Wild Boar Webcam Discussion 2010 - 2011

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
ame

Re: Wild Boar Webcam Discussion 2010 - 2011

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote:.... This afternoon I heard that when ravens find meat (like at the eagle feeding ground) they can haul off 2-4 pounds in a day (almost 2 kilos) and hide it in forks in trees. I guess that explains how the meat left for the eagles disappeared so fast.
and how the bread disappeared from here, especially the toast! :D i'd like to see their larder! :mrgreen:

last night the cat insisted to go out even though it was raining. while i was waiting for her to return i had a glimpse on the feeding ground and i managed to see two raccoon dogs there. :rolleyes:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Ravens are on and off during the afternoon ... they like to stand ON the food :D
And they are digging and selecting the grains with their beaks ..... there seem to be grains tasting better than others :laugh:
One of them was out of the picture and must have been closest to the microphone - he made a terrible cry and i nearly jumped off my chair here .... 8-)

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

23:06
the wounded boar is here again - the big one on the left
Image :hi:
23:21
is it a "he"?
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hi Bleggi,

maybe it is not a fresh wound .... perhaps "only" a bald area after a longer ago fight or so .....?
Venegor took a picture of this boar, too, a couple of days ago .... and nothing seems to have changed meanwhile ...
Bea

Post by Bea »

venegor wrote::puzzled: In the picture centre the large wild boar has on a back, possibly, a wound. Interestingly that happens with it?
This is venegors´ picture from March, 27th ....
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Bea: Either I did not see this picture of venegor or I have forgotten it. First died my brother and then a neighbour - I am very puzzled at the moment.
I also perhaps took the wrong word for this boar: He is not wounded but perhaps hurt some time ago. I don't know this language well. Anyway I am suffering with this animal when I see him/her.
Regards from Bleggi :hi:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:unsure: Bleggi, I am sorry you had deaths recently. To lose a brother & then too, a neighbor. It is very sad & I wish you well. Observing the animals on these cams & elsewhere helps me when I am sad. I am glad you are concerned about the boar. Perhaps the word you are searching for is, a scar from a recent wound. And perhaps watching the little American eagle chick hatching might give you a smile for a few moments. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=278
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

food has been delivered. the are piles of grain or pellets or acorns around the muddy ground in the centre of the arena. Mait or whoever it has been hasn't wanted to poor the food in the mud. :thumbs:
but there are no birds or other animals there yet....

Bleggi: i'm sorry to hear about your losses. :unsure: even one would be enough to upset anyone, not to mention two. i wish you courage to get over it and go on.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Food is ready, there's also one visitor already

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
venegor

Post by venegor »

Quiet supper of wild boars
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

A new day - 11:02 - with two visitors
the deer spent only about 3 minutes
:hi: Bleggi

to Kitty, ame and bea!
Thank you for your kind words. When I am able to open the cams (sometimes my laptop is striking), then my thoughts are happy. I am not alone, together with you and the animals and I feel much more better :loveshower: . Thank you :hi:
venegor

Post by venegor »

Were distributed in the places
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

venegor wrote:Quiet supper of wild boars
Yes, I also think the pigs on this cam are less noisy.

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

alice44

Post by alice44 »

:loveshower:

Saturday 9 April

Munching pigs in the morning light.

alice44

Post by alice44 »

I am hearing lots of bird calls. I am pretty sure some of them are buzzards, but is there something that sounds a bit like a buzzard but isn't one?
ame

Post by ame »

alice44 wrote:I am hearing lots of bird calls. I am pretty sure some of them are buzzards, but is there something that sounds a bit like a buzzard but isn't one?
yes, jays can make mewing voices, too. they are good imitators, but i'm not sure do they imitate this voice or is it inherent to them.

here's a clip which i made as a couple of whooping swans flew over. :rolleyes: there's a jay, too, near the camera and it is singing there quietly. also a chaffinch sings a verse or two there. a bit further there's a blackbird's warning in the forest.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I heard them but I did not know what they were.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

13:37
some small birds
I opened the cam for some hours now but didn't meet a deer for having lunch 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

i had a peek at 14.50 but the camera was off... :unsure:
earlier in the morning it was rather windy here.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The cam was off for a while, but it's back and the ground was covered with hay. Maybe to dry it up a little? No spa or wellness for the piggies.
But maybe the food is hidden under it? Easter is around the corner ....
And yes, it's very windy, all cams I have looked in so far. But even here we have rather windy days.

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”