Uhu Webcam (Germany, Eifel) 2022/2023/2024

Ferenz

Re: Uhu Webcam (Germany, Eifel) 2022

Post by Ferenz »

Archive photo from 2022, 13 June Uhu perching on a tree near the nest...

https://uhu.webcam.pixtura.de/archiv/ar ... uni%202022

From Diary 2022,13 June > Stefan Brüchers video of two owlets

https://uhu.webcam.pixtura.de/tagebuch/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WfX7oiuEg

Bea

Post by Bea »

Yessss, that´s what we can call good news, can´t we? :loveshower:

I had never given up hope for this season, that Lotte had found a place that she considers as a "safer place" to lay eggs and raise owlets :headroll:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Polly

Post by Polly »

This is very refreshing and wonderful news!

Thanks @Bea!
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
sova

Post by sova »

:hi:
Thanks for the good news, I'm very happy.
....but are we sure that these are Lotte *children* ?

edit;
I have read articles
Bea

Post by Bea »

Polly wrote: June 20th, 2022, 5:08 pm This is very refreshing and wonderful news!
Thanks @Bea!
Oh, I had nothing to do with it this time, Polly - except keeping hope high :D

Stefan Brücher, Romy and Ferenz brought the good news in :headroll:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Last two evenings (I started listening around 21 o`clock) I could hear owlets/s hissing and begging very close, they must really be pretty close around the corner. But I didn´t notice sounds of a delivery, but I stopped listening around midnight.
romy

Post by romy »

July 03

owlet :puzzled:

romy

Post by romy »

July 04

05.30 owlet :loveshower:

romy

Post by romy »

July 05

both owlets explore the surroundings, sorry for the size but it's so rare this year

there is already a video on https://uhu.webcam.pixtura.de/
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello Uhu lovers :hi:

Please be careful and check twice when you log in to Looduskalender forum nowadays, there is a
Security Alert

viewtopic.php?t=1089
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello everyone :hi:

Yesterday, 06. October, 23:26, a rustle could be heard and a well known visitor appeared :rolleyes:

Checking the edge of the ledge, near the dry bush
Bea

Post by Bea »

Checked the other side, the 'stairs' upside there

Bea

Post by Bea »

... back to the edge

... and then disappeared direction behind the cam
Bea

Post by Bea »

Back again after a minute, checking the nest bowl

Bea

Post by Bea »

Climbing up to the entrance ...

Bea

Post by Bea »

... and away it was

Some minutes later a dry branch fell down (from the dry bush?), but I saw no one coming in cam view again.

So we know, that 'they' are still around here ..... :faint:
romy

Post by romy »

New message from S.Brücher. They want to install a camera on the other site. The young owls are still to be heard. The autumn courtship has not started yet.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hi romy :hi:

I´ve just read it - a promising announcement, isn´t it?

https://uhu.webcam.pixtura.de/herbstbalz-4/
Biker

Post by Biker »

:headroll:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Bea

Post by Bea »

Available until 25.11.2022

Sorry, in German only ...

Die Eifel und ihre Eulen-Hüter | GEO Reportage | ARTE

Eulen, die Könige der Nacht, sind lautlose Jäger – und doch zahlreichen Gefahren ausgesetzt. Engagierten Eulenschützern ist es zu verdanken, dass sich die Population in Deutschland und Europa langsam erholt. Doch was so einfach klingt, ist eine Aufgabe, in der viel Herzblut steckt. Der Film stellt Wildvogelpflegestationen und Eulenhüter im Rheinland und der Eifel vor.

Eulen! Im Mittelalter gefürchtet als Hexenvögel und Todesboten, seit jeher aber auch verehrt als Symbole der Weisheit und als Glücksbringer. Heute sind die nachtaktiven Vögel wieder auf dem Vormarsch und in ganz Europa streng geschützt. Es gibt 13 europäische Eulenarten. Die kleinste ist der sehr seltene Sperlingskauz, die größte der Uhu mit einer Flügelspannweite von bis zu 1,70 Metern. In der Eifel lebt der dichteste und am besten untersuchte Uhu-Bestand Deutschlands. Dank engagierter und leidenschaftlicher „Eulenhüter“.
Mitte des 20 Jahrhunderts war der Uhu fast vollständig ausgerottet. Als Konkurrent der Jägerschaft wurde er rigoros bejagt, aus Aberglaube an Scheunentore genagelt, seine Jungen gestohlen und verkauft. Inzwischen gibt es ihn wieder zahlreich auch in Deutschland. Stefan Brücher betreut seit über 40 Jahren die Uhus der Eifel – inzwischen 164 Brutpaare. Wenn der Frühling kommt, stehen für den Uhu-Schützer arbeitsreiche Monate an, es beginnt die Brutzeit. Sein Ziel ist es nicht nur, den Bestand wiederaufzubauen, sondern auch dafür zu sorgen, dass die Gefahren für alle Eulen erkannt und minimiert werden.
Er seilt sich an Felswänden ab und klettert auf Feuerleitern, um junge Uhus zu beringen. Auch um kranke oder verwaiste Jungtiere kümmert er sich, liefert sie in Pflegestellen ein. Ein junger Uhu mit hängenden Flügeln bekommt in der Wildvogelpflegestation Kirchwald eine zweite Chance. Immer wieder finden aber auch Spaziergänger oder Anwohner hilfsbedürftige Eulen.
Eine von Rabenvögeln verletzte Steinkauz-Mutter und ihre Kinder finden Hilfe bei Sylvia Urbaniak, Mitgründerin der Greifvogelhilfe Rheinland. Hingebungsvoll päppelt sie die ihre Findlinge wieder auf, um ihnen schließlich ein zweites Leben in Freiheit zu schenken. Auch Peter Müller und seine Frau Rita sind seit Jahrzehnten leidenschaftliche Eulenhüter. Ihrem unermüdlichen Engagement ist zu verdanken, dass die Steinkäuze im Kreis Euskirchen wieder Nistplätze und geeignete Jagdreviere finden.
Was die Zukunft für die Uhus angeht, ist Stefan Brücher vorsichtig optimistisch: „Die Uhus werden in der Eifel überleben, da bin ich mir eigentlich sicher, was spannender ist, ist wie es drum herum ist. Die Eifel ist ja schon ein Stück Welt, das, ich sag mal Uhus produziert, die in alle Himmelsrichtungen fliegen und ob in Holland, Belgien und Frankreich irgendwann die Uhus wieder relativ normal sein werden, das hoffe ich, aber ich weiß es nicht“.

Reportage von Maja Dielhenn (D 2021, 32 Min)
Verfügbar bis zum 25.11.2022

- - -

Translation with Google translator
Owls, the kings of the night, are silent hunters - and yet exposed to numerous dangers. It is thanks to committed owl protectors that the population in Germany and Europe is slowly recovering. But what sounds so simple is a task that takes a lot of heart and soul. The film presents wild bird sanctuaries and owl keepers in the Rhineland and the Eifel.

Owls! Feared in the Middle Ages as witches' birds and harbingers of death, but has always been revered as symbols of wisdom and lucky charms. Today, the nocturnal birds are on the rise again and are strictly protected across Europe. There are 13 European owl species. The smallest is the very rare pygmy owl, the largest is the eagle owl with a wingspan of up to 1.70 meters. The densest and best-studied population of eagle owls in Germany lives in the Eifel. Thanks to committed and passionate "owl keepers".
In the middle of the 20th century the eagle owl was almost completely extinct. As a competitor to the hunters, he was rigorously hunted down, nailed to barn doors out of superstition, his young stolen and sold. In the meantime, there are numerous of them again in Germany. Stefan Brücher has been looking after the owls of the Eifel for more than 40 years - meanwhile 164 breeding pairs. When spring comes, there are busy months for the eagle owl protector, the breeding season begins. His goal is not only to rebuild the population, but also to ensure that the dangers to all owls are identified and minimized.
He abseils down rock faces and climbs fire escapes to ring young owls. He also takes care of sick or orphaned young animals and delivers them to foster homes. A young owl with drooping wings gets a second chance at the Kirchwald wild bird sanctuary. Again and again, walkers or residents find needy owls.
A mother little owl injured by corvids and her children find help from Sylvia Urbaniak, co-founder of the Rhineland Birds of Prey Aid. She feeds her boulders with devotion, in order to finally give them a second life in freedom. Peter Müller and his wife Rita have also been passionate owl keepers for decades. It is thanks to their tireless commitment that the little owls in the district of Euskirchen can find nesting sites and suitable hunting grounds again.
As far as the future of the owls is concerned, Stefan Brücher is cautiously optimistic: "The owls will survive in the Eifel, I'm actually sure of that, what's more exciting is what it's like around there. The Eifel is a part of the world that, let me say, produces owls that fly in all directions and whether in Holland, Belgium and France the owls will be relatively normal again at some point, I hope, but I don't know."

Return to “Owls”