Please Report Forum Errors Here

Connection Problems
Jo UK
Site Admin

Please Report Forum Errors Here

Post by Jo UK »

Webmaster has transferred as much of the old forum as possible to this new platform. He suspects there may be more to be corrected.
If you find that something is not working please report it here. It will take more than one person to find any remaining issues. Thanks for helping to get it right.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

sova posted

For me personally, the forum is now too bright.
It's very hard to see where a post starts and where it ends ... well, sections are hard to see.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

sova, I will collect any comments members make and give them to webmaster soon..
Actually, I agree with you - it is difficult to see where things are. Maybe it is just a matter of learning this new look.
Rita

Post by Rita »

The 'remember me' function for the login does not work.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Michi posted
"Please let us keep the old design. The new one is completely contourless and also much too bright."
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

I don't like this design, return it as it was. :slap:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Jo, I also prefer the previous design.
This one is really too bright and much less legible.
Please, let's revert to the old style, or something similar.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Rita wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 7:48 pm The 'remember me' function for the login does not work.
To anyone having this problem, try log out and log in again. It may be a cookie problem.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I agree with many others, the white background is far too bright. The colours of the different signs, for instance the red 'letter sign' on the unread and new posts, are too sharp. Quite unpleasant to read.
I'm not against change though..
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

There seems to be a general agreement that we prefer to return to the previous style.

Comments on this topic have been sent to webmaster. When he has time I am sure he will come to our rescue. I remember how much work it was, setting up the style of our forum, 12 years ago. so we must be prepared to wait for him.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Jo UK wrote: December 4th, 2020, 12:33 am There seems to be a general agreement that we prefer to return to the previous style.

Comments on this topic have been sent to webmaster. When he has time I am sure he will come to our rescue. I remember how much work it was, setting up the style of our forum, 12 years ago. so we must be prepared to wait for him.
For me it is not nescessary to return to the previous style. I know how much work it is to make or change a website. A different, less bright colour for the background would make a difference. Also a more visible difference between the backgound of the page and the background of the posts would make it more pleasant to read.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I think it's too early to refuse the new design.
For me it is modern, bright and friendly. :2thumbsup: Not as compact and dark as the old design.
I think it's a matter of getting used to. . I am always open to everything new. If after a while it turns out to be of no good use, I will write it down here.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

From webmaster -

Yes, old styles and designs are not working, this broke the whole new forum. It must be done again, or we can choose from themes that are as much similar as possible to old theme and then adapt it:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Jo UK wrote: December 4th, 2020, 12:49 pm From webmaster -

Yes, old styles and designs are not working, this broke the whole new forum. It must be done again, or we can choose from themes that are as much similar as possible to old theme and then adapt it:
Here you can find the available designs.
Everyone can try what they like. There aren't too many good options.

http://phpbbstyles.oo.gd/demo.php?style=3

Red Arrow. Click for style demos. BREEZE looks fine.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks Liz.
Yes, we know about that.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Jo, I thought for members to try it out :-)

For me it was just a question of whether there were any mistakes. Not a question of style. But here only the style was criticized.
Rita

Post by Rita »

I did as Jo UK suggested, i.e. logout and login again.

It did not change: It does not remember my login, although I set the hook alright.

I don't like the new design and I don't like the hassle.
Solo

Post by Solo »

not errors - my impression:
- images are larger and letters smaller (of course, I can enlarge the font in my browser)

- consider using an even larger font size - 19 pixels or 14 points (a small font size is more difficult to read, especially for older adults)
- choosing sans serif fonts is best practice when writing for the web - e.g. Arial or Verdana (some evidence suggests that serif fonts may make reading on the web more difficult)
- btw. two colors that contrast sharply to someone with normal vision may be far less distinguishable to someone with a visual disorder (older adults see less contrast between colors)
(from professional resources available on the web)

Habit is second nature. :headroll:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Rita wrote: December 4th, 2020, 1:23 pm I did as Jo UK suggested, i.e. logout and login again.

It did not change: It does not remember my login, although I set the hook alright.

I don't like the new design and I don't like the hassle.
Rita, I had the same problem. It seemed to put itself right after about the 8th login.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

We have a blue design now! :D

I personaly like this much more than the white design. The texts are also easier to read. :2thumbsup:
And the posts are easier to distinguish.

Thank you, webmaster. :wave:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg

Return to “Are the Webcams, Looduskalender or the Forum offline?”