I knew I would miss this again, but at least we have a nice video :D
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Baiba, thank you :2thumbsup: :headroll:

Congrats to Anna & Andris 🥳🥚
17:28:43
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I will add more pics tomorrow morning! I'm tired! I'll add Baiba's post to page 1 tomorrow :bow:
pascale

Post by pascale »

:loveshower: i'm lucky I saw it live for once !

Congratulations Anna and Andris :loveshower:

:headroll:
BDrieliņi

Post by BDrieliņi »

20:50 Andris brings dinner to Anna and sees an egg for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E24nRfEjwzQ
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

BDrieliņi wrote: April 25th, 2024, 10:23 pm 20:50 Andris brings dinner to Anna and sees an egg for the first time
Baiba, you are the best :headroll: thanks a lot! :innocent:
pascale

Post by pascale »

I completely agree! Baiba is great :bow: :loveshower:
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Apr 29

15:30/31: Anna lays her second egg ....

pascale

Post by pascale »

April 30th

That's not 1 good news we know what it means...
Andris seeing 2nd egg yesterday.. be careful with this foot :shock:

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

May 09

09:20: Andris brings a huge vole for Anna:

She flies off to eat somewhere else, Andris covers the eggs.
09:42: Anna is back and immediately takes up a spruce twig.

And with another piece of spruce, she falls asleep, here at 11:08:

One of her signature behaviours, she really likes to keep a piece of spruce in her beak.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

May 27

16:30: Anna has been busy with preening and shows her two beautiful eggs:

She then continues to snooze, our "Miss Twiggy", holding a spruce twig in her beak for a while - it's almost as if she uses it as a 'pacifier', she feels very comfortable with it (maybe the fresh taste, who knows?)

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

May 31

Good Morning Zemgale :D

she is sleeping

5:44 eaglets are still in their eggs

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:53 Andris brings breakfast for his Anna :D

I really hope that I will find time for my favorite Nest :bow: Anna and Andris are an amazing and successful couple.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Juni 1st.

13:24 a drone on Anna's nest 😡
The drone operated for 2 minutes and 30 seconds and was directed towards the nest

with a horrible sound!
Anna left the nest in a great hurry

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

13:26 drone sound is gone! What a brainless idiot! . I think the way we deal with the location of nests is sometimes too careless. Not everyone who is interested in birds is also someone who means well

EDIT: video soon.. I will do a ZOOM video. I'm so angry I can hardly work.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

eggs are uncovered in the sun till 13:53.
Andris brings a prey.

13:58 he takes care for the eggs.

he covers the eggs again

No idea if Anna will come back. Thanks to drones, such things are now happening everywhere. And there are observers in the chats who want people to use drones to bring food to the nests.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

video Andris with prey for Anna

not for long and the first eaglet will hatch .. :bow:

Feja wrote:
It was not malicious, but as part of some project, without knowing about the nest. Horror!!!

thank you for the information.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

:slap:

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 10#p398310
Labdien,
mazā ērgļa ligzdas kontrole veikta plānota vēja parka sastopamās un potenciāli apdraudētās aizsargājamo putnu faunas izpētes teritorijā (konkrētā ligzda atrodas starp divām projektētajām turbīnu grupām). Šāda ligzdu inventarizācija tiek veikta visām zināmajām ligzdām izpētes teritorijā dienas plēsīgajiem putniem. Apdzīvotas ligzdas klātbūtne ir būtisks faktors attīstītāju plānotās darbības izvērtēšanā.
Ņemot vērā apsekošanas datumu, ligzdas pamešanas risks vērtēts kā zems, jo olas ir kārtīgi aizperētas un tām drīz jāšķiļas. Citām sugām, kuru ligzdas ir grūti atšķiramas no mazā ērgļa ligzdas, šobrīd jau ir samērā lieli mazuļi.
Ligzdu apsekošanai tiek izmantots neliels FPV tipa drons, kas ļauj šo kontroli veikt ļoti īsā laika brīdī t.i. mazāks traucējumus ligzdojošajiem putniem. Alternatīva metode ir piekāpšana, kas ir laikietilpīga vai arī teleskopiskās zondes izmantošana, kas ir ierobežota augstuma ziņā. Lietojot dronu novērotāja klātbūtne pie apdzīvotas ligzdas ir aptuveni 4-6 min, ieskaitot novērojuma datu reģistrēšanu.
Konkrētajai ligzdai pielidošana veikta no neliela klajumiņa aptuveni 25 metru attālumā no ligzdas koka un kameras tehniskais papildekipējums palika neieraudzīts, ja iepriekš būtu zinājis, ka tā ir aprīkota ar videokameru, tad noteikti neveiktu tās apsekošanu dabā gan, lai mazāk tiek traucēti putni, gan arī sezonā pieejamais laiks ir limitēts. Pielidojot ligzdai, sēdošo putnu ieraudzīju, īsi pirms tā izlekšanas, ligzdai pēc tam pielidots tuvāk, lai to nofotografētu - ir bilde ar nosakāmām pazīmēm, kurai ir reģistrēts uzņemšanas laiks un koordinātas.
GT:

Good afternoon,
the control of the lesser spotted eagle's nest was carried out in the study area of ​​the planned wind park's occurring and potentially endangered protected bird fauna (the particular nest is located between two designed groups of turbines). Such an inventory of nests is carried out for all known nests in the study area for diurnal birds of prey. The presence of an inhabited nest is an essential factor in the evaluation of the planned activity of the developers.
Taking into account the date of the survey, the risk of nest abandonment is assessed as low, as the eggs are well incubated and should hatch soon. Other species, whose nests are difficult to distinguish from the nest of the little eagle, now already have relatively large young.
A small FPV-type drone is used to survey the nests, which allows this control to be carried out in a very short time, i.e. less disturbance to nesting birds. An alternative method is descent, which is time-consuming, or the use of a telescopic probe, which is limited in height. When using a drone, the presence of an observer at an inhabited nest is approximately 4-6 minutes, including recording observation data.
The approach to the specific nest was made from a small clearing approximately 25 meters from the nest tree and the additional technical equipment of the camera remained unseen, if you had known in advance that it was equipped with a video camera, you would certainly not have surveyed it in nature, both in order to less disturb the birds and also in the season available time is limited. When I flew to the nest, I saw the sitting bird, shortly before it jumped out, then I flew closer to the nest to take a picture of it - there is a picture with identifiable signs, for which the shooting time and coordinates are recorded.

the risk of nest abandonment is assessed as low, as the eggs are well incubated and should hatch soon. A joke!
Anna is extremely sensitive to disturbances! She disappeared from the nest twice, even though she had a chick. Once she stayed away overnight! It has rained heavily! Little was not able to eat without help from Anna. In both cases humans were near the nest! Now there are only eggs in the nest. I'm not sure if she'll come back. How can anyone disturb this nest at this time of year? That's crazy!

That reminds me of our NABU. They count the goshawks and their young during the breeding season in Berlin. They do it in such a way that many of the chicks can be eaten by Corvids. Crows and ravens are not so sensitive when they see people. So they go to the unguarded nests and take the chicks /eggs.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

17:53:10 Anna is calling
18:00 she is calling every now and then

great Andris! :loveshower: Mouse gift is still there too.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

19:00 Andris flies away
Anna is calling from very far
19:04 he is back with a dry twig
19:04 Anna is still calling...far from the nest. :sad:

She still doesn't dare to come to the nest. :bow:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”