Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2020

Owlie

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2020

Post by Owlie »

:hi:

A North-Finnish osprey female Salli started her migration early in the morning on 20.3.2021 from Rwanda and flew about 500 kms in two days: https://satelliitti.laji.fi/?lang=fi&id ... oom=3&loc=

Last year she started 22.3. and arrived to her home nest in North Finland on 2nd May. https://satelliitti.laji.fi/JX.1023262
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi:

Last year supposedly Iiris, and year before Ivo, was already seen in the nest the 7th April - I wonder when will the camera be installed this year? :puzzled:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 54#p719854

Happenings in early April 2019:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 59#p638859

EDIT 8th Apr: Sad that we cannot see the eventual arrivals of our friends ...
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Are there any plans to start this
camera?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Maybe there are problems with installation as we are not informed in any ways :puzzled:
Hope the ospreys allow the Kotkamen working in the nest, I guess Ivo and Iiris have already arrived, if they have made their migration.

EDIT April 10.
Maybe they forgot or decided not to connect this nest at all ... :slap:
zuza

Post by zuza »

Yes. I lost hope to see Ivo and Iiris this year. very sad. Well, we'll have to limit ourselves to British nests. Glaslin has great sound this year. and also added a camera in a very beautiful Loch of the Lowes . as well as great video in Dyfi as always. the birds have not yet returned to Loch Arkaig, but there is still hope.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

It is a pity - every year year so far has been successful in this nest! ... a happy nest. The most important nest to me personally, the one I have waited for the most every spring. It would be polite to express something to us followers ...
zuza

Post by zuza »

for me, too, this nest was the most interesting and favorite. :(
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

So this nest will not be broadcast at all, this year? :cry: What a pity, really. Such a nice nest with wonderful birds.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

Tell me please, will this camera be connected? Are looking forward to! :hi:
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

Hello osprey fans! :hi:

Hej - hej - hej .... where are all your positive vibrations? :laugh:

As long as we have not a clear and definite "NO - the camera will not go online this season" from the responsibles at Kotkaklubi, there is still hope that it will be continued, even if it should start a little late.

You surely remember last years´ difficulties with the cam, water was behind the lense and it was not sure whether the water would dry out from the cam body .... so maybe there are still some problems to tackle at this season? We will see.

So let´s think positive and wait patiently (bah!!!!) until we hear some more from Kotkaklubi. I´ve sent a request, but got no answer yet. I promise to post here as soon as get to know something :nod:

Stay tuned! :wave:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Triin

Post by Triin »

Bea wrote: April 11th, 2021, 12:41 pm ☼ ☼ ☼

Hello osprey fans! :hi:

Hej - hej - hej .... where are all your positive vibrations? :laugh:

As long as we have not a clear and definite "NO - the camera will not go online this season" from the responsibles at Kotkaklubi, there is still hope that it will be continued, even if it should start a little late.

You surely remember last years´ difficulties with the cam, water was behind the lense and it was not sure whether the water would dry out from the cam body .... so maybe there are still some problems to tackle at this season? We will see.

So let´s think positive and wait patiently (bah!!!!) until we hear some more from Kotkaklubi. I´ve sent a request, but got no answer yet. I promise to post here as soon as get to know something :nod:

Stay tuned! :wave:
The camera is "work in progress". We're a little behind schedule, but climbing trees during high wind is too much, even for Urmas.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Thank you Bea and Triin! :D

It is very nice to know something about the situation, when most of the other cams are already working, one gets worried. Sorry for worrying :blush: And thank you for the happy news that the cam is coming after all! :heart:
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Triin wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:35 pm The camera is "work in progress". We're a little behind schedule, but climbing trees during high wind is too much, even for Urmas.
:loveshower: :headroll: :2thumbsup:
Thank you Triin, Bea for such great news, so there is hope and we will see our nest.
:gathering:
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

Lena

Post by Lena »

:loveshower: :loveshower: The beginning of the broadcast can be seen in Marko's nest :rolleyes:
https://youtu.be/0LhKL81IMAU

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:loveshower: :loveshower: :hearts: :hearts:

Thankyou Kotkamen! :2thumbsup:

Ivo must be at home - the nest is already built strongly! :loveshower:
Lena

Post by Lena »

Short visit 10:07 - 10:08
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Lena wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:42 am Short visit 10:07 - 10:08
Sitting in the dead tree just now 10:50

The nest has been built very much - Ivo at home?

The nest on 27th August 2020 - https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 33#p760933

Iiris's marks :puzzled:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 16#p720016
Lena

Post by Lena »

Today
and old from the post Sappheira April 7th, 2020
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Lena wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:01 am Today
It looks like Iiris! :loveshower: It is she! :hearts:
Thank you Lena for the comparison collage and the first pictures! :thumbs:

Our beloved Ivo in with a headless fish - no Iiris in the nest, she sits in the dead tree :loveshower:

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”