Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2021

sova

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2021

Post by sova »

:hi: Sappheira .... I would like to thank you for your patience, your perseverance .... you were almost alone and you did a great job!
One thing I will never forget ... there were many beautiful moments on this nest, I certainly haven't seen a lot BUT .... do you remember .... Iiris and the never ending worm? :rotf: How relish she ate it ... it was great to watch your video.

Neighbor .... I wish you a good time, take care of yourself and hopefully in the next season :wave:
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

sova :wave: :rolleyes:
Thank you very much for such warming words.
Тhe season was very interesting, full of various events, I discovered a lot of new things and, of course, I would like to say goodbye to our dear osprey and wish them an easy flight to the south.

I would very much like to meet next season, dear neighbors! :chick:

The camera went off, but I still have a lot of interesting moments recorded that I did not have time to post here.
I think I will post some videos, so come here later, not in March, but earlier.

I didn't post this video here, but let's see together how our dear Ingar or # 1 skillfully coped with two fish.
Recorded 14/08/2021.

mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
Hello neighbour! :wave:

Thank you very much, Sappheira. Great video, great moment! :2thumbsup: :laugh:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Thank you for that video, it makes me laugh. :rotf:
For one moment I thought it goes over bord, the poor fish was still very alive.
His sibling waits in respectfully distance, no fight for the second fish. :D
But after departure from brother she grabbed the fish. Nice scenes!

And how sova wrote, thank you very much for moderation that topic, it was my first one in the forum. Maybe do you can remember me a bit!

Good wishes for you! :wave:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Birdfriend, mogga :wave:
Of course, I remember you very well, everyone who came here since 2016 (this is my first season), wrote here, posted photos and videos.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Gavril
sova
Hellem
Bea
Cessie
Berit tjernberg
Owlie
seira
IceAge
Liz01
lispet
Chimega
elisabetta-pamina
ame
Sunshine
Jenny
Summi
Polly
and many others

I think we all remember how Ivo brought fish, and we all wrote about it in turn, how many people, so many times the information was repeated about the same fish. :D
This year, all visitors gathered in a chat under the video, wrote there in different languages, got acquainted, communicated. This suggests that we really need these streams. For many people who look at what is happening on the nests.
I very very very much hope that we will meet next year and later. :gathering:
Polly

Post by Polly »

...die sich anschauen, was auf den Nestern passiert.
Ich hoffe sehr , dass wir uns nächstes Jahr und später treffen werden.
We will definitely read each other again ... see ... feel with each other, write or just read each other in silence.

Thank you for thinking about me. :innocent:

My time here in the forum started with sea eagles. Sulvi, that sweet little girl ... I lost my heart to Bubo. This treasure is still in my mind almost every day. Bubo turned my euphoria and the joyful fun into thoughtfulness. I started to doubt ... get angry. I began to search and fathom why agile animals are unable to reproduce healthily or find partners. This time, this nest created thoughtfulness out of sheer joy.

Teo ... our matador :innocent: ... like all of our osprey nests.
At some point, I began to see not just for the sake of passing the time and for joy. I understood that we can of course see something wonderful here, but that every day can be an end.

I understood that we are not seeing a sweet documentary about cappuccino here, but the daily struggle for our animals' existence.

I hope that every day we will find an opportunity to tell our fellow human beings ... to convey what we have to do better. That we do our part to make this world more livable for our animals.

That we also learn not to judge individual animals but to understand and accept nature, provided that it still functions as such.

That we all value our animals. Really all.

Except for mosquitoes and ticks. Sorry. :D

A safe time for our animals and all of you.

And thank you for all the time and effort here .

Those who do not document themselves on a daily basis have no idea what kind of management and juggling with family life and job is behind it. Anyway, I know.

By the way, gladly. :nod:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Polly :wave:
How well you wrote, from the heart.
I agree that I came here in search of interesting time, to gain knowledge, and now it is endless joy, love for the world of birds, our dear ospreys, which have become real pets, so distant, but so close.

My acquaintance with their world began with the appearance on the nest of an unfamiliar male with the letters ED on the ring.
I remember how everyone was worried that Irma's partner had not returned, but for me everything was new, unfamiliar, unknown. And I remember very well what admiration this nameless osprey, who later received the name Ivo, aroused in me.

Irma, such a caring and wonderful mother.

Such funny and beautiful their common chick Ivar.

And how long the months lasted until the start of the new season, and how everyone together rejoiced at the return of Irma and Ivo to the nest.

Let me show you one video here, it's old, but I love it so much. This is Ivar, the chick that is always on my avatar and in my heart.
Recorded on 26/07/2016

Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Hello, dear friends of all birds and animals! :hi:
Sappheira, thank you for the work done this season. In my opinion, for such work it is necessary to have a certain courage, taking into account last year's tragedies in the nests.

Of course, I also remember all the birds that I have been watching since 2012. My heart aches for the hardworking caring Teo, who has not been too lucky lately! I hope that the osprey Ulla still raises cheerful chicks, and a kind of Uldis...not flown to Ulla...just a frivolous and unfaithful husband! :innocent: I often think about my beloved family Madis and Piret and hope (still!) to see the chicks Uno, Elo and Nori someday. This is only possible if the direct streams are not disabled in the future. :help:

Thank you all, dear friends, for your warm comments. It's nice to know that we all understand each other.

Thank you to Sappheira for the video with young Ivar! This is a very touching video. I started to cry! And this again plunged me into pleasant memories....

:wave:
lispet

Post by lispet »

Thank you Kotkaklubi, Urmas and all!
Thank you Looduskalender and moderators!
Thank you forum members!
:wave: Until we meet again!
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Many thanks to all. Hopefully we will see us again next season :wave: .
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Sirage

Post by Sirage »

Thank you all for this season. I'll be here again next spring. :loveshower:
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
Thank you for the video with Ivar, Sappheira. I didn't meet him, I joined the looduskalender forum in 2017.
Sappheira wrote: August 29th, 2021, 12:27 am ...
My acquaintance with their world began with the appearance on the nest of an unfamiliar male with the letters ED on the ring.
I remember how everyone was worried that Irma's partner had not returned, but for me everything was new, unfamiliar, unknown. And I remember very well what admiration this nameless osprey, who later received the name Ivo, aroused in me.

Irma, such a caring and wonderful mother.
I made a video of Irma's last appearances on the Nest in 2018. At that time, no one knew that Irma would not return in 2019.

In 2019, Iiris came. Ivo is still here on the nest in Tartumaa after so many years. That is remarkable and great!

The video about Irma came to my attention today when I was browsing my youtube channel. If anyone wants to watch it:

Let's hope that next year we can watch the ospreys again, on both nests. Let's hope that the cameras will continue to run. :chick:
Summi

Post by Summi »

:hi:

Thank you, Sappheira for the great video about Ivar falling asleep. And when he woke up didn't understand where he was as in his dream he was diving for fish!
You watch it with joy and tears at the same time.

Thank you, mogga for the tribute to Irma video. Again a very touching moment.

Thank you all, dear friends for your love, the greatest and most beautiful feeling we can redouble by sharing! I send my love to all of you.

:loveshower:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

mogga wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:23 pm °°°

Let's hope that next year we can watch the ospreys again, on both nests. Let's hope that the cameras will continue to run. :chick:
Thank you very much for this great work! :thumbs:
I watched Irma for the first time in 2013, in that season she lost the youngest chick Khaari. It was very sad for me, I observed for the first time a bird live cam.
Irma was an special personality. She had a craggy voice (sometimes really loud). :D

I remember me, that she almost never brought fish to her offsprings. That was a task only for the males.
In your summary is also good to see, that she was also able to snap up the fish, although a youngster want it too.

I guess Iiris would never do that, she brings big fishes to her kiddos also to the nest. She supported Ivo so.

However, so all have their own behave and character. Only it's right so. :nod:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
elisabetta-pamina

Post by elisabetta-pamina »

Sappheira wrote: August 28th, 2021, 10:34 pm Birdfriend, mogga :wave:
Of course, I remember you very well, everyone who came here since 2016 (this is my first season), wrote here, posted photos and videos.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Gavril
sova
Hellem
Bea
Cessie
Berit tjernberg
Owlie
seira
IceAge
Liz01
lispet
Chimega
elisabetta-pamina
ame
Sunshine
Jenny
Summi
Polly
and many others

I think we all remember how Ivo brought fish, and we all wrote about it in turn, how many people, so many times the information was repeated about the same fish. :D
This year, all visitors gathered in a chat under the video, wrote there in different languages, got acquainted, communicated. This suggests that we really need these streams. For many people who look at what is happening on the nests.
I very very very much hope that we will meet next year and later. :gathering:
Hello, this season has been lovely and fortunate enough, compared to the previous. We are still worried for Covid, but something seems to get better. My wish is to "meet" here again next year, for a future better still. I have been following this Forum for many years. First only watching, later registered, and every year it has been my favourite company. Always on during the day, at home and at work. All my colleagues know the voices of OUR birds! They well know when it is "time for fish" ;-) Now they have left and, strange but not too much...I feel so lonely.

Thank you all for your pics, comments, news, videos. Let's be happy and hopeful.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi:

Thank you Sappheira for a great season and your diligent work, it has really been a pleasure to follow the thread :heart:

Thank you Mogga for a touching video of Irma. :thumbs:

This was the very first nest I began with 2013 and got addicted, mourned over Ilmar and Irma and the lost chicks in their time, enjoyed Joosep, Ivo and Iiris in their time - and hope many happy years with Ivo and Iiris and great future for all the offspring of this nest! :shake:

Have a nice winter season all osprey friends! :hearts:
Lena

Post by Lena »

Hello everyone! :hi: Another season has ended for "our" birds and for us. It is a pity that we could not see the last days before the migration. :cry: A fair wind and a lot of fish for our ospreys! Thank you all for the comments, beautiful photos and videos, news. See you in the new season! :wave:
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

How nice to see so many people here and to know that this little osprey family has united us. :gathering:

I am still waiting for the camera to turn on and we will see the chicks and Ivo that come here in September as well.

And Iiris has probably already flown away. Easy road to you, dear. :rolleyes:
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

Thanks to all reporters for the photo, video, news and for good communication on the forum. I watched this nest since 2013. And to a fast date in the spring 2022! :loveshower: :gathering:
pazi

Post by pazi »

No goshawk incidents this year! That's definitely a plus in my book.
Also Ivo again proved to be the master fisherman he is. Splendid work.

See you all again next spring!

-p

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”