Kip

Re: White Stork on Beleef de Lente

Post by Kip »

First egg 29/3

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

:wave:

Why did they change the site?

It's not the storks from Ankeveen nest anymore. This season, it's a nest from Gennep and it's in the city center.
Kip

Post by Kip »

:hi:

Yes it's Gennep in Limburg

Google translate:

For variety -also has chosen the stork for a different place than the previous years. This time, no tree, no post, but a nest on top of a building. The stork has sought traditionally urban areas to nest.
Kip

Post by Kip »

Second egg 30/3

Kip

Post by Kip »

Third egg 1/4

Kip

Post by Kip »

Fourth egg 4/4

Kip

Post by Kip »

Five eggs :D

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

May 17, 2015

22.00 4 storklets in the nest

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

May 19, 2015

http://kocser.hu/golyakamera

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Kip

Post by Kip »

:smile: They are doing well

Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

KIP,

They are well but very dirty all the time, I'v never seen before "black" white storks.

I pray every day for the youngest on the nest; Hope it'll grow up like his siblings
and stay till it's time to fly.
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

26.May
21:51 The 4.little chick from his/him siblings aggressiv attacked. It break my heart. It is so sad to see that. :faint:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

27.May

The little stork chick has again over stand one day. :unsure:
In the morning it was attacked from one parent. :cry:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

28.May black day for me

It is so difficult for me to write this. The little chick, hatched at 4. May is died. It was my little hero. :cry:
The chick had so fights every day. He ate and make shot poop, but he was so small against his siblings. Today in the morning his Mom takes him out of the nest and she him falling down. It gives a video about this. Sometimes the nature is cruel. :shock:
Maybe, the little chick will not fledge here. Nobody know that.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Birdfriend - I was just watching what is going on in the nest and was looking for this little one. I was so sad when I saw it in the nest before - something seemed to be wrong with "it" - food was there enough but what was it? Since I did not find the "baby" I tried to translate what was written with the videos. And since I saw the little one yesterday still between the other ones I watched the latest video and saw what happened. It seems so bad, but for a mother it will be the only way - a very hard one. I believe anything with the legs was not okay and Mom decided to put the little one out of the nest. When storklets are sick I noticed this more often. It is the only way to keep others healthy. I remember years ago it was raining so much and one after another storklet kept a cold (like I would say, not knowing the right words). And one storklet after another one was thrown out.
It will be over the rainbow bridge now and will be lucky living with other ones.
Let us hope that the other storklets will stay healthy and leave the nest when it is their time.
Bleggi :hi:
It was very windy just now and hard to stand there.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Bleggi , TY very much for information. Sad...
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Telling about the storklet of Beleef de Lente, that was thrown out of the nest yesterday. It was found on the roof gutter and someone took it from there with a very long ladder. I could not find out what was wrong with the little one but I know now and will tell it to the sad friends who follow the cam - the little one was burried on a place where others were put also before. It is near the place the storks are often for spending their day, looking for food etc.
(Sorry that I cannot explain it better, my english is not so good).
Yesterday in the evening I was watching an American Bald Eagle cam - watching the ringing of an eaglet. It was taken out of the nest very tenderly and carefully, but died at once in the arms of the Dr. who had ringed some hours ago another eaglet and before that many more of them. They will make a biopsy of the sweetie.
We have to live with such sad events, too. May there are many enjoyable ones in the future.
Thanks to all those people who care and spend their time to give us the possibility to learn more about animals.
Image Image
This is the building where the nest is and they took the little one off the roof. Second pic is from this morning. :hi:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Thank you, Bleggi for this information. Every day I looked to him. I must think often on the little storklet. :faint:
For me the little chick looked not bad. He was only much small.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Birdfriend: Yes, the little one was even smaller as they had thought it. This was written that the people told about it after saving it from the roof.
This picture is taken this morning and everything seems to be okay. Hope it conitues that way.
Image :hi:
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

5 june 2015- 20h50- :wave:
Good day !
Yoko

Return to “White Storks”