Webcam 2 information

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
peepsilvi

Webcam 2 information

Post by peepsilvi »

We have been feeding the wild boar on this site for 20 years. Usually 15–35 pigs have come here daily. There have never been so many “visitors “ in our feeding site as this year, when our “visitors” have already eaten 30 tons of food.We believe it is because of the deep snow this winter. In order to find other feeding sites the pigs would have to waste a lot of energy and they do not want to take the risk. We know 3–4 feeding sites in the range of 10 kilometres, but pigs hardly ever go there. Our place is popular because the animals never get disappointed here, they always find plenty of food and there is no hunting. Many of the feeding sites stop feeding after the hunting season is over.

The man enjoying the company of the wild boar is the owner of the farm and the place. He loves to take photos of the animals. Some of the photos are really fantastic. You need a lot of patience, though, to get a really good picture. Later, in spring and summer the pigs will not come here and it is quite difficult to find them in the forest. I have sometimes sat among the pigs myself, too. It is quite a thrilling experience. You can see the wild boar at a short distance, look in the animal’s eye, watch the expression in its face – I find it hard to explain the feelings of those monents in words, one has to experience it oneself. But the wild boar are actually quite timid. It takes time for them to get used to your presence. As soon as you show up in different clothes, they are gone.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Peep is one of the "food-bringers"

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/6122
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Please can someone post a picture of the land-owner sitting among the boar? Thanks.
Olga

Post by Olga »

:thumbs: the 16th March and 19th March

Here are three pictures from me:

One example how the pigs escape in two seconds when the watcher stands up :wave: :

There are several more nice pictures of the landowner among the boars. Here is a fine 'living' picture to see (I can't copy it) - I wish I could make same kind of pics!

viewtopic.php?p=63045#p63045

And there are videos too, here:

viewtopic.php?p=62928#p62928
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thank you, Olga. Good choices!
abvgd

Post by abvgd »

Olga wrote: Here is a fine 'living' picture to see (I can't copy it):
Obviously, she is with child and very defensive. I'll subdue her with this large piece of wood. (c) Raccoon Willie
garina do mar

Post by garina do mar »

I have no pics but have a video :whistling:
[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxN-km9U5VM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxN-km9U5VM&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Be Natural
BuffyLOL

Post by BuffyLOL »

Amazing pictures, thank you for the care you give to these amazing and beautiful animals. :D

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”