Wild Boar Webcam 2 Discussion 2011

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
Bleggi

Re: Wild Boar Webcam 2 Discussion 2011

Post by Bleggi »

Yes Alice, it is a jay. Nice to see, that the cam is still open :D . Greetings from here
Bleggi

11:04 Do I hear bees in the background or are this flies between the birds? Last year we had a bee-cam here after the wildboar-cam had closed. Was this at the same place?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

21:03 Boars were here - one is left like often :D
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

In all this excitement, the first pigs have arrived, the cam is still open :headroll:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

21:46
When I see the small boar in the middle I suppose that many boars have got piglets in autumn again or during last summertime. Boars can have babies during the whole year. Perhaps it is the normal way to get the piglets in early springtime, but when I saw the first smaller ones when the cam opened I was wondering about the stripes which were to see so clear. Normally they loose the stripes after about six month (I don't know exactly) or a bit less and get a lighter brown hair - is different from region to region. Perhaps it is the cause that there are less piglets in the wood this spring?
But - please - this is my mind and idea - I am always thinking about life of this animals because we have many of them in our woods and farmers and hunters are in great sorrows about the bad things the boars make in fields and on trees, too.
:hi: Bleggi
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Considering the different size of the pigs (Überläufer), I guess they are born during different times of the year.

My colleague, who lives in a very small village and knows lots of farmers and also hunters, and I were talking already a few times about this topic (when I look at the cameras in office, he can see, so I have told him about them). Basically we agree that the many problems created by the pigs (over here) are due to the fact that agriculture becomes more and more an industrial way of growing things. What they (the farmers) grow is mostly plants which grow fast and bring lots of money. Like corn (Mais) which has become a big factor for bio gas (and as I guess E10) and this is something which pigs love. There are gigantic fields only with corn, or rapeseed, year after year, and the pigs are feasting in them and hiding in them and naturally the number grows. Have you ever heard of wild boars outside some small specific areas some 20, 30 years back? Spessart was famous for them, but I have not heard of wild boars in the area where I grew up.
I won't talk about hunting, I have seen it was also discussed here, I better not read those things, as I have my views about that, but let me add, that my colleague said, that most of the boars the hunters shoot can't be used for human consumption as, 30 years after Chernobyl, they still are highly polluted with radiation!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

alice44

Post by alice44 »

I have heard that the corn fields have definitely encouraged too many pigs. And of course makes farmers angry.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, and some try to keep them out with loud music :mrgreen:

:offtobed: I'll be off now, my alarm clock will wake me up very early tomorrow and I think I have to settle down a bit before turning lights off. :wave: Good night to you all!

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A jay pecks for breakfast, & some KBVs join him. I am glad the boar cam is not off yet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

15:52 cam is still open and somebody drove through the place
Image :hi:
greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

15:57 CET

Thank you Peep.

I am happy about every day the cam is working
I like boars.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

greeneyes wrote:
I am happy about every day the cam is working
me too :laugh:
I'm back from vacation

a few small birds
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

18:51

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

19:34 - many birds, but what kind?
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

hi bleggi

I googled.
I think it's this one

COMMON CHAFFINCH
( in German --Buchfink )

http://www.xeno-canto.org/recording.php?XC=76197

Here is a link where you can find bird names and translate
http://www.knutas.com/birdsearch/
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

21:14

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It's so difficult to really see those small birds, the cam is not really focused and the birds are so small. But since I also think I saw blue on them, it might be a chaffinch/Buchfink http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchfink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaffinch

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Pigs are arriving
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

22:24

22:52
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

They make a funny crunching noise today - did Peep bring them crunchies? :laugh:

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Felis silvestris wrote:It's so difficult to really see those small birds, the cam is not really focused and the birds are so small. But since I also think I saw blue on them, it might be a chaffinch/Buchfink http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchfink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaffinch
many bird sounds on the front page :laugh:
http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”