Estonian White-tailed Sea Eagle Nest Camera 2022

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Susanne

Re: Estonian White-tailed Sea Eagle Nest Camera 2022

Post by Susanne »

10:03: Cuckoo calling (funny: I have no cuckoo in my neighbourhood - Southern Bavaria - but you hear and sometimes see them at almost every webcam-site. They have all migrated to the Baltic states, it seems :laugh: )
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Since roughly about 10:50, the cam is turned off.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

approx. 18:00: Cam back. Off again 18:20-18:40.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

July 1

Good morning to all!

Cam transmission started around 06:00. No WTEs, but a wood pigeon on the p-branch at around 09:35. (And still there at 09:58.)
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

A Great Tit visits the nest:

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

July 02.

Hello,
the camera works until 12:00, but no WTE to be seen.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

July 05.

Hello,
many small birds around the nest during the day.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

July 6

Good morning to all, good morning Matsalu!

.... and finally, not only small birds - but one of our big ones, too :headroll: :
04:03: E 340 arrives on the nest. He shoves the twig with the dry leaves here and there, then lies down in the bowl for a short while.
04:25: After having done his PS on the p-branch, he flies off, straight ahead, then circling to the right. Have a nice day, my friend!

Askja

Post by Askja »

Good afternoon Susanne and all friends :wave: ,
thank you all for your work here even though there is no breeding. After two months of absence I'm glad to find the cam still on and the nest still busy.

I happened to jump into the stream just when a lusty PS went down to the far right behind the tree trunks...

04:06

A few seconds later the hidden (unringed) bird joined E 340 in the nest, and the two picked the nest ground together for a while.

04:06

At 04:09 E 340 made ready to leave, while the unringed lady(?) had made herself comfy in the nest, staying until 04:24.

04:09 / 04:22
“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
Askja

Post by Askja »

04:22 Finally she(?) hopped onto the p-branch...

...so, it wasn't E 340 after all who left at 04:25
:wink:
“Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” (G. Kowalski) Caveat: Apart from this remarkable sentence I do not agree with his philosophies.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

:slap: :D Thank you so much, Askja! I shouldn't watch (eyes half-closed) at a quarter past 5 in the morning- no, no, no ...
So, both were there- how great! We call the female here 'Smiley' due to the 'smiley' marks she had on her tail. (I think her marks are changing a little due to moult.) So, let's call this a perfect eagle day (= 2 on the nest, alive and kicking).
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

...and the eagle day continues. Cam was off from - roughly - 12:00-18:00, and when it turned on, what have we got? An eagle on the p-branch!

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

18:18 ff.: The eagle scratched its head -I didn't see any rings, the ankles were fleshy enough for a female - guess: it's 'Smiley'.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

18:50 ff.: She had been busy with preening. Now she is really, really tired and, after four big yawns, begins to nap on the p-branch.

19:54: Nice poop-shot!
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

20:47: Eagle yoga and PS - ah, so relaxing! 'Smiley' had preened herself again, there goes a feather, and still is on the p-branch, continuing her preening business.

Quite artistic:

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

21:05: The transmission is stuttering a little. :wave: for now!
21:30 f.: 'Smiley' leaves - there is a break in the transmission, so we cannot see in which direction she flew.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

July 7

Good morning to all!

No WTEs (yet), but a pair of blackbirds discover the nest in the morning. First, the male examines the nest (especially the rims), later the female does a more thorough inspection. She even moves the twig with the dry leaves and turns things upside down, blackbird-like.

sova

Post by sova »

08. July

:hi:
08:40 - ...... - great tit invasion, nuthatch

sova

Post by sova »

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

Good morning to all!

Thank you Sova for the pics.! :thumbs: I also tried to capture this 'friendly invasion' (which is quite impossible, since they are so quick and swift)- there were many Great Tits, some Blue Tits, the nuthatch, of course. And a woodpecker, yippieh! :2thumbsup:

<Same here at my feeding place: it's the -at least - second (or n-th) clutch of Great Tits, not begging anymore, but accompanying their parents to promising places :D >

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”