a BS can fill and send them with the information. Maybe it would be good to get in touch with them, and explaining what happened. If they receive any information about Julge they will say something.
Be Natural
bokkers

Post by bokkers »

garina do mar wrote: September 28th, 2021, 6:47 pm In France, there is an association of ONF-LPO (ONF is the Forest Office and LPO is the French Bird Life) for black storks (https://cigogne-noire.fr). In their page they have a link to a file that people that saw a BS can fill and send them with the information. Maybe it would be good to get in touch with them, and explaining what happened. If they receive any information about Julge they will say something.
Merci! C'est une bonne idée.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Urmas, as in any similar case, contacts those who could provide information.
If he needs help, he will contact us, as he has done in the past.

people find it difficult to bear the uncertainty and so look for (invent) various explanations that would help them understand the situation - it's natural, but I agree with bokkers, we should not do it in this forum
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

JULGE

NO
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

Solo wrote: September 28th, 2021, 7:12 pm .
Urmas, as in any similar case, contacts those who could provide information.
If he needs help, he will contact us, as he has done in the past.
Yes, the Portuguese guy that studies and works with BS in Portugal and part of Spain knows Urmas and also the people from the BS group in France and they are in touch
Be Natural
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

28.09 Birdmap update by Eedi - 5238 km (+9 km in 2 days)
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hellem wrote: September 28th, 2021, 7:59 pm:hi: 28.09 Birdmap update by Eedi - 5238 km (+9 km in 2 days)
thx Hellem :wave:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”