Lesser Spotted Eagle 2010 ~ Eha & Koit

asteria

Re: Lesser Spotted Eagle 2010

Post by asteria »

9.05 Empty nest
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
sunnygirl

Post by sunnygirl »

At last here again. No egss yet ??? Something wrong ?
Many questions :blush:
asteria

Post by asteria »

No idea is that wrong or right but Koit&Eha decided not to breed this year, exactly like two years ago.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Is it because there is not enough food this year? Fewer frogs? Or maybe they have a "rest year" for some reason?
sunnygirl

Post by sunnygirl »

Ok. thank you about information.
The nest is empty also now.
But one LSE is sitting in Black Storks nest :whistling:
Mew

Post by Mew »

I keep looking - and hoping for another glimpse........
alice44

Post by alice44 »

These two birds certainly mated but ...

Given what we have seen here it is amazing that this species seems to be doing quite well.
oliv

Post by oliv »

Jo UK wrote:Is it because there is not enough food this year? Fewer frogs? Or maybe they have a "rest year" for some reason?
When I look at Klaara and Klaus and their struggling I am thinking that LSE are wery clever. It isn`t enough with food now. I miss Spot a lot. I know they took prov and I am wondering what sex it was and where she (?) is . I think it was a female :rolleyes: . So lowely and brave!
NatureNut

Post by NatureNut »

Saw eagle in the nest calling on 5-20 at about 9:50 AM. Read that the male (Koit?) has very long legs as this one did, but it turned around so couldn't get a picture showing this. It flew to the branch behind the nest and shortly it left.
Mew

Post by Mew »

oliv wrote: When I look at Klaara and Klaus and their struggling I am thinking that LSE are wery clever. It isn`t enough with food now. I miss Spot a lot. I know they took prov and I am wondering what sex it was and where she (?) is . I think it was a female :rolleyes: . So lowely and brave!
In the meantime (with no birds), Oliv - who is Spot and what was the story? Please do elucidate.
oliv

Post by oliv »

Mew wrote: In the meantime (with no birds), Oliv - who is Spot and what was the story? Please do elucidate.
Spot is Eha och Koits chick from last year. It was very charmy and when the migration began Spot was find in the wood vid a hurt wing. After they cured "her" at the hospital she began her migration. After that we know nothing.
(Remember my English is awful) But I give you a pic of Spot:
Albina

Post by Albina »

So wonderful eagle! Please, Olive, tell me whether Spot was really banded as in the picture? Is it possible to trace migration of this eagle? I am new to this forum and don't know the history of her/his life.
oliv

Post by oliv »

Albina wrote:So wonderful eagle! Please, Olive, tell me whether Spot was really banded as in the picture? Is it possible to trace migration of this eagle? I am new to this forum and don't know the history of her/his life.
Spot is ringed. We could see it here . It was an adventure. A kind man did it. But Spot hasn`t a sender so we can not follow her/ his travel.
Mew

Post by Mew »

'She' is beautiful! Thank you, Oliv - and your English is very good! If it is intelligible, it is very good and yours is completely intelligible. So - it is just fine! Yours, too, Albina. I know no Ukrainian (or Swediisih) and I can write only a very, very little Russian (and about two words in Norwegian). So to me, all your English is brilliant!
Albina

Post by Albina »

Mew wrote:'She' is beautiful! Thank you, Oliv - and your English is very good! If it is intelligible, it is very good and yours is completely intelligible. So - it is just fine! Yours, too, Albina. I know no Ukrainian (or Swediisih) and I can write only a very, very little Russian (and about two words in Norwegian). So to me, all your English is brilliant!
Thank you, Mew! I was so glad to find these cameras and have so close veiws of a black stork, spotted eagles, wild boars. Thank you all for this site and forums! :hi:
Mew

Post by Mew »

Albina wrote: Thank you, Mew! I was so glad to find these cameras and have so close veiws of a black stork, spotted eagles, wild boars. Thank you all for this site and forums! :hi:
Hello, Albina - and, for anyone trying to learn English, sorry that should have been 'Swedish'!
oliv

Post by oliv »

http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kotkas.html
Here you can see a film . A few minutes in to it is a family like Eha, Koit and Spot. I haven`t seen it before and is very glad I find it.
Look for Konnakotkas. There they are.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Albina wrote:So wonderful eagle! Please, Olive, tell me whether Spot was really banded as in the picture? Is it possible to trace migration of this eagle? I am new to this forum and don't know the history of her/his life.
Albina and everybody else who might be new to Eha's and Koits life (Hello, btw :wave: ):
[url=mms://video.eenet.ee/2009/kk2009-07-12.asf]here is a video [/url] from when Spot was ringed last year by Joosep Tuvi from Eagle Club.
And here is an article about it, and at the end, a link to a translation of what Joosep says when he is ringing Spot (he did it very gently and skilfully!)
Albina

Post by Albina »

Thank you, Oliv and Liis! I'll watch the videos and read the article - it'll be interesting to find out more about Spot and see the process of ringing :bounce:
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

:wave: Liis, thank you so much for providing the link to Spot's banding for our new (and old) friends to see: I think this is my 3rd viewing, and I'd forgotten about the video. I love watching Joosep's calm and gentle skill, and reading his commentary. It's a wonder that he manages to climb the tree and balance himself at the nest, using and replacing the many pieces of his gear. Spot was so adorable while bravely facing "scary, scary" Joosep! I suppose he could be considered looking very fearful; I prefer to think of his open-mouthed, wing-spread pose as looking brave, and trying to appear fearsome :laugh: !! I will always remember being unprepared (having not remembered the scheduled day) for sitting down at my computer last year and seeing Joosep's head (or I think it was Renno!) right there at Sulli and Kluti's nest, seemingly out-of-the-blue...I was truly stunned to find him there :faint:. And then he left something behind that day (his notebook maybe?), and had to climb back up :slap:. Kluti and Sulli were pretty docile, which surprised me, but it did seem to take forever for Linda to come back to them; it took many slightly worrisome hours for her to appear. I hope so very much that we will be able to watch the new WTE kids (they probably won't be babies any longer :cry: ) get ringed, which I think would be scheduled pretty soon. OH DEAR. Fingers crossed for next week's potential cam miracle. It is almost next week!
I so enjoyed seeing the interesting film, as well...thank you again for posting these things.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”