Estonian Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam 2011 ~ Eha & Koit

Lussi05

Re: Estonian Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam 2011.

Post by Lussi05 »

alice44 wrote:This seems a little dangerous as eagles have been here recently.
Huff.... you are right Alice :slap:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Lussi05 wrote: Huff.... you are right Alice :slap:
But don't they look rather sweet?
ame

Post by ame »

isn't this really a spring of surprises!! :laugh:
it's almost like the game where there are one chair less than players. the chairs are placed in a circle and the players walk around them as long a song lasts. then everybody tries to sit down on the closest chair. the player who is left without a chair is dropped out. then one chair is taken away and the song begins again.... :mrgreen:
(is the game called the musical chairs? :puzzled: i can't remember a proper name for this game in Finnish... :blush: )
it's round three at the WTEs nest ang the second round is beginning here. :laugh:

there's no-one in the nest now. has anyone seen the eagles here after last Friday, the 29th? and has the nest been empty since that? and was today the first time the pidgeons were here? so many questions...
ame

Post by ame »

the wood pidgeons are already in the LK front page. :D
http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/10116
if i understand the text it says that "the wood pidgeon is a genuine forest bird". well, it used to be. :nod:
nowadays, within the last ten years or so wood pidgeons have spread their territories strongly into cities, especially in the suburban areas and even in downtown areas. this is the case at least in southern Finland.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

They should be better thinking about what they are about to do :faint:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

ame wrote:isn't this really a spring of surprises!!
it's almost like the game where there are one chair less than players. the chairs are placed in a circle and the players walk around them as long a song lasts. then everybody tries to sit down on the closest chair. the player who is left without a chair is dropped out. then one chair is taken away and the song begins again.... :mrgreen:
(is the game called the musical chairs? :puzzled: i can't remember a proper name for this game in Finnish... :blush: )
it's round three at the WTEs nest ang the second round is beginning here. :laugh:

there's no-one in the nest now. has anyone seen the eagles here after last Friday, the 29th? and has the nest been empty since that? and was today the first time the pidgeons were here? so many questions...
In norwegian we call the game -stol leken- chair game.
I have been checking this nest regulary every day, and I have not seen Eha or Koit since those last pictures was taken.This is the first time I have seen the pigeons here. Anyone who can think of why Eha and Koit decides not to incubate this year either, the other two couples does. Has it something to do with food..i do hope that nothing have happend to any of them..maybe it is usual that they skip two years in a row..it is so many things.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

In norwegian we call the game -stol leken- chair game.
In German the game is called "Reise nach Jerusalem" (journey to Jerusalem) but don't ask me why. Musical chairs, or also stol leken sounds much more logic to me.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

ame wrote:isn't this really a spring of surprises!! :laugh:
in Wikipedia I found this in Finnish: Tuolileikki. It means "musical chairs" :D
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Lussi05 wrote:08:18

The happy couple are working hard :nod:

:slap: Oy vey!! What now, then, another nest? Nothing surprises me anymore! :rolleyes: I hope they have better luck than poor Maisy.

Edit, 4:40-- No pigeons, yet!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

may 5- 07:28
Good morning :hi:
No wood Pigeons this morning.
ame

Post by ame »

Bleggi wrote: in Wikipedia I found this in Finnish: Tuolileikki. It means "musical chairs" :D
oh it was that simple. :slap: it means "a game with chairs". tuoli is chair and leikki is game. -i'm too old to remember names of games any more... :laugh:

no pidgeons today then? remembering what happened at the WTE nest yesterday it's maybe just better if the pidgeons stayed away from here! :faint:
ergee

Post by ergee »

In the Netherlands it is called: Stoelendans,
Danish: Stoledans...

No pigeons seen last 2 days...
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

This morning, Urmas posted on the Black Stork nest topic -

We are planning the replacement of power system 'brain', to exchange with Lesser Spoted Eagle system 'brain'. But can't say now, when it could happen - there is quite difficult logistic and we can act on place only in darkness (better some windy night). Also we need to take fresh batteries with (about 40kg each...).

It seems unlikey that we shall see chicks of any species on this nest, so it is a logical move!

Gosh, the adventures these Kotkaklubi members have!
asteria

Post by asteria »

Jo UK wrote:This morning, Urmas posted on the Black Stork nest topic -

We are planning the replacement of power system 'brain', to exchange with Lesser Spoted Eagle system 'brain'. But can't say now, when it could happen - there is quite difficult logistic and we can act on place only in darkness (better some windy night). Also we need to take fresh batteries with (about 40kg each...).

It seems unlikey that we shall see chicks of any species on this nest, so it is a logical move!

Gosh, the adventures these Kotkaklubi members have!
If it was possible to take one egg from former BS nest, put it in this nest and suggest Eha to incubate it...
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I will be sorry to lose this cam when the "brain" is taken away. I like to watch it sometimes just because it is so peaceful. I like how the branches that hang down at the back sway in the breeze. And although the LSEs are not using it this year, I am 98% convinced they are nesting somewhere close by, because when I stay with this cam for more than just a few minutes at a time, I hear them calling back & forth to each other. :loveshower:
Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave:

Liis

Post by Liis »

ergee wrote:In the Netherlands it is called: Stoelendans,
Danish: Stoledans...

No pigeons seen last 2 days...
Musical chairs - Hela havet stormar = Stormy sea in Swedish.
Didn't find any Estonian name in English/Estonian nor in Swedish/Estonian dictionaries.
:help: , please, Estonian members!
ihtus

Post by ihtus »

Liis wrote: Musical chairs - Hela havet stormar = Stormy sea in Swedish.
Didn't find any Estonian name in English/Estonian nor in Swedish/Estonian dictionaries.
:help: , please, Estonian members!
I'm afraid that it's actually quite mundane - "toolimäng" :peek: I think ... :unsure:
You could google "toolimäng". I did. Found some.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

This cam always has really beautiful bird song. It's a shame Eha & Koit rejected this nest for another. We will lose this cam to use at the new BS nest, but I guess that is a good thing, as the cam there never comes on until mid-afternoon or so. And we do want to see the progress in brooding the eggs, & the hatching process!

May 21st, 10:02

If you listen closely, I think you can hear the LSEs calling in the distance at about 52 seconds into the recording.
Kitty KCMO
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Good morning!
I think they have already disconnected this cam, it says the "too many retries".
Urmas wrote, that he wants to use it for the BS nest, as far as I recall. It's sad that this year the nest stayed empty. I liked to have it open for the bird song, but if it helps to have the BS cam on all day, I am also happy!

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”