Latvian Golden Eagle Nest

Polly

Re: Latvian Golden Eagle Nest

Post by Polly »

Ah Liz, okay. I remember not being sure. In fact, not to this fact. I must have missed that. It's good that there are walking lexicons like you and Hellem. :rotf: :2thumbsup:

Nevertheless, Klints was fiddled a bit even after his death. Handled well ... . I felt that way.
For a long time I didn't understand that he didn't make it. Have the conditions improved? I wish it for Spilve and Grisli! :innocent:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Polly wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:58 pm ...It's good that there are walking lexicons like you and Hellem. :rotf: :2thumbsup:
Polly :rotf:
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

:wave:
Hello & Good Morning everyone!

I just take a quick look inside here, only little time...

Can it be assumed that an eagle was on the nest in the meantime when the cam was off?
I find more green on the nest this morning, maybe some twigs...

today:
yesterday:

Spilve and Grislis :thumbs:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Black swan wrote:Can it be assumed that an eagle was on the nest in the meantime when the cam was off?
I find more green on the nest this morning, maybe some twigs...
Yes, it is very likely. A Latvian observer noticed it too.
It is surprising that they managed to put a branch there without anyone noticing since the camera runs between 07:00 and 17:00 :thumbs:
handbyl

Post by handbyl »

There doesn't seem to be enough activity here to suggest they will use this nest this year, right?
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Good morning all,

We are all wondering where the eagles are and if they will come to the nest again.
Below the comment of Ugis Bergmannis about Spilve and Grislis on the Latvian forum:

(GT) Good morning, Watchers! We are all interested in where Spilve and Grislis have stayed. We can only mention it and continue to watch the nest. One thing is clear - the eagles have not been near the nest for the last week. It cannot be ruled out that the eagles have chosen one of the two other available nests in this bog or built a new nest. It cannot be ruled out that eagles will not nest and feed somewhere this year. If we see both eagles sometime in April, May and June, then it will be clear that they are not nesting this year.

Labrīt, Vērotāji! Mūs visus interesē, kur ir palikusi Spilve un Grīslis. To varam tikai minēt un turpināt vērot ligzdu. Viens ir skaidrs - pēdējās nedēļas laikā ērgļi neuzturas ligzdas tuvumā. Nevar izslēgt, ka ērgļi ir izvēlējušies kādu no divām citām pieejamajām ligzdām šajā purvā vai uzbūvējuši jaunu ligzdu. Tāpat nevar izslēgt, ka ērgļi šogad neligzdos un kaut kur barojas. Ja mēs abus ērgļus ieraudzīsim kaut kad aprīlī, maijā un jūnijā, tad gan būs skaidrs, ka tie šogad neligzdo.
handbyl

Post by handbyl »

Was that Buteo buteo at the nest around 11:55 today?

Thanks!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

handbyl wrote: March 16th, 2021, 2:37 pm Was that Buteo buteo at the nest around 11:55 today?

https://ibb.co/b6G4vHh]Image
Yes :-)
Tatyana

Post by Tatyana »

11.55 A very nice visitor - buzzard. Apparently he liked the nest. He did a little work in the nest and flew away. Or maybe it was a female? :D

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

LVM mazais ērglis Aizkuja - Lesser Spotted Eagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHfwYq8ozz0

GT:
JSC "Latvijas valsts meži" (LVM) offers an opportunity to observe the success of bird nesting in five online cameras. Anyone interested, without leaving the house, can follow the events of golden eagles, buzzard, lesser spotted eagles nests - in Bethinsala and Aizkuja, as well as enjoy unique moments and sounds that are unique to the swamp.

"The information obtained with the help of webcams is used in the preparation of scientific publications and is very important in learning about the nesting biology of birds and substantiating their protection," explains LVM senior environmental expert Uģis Bergmanis.

AS "Latvijas valsts meži" (LVM) piedāvā iespēju vērot putnu ligzdošanas sekmes piecās tiešsaistes kamerās. Ikviens interesents, neizejot no mājas, var tiešraidē sekot līdzi notikumiem klinšu ērgļu, peļu klijāna, mazo ērgļu ligzdās – Betiņsalā un Aizkujā, kā arī baudīt unikālus mirkļus un skaņas, kas raksturīgas vien purvam.

"Ar vebkameru palīdzību gūtā informācija tiek izmantota zinātnisku publikāciju gatavošanā un ir ļoti nozīmīga putnu ligzdošanas bioloģijas izzināšanā un to aizsardzības pamatošanā,” skaidro LVM vecākais vides eksperts Uģis Bergmanis.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Mach 19

:hi:

9:03 Arrival of two WTE on the nest One of them with Ring. Picture above by Nordri! :2thumbsup:

video later.. I have to download the stream
Nordri

Post by Nordri »

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Nordri wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:16 am Liz01-'ll take a photo of the tail for now)...
Nordri, :hi: sorry! I wasn't here ..
4 or 5 cameras are open on my screen. :slap: I didn’t see that you’re here either. Please leave your pictures here! Yours are usually better than mine! I take mine away and just do the video :laugh:

both eagles are scared by the camera. It seems it was a couple

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Nordri wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:16 am ..........found his twin brother https://youtu.be/C-YBQ_n25tA :headroll:
:rotf:
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

Hello, Good Morning :wave:

I woke up this morning and saw these two :mrgreen:

Time-Span 07.13.11 - 07.14.29

Nordri

Post by Nordri »

http://vfl.ru/fotos/8c52715933743955.html
H**7 = H457
and tail and behavior are the same with yesterday
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Nordri wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:49 am ......... H**7 = H457 and tail and behavior are the same with yesterday
Black swan :hi: thanks for the pics and time stamp :thumbs:

Nordri, :hi: thanks for confirmation that they were the same couple as yesterday :2thumbsup:
Perhaps they will lose their fear of the camera and take over the nest? They didn't fly far away. I heard them land nearby

This time the ringed eagle (I think it is the female) was scared by her friend :rotf:

Info by Jānis Ķuze
Labrīt!
Vakar te nolasītais H457 ir uzlikts mazulim ligzdā 05.06.2016 Sēlijā (ligzdā divi jaunie putni). Šis ir pirmais nolasījums. Interesanti, ka pieaugušie putni bija specializējušies balto stārķu medīšanā - ligzdā atradu vismaz septiņu putnu atliekas, stārķu atliekas šajā ligzdā esmu atradis arī citos gados.
Gadu vēlāk (un arī 2020. gadā) izdevās nolasīt gredzenu vienam no pieaugušajiem putniem - mātītei, kas ir gredzenota 04.06.2009. Lietuvā, 93 km attālumā no ligzdošanas vietas.

Good morning!
The H457 read here yesterday, is placed in the eaglet's nest on 05.06.2016 in Sēlija (two young birds in the nest). This is the first reading. It is interesting that the adult birds specialized in hunting white storks - I found the remains of at least seven birds in the nest, I have found the remains of storks in this nest in other years as well.
A year later (and also in 2020) I managed to read the ring to one of the adult birds - the female, which was ringed on 04.06.2009 in Lithuania, 93 km from the nesting site.

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 18#p272018
sova

Post by sova »

23. March

:hi:

Visit .... I know the eagle was already in this nest

sova

Post by sova »

flew away
sova

Post by sova »

back there and gone