Fund Raising in Support of Estonian Eagle Club - Kotkaklubi

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Fund Raising in Support of Estonian Eagle Club - Kotkaklubi

Post by Jo UK »

As a result of a recent rescue mission to recover some black stork chicks from a nest in North Estonia, many members expressed a wish to donate to Kotkaklubi, to support their essential work. Eagle Club members need funds for various activites, some routine and predictable, but sometimes there is an unexpected and urgent need for funds to be availabel. Such things as fuel for vehicles, replacement parts for a camera and its connections, climbing gear and other safety needs. All costs money. The only thing free is Kotkaklubi's devotion to the eagles and black storks of Estonia.

Please donate on the Leetchi website, here -

http://www.leetchi.com/c/kotkaklubi

Not everone is happy to use a public fund-raising site and so donations can be made to the Kotkaklubi donations account -
KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN: EE182200221040359778
BIC: HABAEE2X
Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia Street,15040 Tallinn, Estonia

Thank you for all that you do. We know that our donations will be used according to the moral and legal standards of the Estonian Eagle Club.
Evelyna

Post by Evelyna »

Hello friendly People
since I have only PAYPAL I cant make my Donation. No creditcard no Visa only Bank :cry: :cry:
I am new here with Karl 2 and his Familie. I did Donations earlier for the Eagles.
You have my Email so let me know what I can do :help:
All the best to yall and Good Luck to K A R L Yours Evelyna P Germany

PS love your Smilies :wave:
Evelyna

Post by Evelyna »

Oh great I see the IBAN great :loveshower: Evelyna
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Evelyna wrote: September 7th, 2022, 4:26 pm ....
Evelyna :wave: great to see you here :D
you can donate directly! here -
KOTKAKLUBI
IBAN: EE182200221040359778
BIC: HABAEE2X
Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia Street,15040 Tallinn, Estonia

and as far as I know Jo UK can help you. she has a paypal account. She can also transfer it directly to Kotkaklubi
Evelyna

Post by Evelyna »

Donation is done ! :slap: Evelyna
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liz01 wrote: September 7th, 2022, 4:34 pm
and as far as I know Jo UK can help you. she has a paypal account. She can also transfer it directly to Kotkaklubi
Thanks, LIz. I had sent PM to Evelyna with the same.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

The Leetchi fund raising page has been closed now, as Urmas would like to use the funds for a new camera on a Black Stork nest in Western Estonia.

Total funds raised were €4,222
Fees: €122.43

Leetchi will take 2.9% so that leaves €4,099.57.

Leetchi's office is in France so perhaps it is late in their working day to begin the process now.

I will post any updates here.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

There has been some delay in processing the transfer of funds. Leetchi has changed its requirements for proof of eligibility to receive funds. As this is a very busy time for Kotkaklubi members to be out and about in forests, nests, cameras, etc, spending time in the office to find necessary dcouments is not a priority. Our birds are hurrying back from their winter migration and all must be prepared for them.
We are trying to find a simpler way around this situation - let's see what happens.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

There was no simpler way to do this!
Leetchi insisted on having a "certifed translation" of the Articles of Association of Non-Profit Organisation Kotkaklubi.
So I used London Translation Services, Ltd.. and have sent it to Leetchi.
Maybe we can finish this after Easter.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Jo UK wrote: April 7th, 2023, 2:48 pm There was no simpler way to do this!...
Jo, what a hassle! :slap: thank you for your effort. :2thumbsup:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I wonder how much longer this can be dragged on? E-mail from Leetchi this morning - they want yet more. This time it is
"After checking with our Compliance department, the translation has been accepted, however we just need the original statutes signed and dated."
I dread having to send to Urmas all of these delays, but I must! In E-stonia there are no paper documents with written signatures and stamps. Anyone wanting to look up the Statutes of Kotkaklubi can do it. Urmas wrote -

All documents about Kotkaklubi are available in e-Business Register of Estonian Republic (English version):

https://ariregister.rik.ee/eng/company/ ... b=statutes

scrolling down there is tab named Articles of association, newest (12.12.2018) statute is original and is valid. Everybody could download it - easy and safe. Digital documents are much more tamper proof as paper versions.

In case of changes in statute, we have to apply the change in register. After checking the formalities new version will be uploaded by the Centre of Registers and Information Systems. Nowhere are needed papers or written signatures or stamps, only personal ID card of the member of management board and Internet.
----------------------------------

I said I would keep us all updated. We could begin a poll on how much longer before the Eagle Club gets its Leetchi Money Pot!
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi: Jo, it already seems that Leetchy is always looking for and finding new reasons not to transfer money to Kotkaklubi. Is it possible under UK law that they keep the money belonging to Kotkaklubi? After all, this is a scam in the sense of Estonian laws. :unsure:
Thank you for your effort.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hellem, I can cetainly sympathise with your viewpoint. Also, I have to remember that we first used Leetchi many years ago. I looked into their operating techniques then and found them to be the most suitable for our purposes, compared with other fund-raising sites. Their rules are more amenable - we can stop or change the end-date without restriction. We can aim for and maybe not achieve, a specific sum, yet still receive the funds. Other sites insist on us reaching the exact sum required or they will return each donation to the contributor.
Over the years since our first use of Leetchi, laws have changed. UK law will not apply as Leetchi is a French-owned company. Each country has its own Financial Conduct Authority and Leetchi became controlled buy the French version of that authority in 2019. I did not know that when we started the current fund-raiser. So much of this delay is, perhaps, my fault for not looking more carefully into current law and also it is caused by the change in French law itself.

I just hope that this French company will be able to understand Estonia's paper-free administration. If not, I don't know what will happen. The current Money Pot is worth waiting for - nearly 4,000 euro. But rather late for Urmas to buy a camera for this year? ("Nearly 4,000" because the certified translation had to be paid for, first.)
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

Jo, thank you for the explanations. The situation is absolutely unbelievable and depressing :slap: . Let's hope that Kotkalubi still gets its money.
:wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

It is the most frustrating thing I have to deal with just now - that, and finding an electrician who will work before July!
I am sure that Kotkaklubi will, one day, receive the funds.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

At last, after - how many weeks sisnce February 22nd - Leetchi tell me that they will transfer funds direct to Kotkaklubi, within 48 hours!

The only thing that seemed to finalise the deal was when I sent them screen shots from the European Business Register, to show thaat Kotkaklubi is properly registerd. They have not insisted on "signed, dated, stamped document" as last week.

This story is finished now :loveshower: :gathering: :loveshower: :bounce: :headroll:
Maybe that is too many smilies!
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

Oh, finally :loveshower:
Jo, thank you very much for your effort, the whole process was very nerve wracking for you :2thumbsup:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Yes, Hellem, it was becoming so. But now, a great weight has been lifted!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

:hi:

Do you know about restrictions when making a money transfer from America? I have indicated the normal transfer to Kotkalubi account so far.

If that doesn't work, I would have to provide another option.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hi Liz :hi:
The most recent contributor from USA used my Paypal account. Then I transferred it to my bank account, then on to Kotkaklubi. It is not an economic way to do it - we lost some of the money with each exchange rate conversion and bank charges ( US dollars to UK currency. Then UK currency to Euro.) But a fair proporton of the donation arrives at Kotkaklubi. IF you can find a better way, please tell me!

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”