Wild Boar Webcam Discussion 2010 - 2011

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
Jo UK
Site Admin

Wild Boar Webcam Discussion 2010 - 2011

Post by Jo UK »

Looduskalender article about this season's Wild Boar webcam activites.
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/8999

Webcam link
mms://tv.eenet.ee/siga
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Please feel free to post any wild boar-related comments here.
It may help to ease the waiting time!
peter1957

Post by peter1957 »

also waiting for the camera's to start running, showing beautiful wild boar :sleeping:
poccoen

Post by poccoen »

Bloody h....... an other weekend whitout the pig :blush:
ladyhawk

Post by ladyhawk »

...still waiting,and waiting... :unsure:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Someone told me that there is something on Facebook, in Estonian, about possible delays, or problems with pig cam Can Estonian members look, please, and tell us what is written there? It may be something that has not yet been posted to the English language page.

Is it here?
http://www.facebook.com/looduskalender
Obs_erver

Post by Obs_erver »

Hi Jo!

Using google translator, I'd found this from facebook:

2010 Pig Camera looks, however, the ground from freezing, which usually takes place in early December.

But translating from eestikeelest I would say: Pig camera is waiting the ground freezing, which normally happens beginning of december....

Finnish and Estonian languages are related, so ... :rolleyes:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

OK, Obs-erver. Thanks for that. I get the sense of it.

Waiting. Waiting - - - -
Kata

Post by Kata »

Obs_erver wrote:Hi Jo!

2010 Pig Camera looks, however, the ground from freezing, which usually takes place in early December.

But translating from eestikeelest I would say: Pig camera is waiting the ground freezing, which normally happens beginning of december....

I think this info is from last season... there is a status that said: There are still problems with the forest-cam(pig-cam), for example, grain prices have doubled since last year, etc., but we will soon try to get all working.
Hope that they put the cam on soon...i cant wait to see piggies :loveshower:
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ~Albert Einstein
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Just a little news to say that there is hope for us webcam addicts, but there is a bit more delay.

The cables and antenna were damaged in the August hurricane and the system needs to be replaced. Urmas will do that at his earliest opportunity. He has other obligations, reports to write, and so on, that take priority to his time, but we know he is our friend.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I can't help wondering how much of a problem there is in getting food this year. How much food was used last year? We know that a lot was donated. Can anyone find information about this?
edziks111

Post by edziks111 »

Obs_erver wrote:Hi Jo!

thx for infotmation :thumbs: but now is early December (and how i read somewere then every year cam was opened at 11th Dec) so i hope that day will come soon
Arkturus

Post by Arkturus »

Wildboars are pretty good at digging snow off and grazing stuff to eat from ground in the winter, but ground freezing is one thing that makes boars' living much more difficult.

Though this year I'm not sure if the ground ended up freezing very deep cause the snows came so early and example southern Finland has now up to 50cm of snow (little above 1,5ft) which is all-times record for December and I think north Estonia has about equal snow thickness.
(Newspapers has told about "Snow catastrophe in Estonia" in past couple of days)

Snow thickness makes the boars (and deers and other big herbivoral animals) living difficult, but I think this year the way uplifted prices of grain is the main reason for Sigacam delays, not ground unfreezeness.

Last winter I counted 56 boars from cam 2 screenshots. I wonder how many wee see this winter?
edziks111

Post by edziks111 »

Arkturus

Post by Arkturus »

If I understood right the BoarCam begins airing after Christmas, propably in the days before New Year(?)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

What does it say?
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Jo UK wrote: What does it say?
Jo, I gotta giggle -- using google translate it is hard to know, just what it might say

"Winter feral doings begin to introduce in the coming weeks via a webcam, a preacher in the woods with a credible peace of Christmas."

But my guess would be that it is not really saying that the cams will open after Christmas -- just some time in the next few weeks.

It is a lovely picture.
jabiru71

Post by jabiru71 »

Here is a Swedish eagle-camera... Something to do while we are waiting for the pigs.
http://www.webbkameror.se/djurkameror/s ... _2_640.php
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

alice44 wrote: Jo, I gotta giggle -- using google translate it is hard to know, just what it might say

"Winter feral doings begin to introduce in the coming weeks via a webcam, a preacher in the woods with a credible peace of Christmas."

But my guess would be that it is not really saying that the cams will open after Christmas -- just some time in the next few weeks.

It is a lovely picture.
LOL - "A credible peace!"

The hunters' Association has a No Hunting Policy which they name Christmas Peace, which starts on 21st December. I forget how long it lasts - maybe till New Year? Someone in Estonia, please correct me.

I think Google is hinting that the webcam may start on or near to the Christmas Peace time.
That part about the "preacher in the woods" is baffling!
I am sure Liis will put us right, when she has time to translate.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

It will be interesting to see how it comes out when a real human works on it. My sense is that the cam is like a preacher from the woods -- bringing us brotherly feelings.
Oh dear...

I have been editing knitting diagrams on the computer and my mind has left my body.

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”